Black Velvet: Friends. Show. Popcorns.

Beware of the Fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An early afternoon in the Black Velvet apartment is filled with popping noises.

 

Pop. Pop. Pop.

 

Never-ending sounds of the popcorns popping can be heard in the kitchen area, Joohyun teaching their youngest how to simply make popcorns. Having been tuning out of Seungwan’s first drama because of her childish reason had made her hit a piercing realization on her part. The gleaming orbs of Seungwan’s eyes dropping immediately when she asked her about her acting had penetrated Joohyun’s heart deeply since the reply she had was her getting jealous instead of applauding her girlfriend for a job well done.

 

Privately talking with her childhood friend, the second oldest member of the group, had made Joohyun’s foggy head clearer as she thought of an idea of getting together with her group during their aligning free schedule while they binge-watch Seungwan’s drama in her new KLife account. Rosie’s eyes unexpectedly popped crazily, having already watched two episodes of the show during her period breaks but hadn’t been able to continuously watch it to her conflicting schedule of the show afterward. Jisoo gives her a knowing teasing grin, while Seulgi gives her a big two thumbs up.

 

At the present, the members are currently preparing snacks as they indulged in the eighth episodes binge of the ongoing drama entitled “The CEO’s Rivalry”, starring Son Wendy and Kim Jennie.

 

“Unnie, I think I’m getting the popcorn right,” Rosie excitedly beams a smile at Joohyun.

 

“You should be, since it’s just a simple oil and corn crackin’ up together,” Jisoo says, garnishing the banana split with hot choco fudge.

 

“That’s great, Rosie,” Joohyun praises, still peeking at the youngest from time to time as she prepares the chips and crackers.

 

Seulgi prepares the whole setup in the living room as she logs in with Joohyun’s account.

 

After fifteen minutes, the Black Velvet members gather on the big blue couch in the living room. The big flat-screen TV starring at them, cinematic vibe when the opening starts.

 

In front of the big-screen television is Son Wendy, her long black hair with blonde highlights cascading beautifully. Dashing good looks that can make anyone go crazy, her lady boss yet elegant attire exudes power that incorporates her position well in the company. A simple open-neck white blouse paired with black trousers, minimalistic that still screams authority as she wears her sparkling diamond earrings and expensive silver watch. She confidently walks inside her company, her secretary following her.

 

Rosie scoots closer to Joohyun. “Unnie, I still can’t get over Seungwan unnie’s powerful character,” she whispers, stuffing a mouthful of popcorns in afterward.

 

Joohyun’s eyes are transfixed on the screen. Still in awe of the power Seungwan holds in her chaebol character, as if she’s a born businesswoman.

 

Jisoo inches closer to the youngest member. “Don’t even bother talking to unnie,” she takes a peek at their leader, “she’s whipped.”

 

Seulgi on Joohyun’s left side, skims her members' reactions briefly, quickly turning her head to get immersed in the show her best friend is starring.

 

The hours went by fast, the sun bidding its goodbye as the moon rises. The darkness engulfed outside the entire vicinity, the members now in different positions except for Joohyun who remains seated on the couch. Rosie holding a new flavored caramelized popcorn, sitting cross legs below Joohyun. A yoga mat sprawled on the floor as Jisoo lays comfortably, her hands supporting her chin. Coming outside from the comfort room, Seulgi sits beside the leader.

 

Joohyun was no longer feeling queasy after episode six, as no more kissing or any intimate scenes were seen. The show revolves around the fashion world of the business moguls. Both Haneul and Junghwa get busier and busier to meet up privately.

 

“What did I miss?” Seulgi questions the leader, resting her shoulder on the armchair.

 

“Nothing much, just Mr. Oh being suspicious,” Joohyun replies, not taking her eyes off as Seungwan’s scene is rolling. Mr. Oh, an old man with balding hair talking disrespectfully at Haneul.

 

Taking another munch of her popcorn, Rosie leans over Joohyun’s legs. “You’re so lucky to meet a hot and caring girlfriend unnie,” she expresses, voice dreamy.

 

“I am.”

 

Seulgi looks down at the youngest. “Isn’t Wannie also lucky to have our perfect leader?

 

Rosie’s eyes gleam lit up, a gigantic grin on plastered her face. “Oh, yeah! You’re both perfect for each other unnie.”

 

“Unnie, can I have Seungwan unnie if you ever break up?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter