Chapter 5

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo

The whole day all I could think about was Sana. Sana. Sana. Her eyes were as pretty as I could remember it to be. I would find myself getting lost in her emerald brown eyes. To be honest, I just pulled a lucky trick by calling the nurse. I knew I myself would be floored if I'd stood there staring into Sana's eyes. So many things had happened today. First the day-care had announced a month off as they had to renovate the place, then Lisa who'd agreed to take care of Naomi bailed on me saying Naomi was a handful. I'd had to call Seulgi and get her to walk across buildings to take Naomi. Then Mina, Jeongyeon and Nayeon had seen my daughter. Then there was one patient of mine who finally could walk on his own, another patient of mine had recovered completely and was getting discharged in the morning tomorrow. And of course there was Sana my ex. It'd be a lie to say I wasn't still pining for her but she'd hurt me so bad. It had struck home and I still felt insecure about myself.

The people I used to call friends had tried to talk to me over the past week. I tried so hard to avoid them, but I somehow couldn't. Seulgi had told me to talk to them and move on because deep inside I did want to be with them again. We'd been friends for so long and then they hurt me so bad. They didn't even hear me out. Added to that they began to spread rumors. And they turned all my friends against me. How they did that I didn't know. I half wondered why I wanted to reconcile after everything they did to me. I was lost in my head when a sudden smell interrupted my thoughts.

"Dammit! " I cursed when I'd forgotten about the ginger and garlic in the pan. I added the broccoli , some bell peppers and a couple other vegetables and sautéed them. Next I put them into the creamy pasta sauce I'd made. This was one of the only ways Naomi ate her veggies. Though I tried to be creative and get her to eat them in other ways too, pasta was something she enjoyed and didn't notice the veggies making their way into her little tummy. I mixed everything up and added the boiled pasta. Next I put it into a bowl and let it cool a little before I gave it to her.

I found Naomi on the ground watching her favorite TV show. I smiled and sat down beside her.

I blew on the pasta making sure it wasn't hot and wouldn't burn her tongue before giving it to her. She ate her food without a sound while watching the show. Once she was done, I wiped and let her watch her show for a little longer while I cleaned the kitchen up and ate my now cold dinner. I watched Naomi play with her toys as I ate. Once I was done, I joined her and we bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter