Chapter 12

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo

"Dr. Hirai, she's been waiting for you," the nurse said as I neared Sana's ward. I'd finished the more pressing matters before coming here so that my mind would be free of anything other than the matter at hand.

"Mhmm'' I hummed before opening the door and entering her room after a week of avoiding her. After talking with my assistant, I'd realized that as a doctor I should do my job and go talk to my patient instead of avoiding them.

"Good Afternoon" I greeted as I went to her side and sat down on the chair.

"Hi," she replied, not quite meeting my gaze. I looked towards the window as I bit my lip and thought of what to say to make it a much more comfortable conversation. Usually such talks weren't hard, but this time it was different since the last time either of us had conversed was not a very pleasant one.

"It's nice to see you again," she said, breaking my internal battle on what I should say.

"Uh? Yeah... You too" I lied with an awkward chuckle.

"Liar... You want nothing to do with me" she spoke softly, turning to look at me. I tried to keep my eyes from meeting hers, but I eventually failed and turned to look at her.

"I-" she started but broke off as she huffed and looked up at the ceiling.

"I don't know what to say Momo" she said after a beat and I knew where this conversation was heading to. The wiser thing would have been to face the problem head on and deal with the damage later, but the coward that I was decided to avoid it entirely by changing topics. A part of me knew that having this conversation would probably be better for the both of us, but another part of me feared it.. I'd lost everyone who I thought were on my side that day and... A part of me wondered if my current friends would leave me too.

"You could start by telling me if anything hurts.. Like are the sessions too painful for you to take or maybe some kind of muscle pain?" I said with a shrug.

"It does hurt a lot, you know?" she replied and I bit back the snide in my remark

"Can you please be specific? So that I can assign you some painkillers or maybe reduce your rehab sessions so that you can take it slow?" I asked

"I don't think that will work here Momoring" she said softly.. And I- I'd had enough of her cryptic answers.

"Sana I can't do anything if you don't tell me what exactly hurts! So tell me what- "

"It's my heart" she said cutting me off

"What?" I asked not quite catching her point

"My heart hurts. Everytime I-" she started but stopped before continuing after a deep breath "Everytime I sleep I only remember the things I said to you. All the horrible things I did to you. I..I'm sorry Momo. I really am. I know the damage has already been done and that you might never forgive me but I regret it. I regret it so much that I'd give anything to go back and correct my mistake!"

"Sana-"

"I'm sorry Momo" she sobbed and I closed my eyes fighting off the tears forming in them.

"I'm sorry"

"Sana.." I tried again

"I'm so sorry.. I didn't know what you'd gone through! I didn't think before I said those things" she went on and that was when it clicked in my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter