Joohyun: Revel In

Beware of the Fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun wakes up instantly at the first ring of her phone’s alarm, a slender hand draping over her waist. Putting a stop to the disturbing sound, she gawps affectionately at the hottest actress sharing a bed with her — Son Wendy looking perfectly cherubic in her sleeping figure. Joohyun softly caresses her lover’s cheek, earning a satisfied hum from the girl. She still can’t fathom the fact that her girlfriend’s face can now be seen on national television and with a very taboo genre to be on air during her first project. It’s crazier to even think about the possibility of their country giving positive feedback on something that they’ve always shun upon.

 

And yet Joohyun’s currently living in that possibility. No longer a dream, but something she’s relishing in with fervor.

 

A new era of openness and acceptance is what Joohyun’s been craving. Her own family and members' warm receptivity of her coming out brought forth a surging sense of fondness and gratitude to her loved ones. The new progress of this generation makes her want to expect great development of receptiveness to the minor community. And she’s extremely proud of her girlfriend for taking on the project without a single doubt of hesitation, instead of jumping in vigor and eagerness.

 

In all honesty, though, Joohyun can’t scratch off the itch for getting a bit worried when it comes to Seungwan’s field of career, since she’s going to be paired up with various gorgeous actresses and handsome actors in the future. To also add the detail that her girlfriend isn’t only a brilliant actress, but an immensely talented person that can be internationally recognized. Not that she doesn’t trust Seungwan. It’s the people in the entertainment industry that she’s wary about.

 

Seungwan’s pretty much perfect from Joohyun’s perspective.

 

Joohyun’s hand gently slides on Seungwan’s jawline, her eyes taking note of every detail of the actress’ physical features.

 

Seungwan looks utterly attractive with her perfectly sculpted face. Those fluffy cheeks that Joohyun loves to playfully bite during cuddle time. Seungwan’s cute nose that she adores so much and her luscious pink lips that she ceaselessly wants to taste no matter how many times she’d tasted them.

 

Wanting to take a quick peck on Seungwan’s tempting lips, Joohyun leans in just to do it. How could she resist it, when it’s her privilege as a girlfriend to taste the hottest actress’ lips no matter how many times she wants to, especially when it’s right in front of her. As Joohyun believes; when there’s an opportunity, one must cease it. And she’s simply doing that.

 

Seungwan must’ve sensed it as she nuzzles her nose on Joohyun’s neck afterward, peppering her feathery kisses in her half-sleep visage. “...mornin’ unnie,” she mumbles sleepily, her warm breath tickling Joohyun’s neck. She properly wraps her loosening hold on her waist. Her left leg slipped between her partner’s own.

 

“Good morning, Wan.” Joohyun kisses atop Seungwan’s forehead. Never wanting to leave on her side and aching to slip her hands on her exposed skin. Her hands longed for Seungwan’s warm skin and its smoothness under her touch.

 

Seungwan slowly flutters her eyes open, a small yawn escaping from . Her lips formed a sleepy smile. Any smile from Seungwan always makes Joohyun’s day brighter.

 

“You’re free to roam your hands on my body, unnie,” the younger teasingly says, now putting a lopsided grin on her face.

 

Joohyun’s thought was out in the open. Her mind must’ve been out early in the morning. Or dawn to be more precise. How could her mind not wander though? When she’s in the very presence of someone endearing and someone she dearly adores. What’s more when Seungwan’s sleeping physique and pink satin pajamas exude a searing iness, tempting Joohyun to indulge and savor the moment more. She pokes Seungwan’s nose, eyes moving away from the enticement of her desirable lover sprawled in bed with a riding top. “You’re cute, but we’re both busy for today,” she carefully slips in the lie of her raging appetite with her practiced self-control.

 

Seungwan seductively tightens her embrace to Joohyun. “Can’t you stay for a few more minutes?” she whines, giving Joohyun her deadly puppy eyes.

 

“You know I’d love to.” Joohyun pecks another kiss on Seungwan’s pouty lips- “but I need to slip inside our apartment since our manager will pick us up early for today’s schedule.”

 

Seungwan deepens her pout, rewarding her another kiss from Joohyun. “Stop tempting me, Wan-ah.”

 

With a defeated sigh, Seungwan gives her first kiss in the morning. “Then, I’ll give you a ride back,” she mumbles begrudgingly, about to stand up.

 

Joohyun halts Seungwan, gently pushing her down. “Again, I’d love to. But you need more rest, Seungwan-ah. Your shooting will strain your body and I don’t want you getting sick,” she expresses, her tone honey-dripping with sweetness.

 

“But, unnie—”

 

“No can do,” Joohyun says with finality, shaking her head. Her hands maneuvering, fixing Seungwan’s tank top and covering her with the kicked blanket. “Now, go back to sleep my Lil baby Seungwannie,” she coos, patting Seungwan underneath the blanket like a newborn baby and coaxing her back to dreamland.

 

Seungwan furrows her eyebrows, about to refute back, meeting steel of finality in Joohyun’s chilling stare. “At least let me walk you out,” she says in a defeated tone, a small yawn escaping from at the end.

 

“You’ll be having a hard time sleeping again if you set your foot out of the bed-” Seungwan’s mouth opens up, but Joohyun shush it with her index finger- “I know you do, so go back to sleep now. I’ll send a message to you afterward.”

 

Without another fight, Seungwan tries closing her eyes before she flutters them open again. She gives another quick kiss to Joohyun. “I’m only listening to you since I love you. Have a safe trip and text me immediately after you back.”

 

“And you know I love you too that’s why I’m doing this.” Joohyun faintly pinches Seungwan’s nose. “Definitely will text you, ma’am.” She promptly pats Seungwan back to sleep, giving a few more minutes off for her to get back to slumber and appreciate further the actress’ beauty.

 

Gazing on such a beautiful face is something she wishes she could revel in for eternity. How could she not? When the one she’s laying her eyes on is undoubtedly the best person she never knew she wanted. Her fully packed and bustling idol life was no longer as strenuous and rough. Don’t get her wrong, she loves and immensely enjoys doing her job, and appreciates all their fans. Yet, nothing still beats when someone special would willingly wait for her after her periodical stressful day at work.

 

Seungwan consistently melts Joohyun’s icy demeanor, just simply with her mere existence. No one would’ve thought that the stern Black Velvet leader becomes giddy like a love-struck teenager with an achingly sweet correspondence with Seungwan. A few minutes of cuddles with Seungwan vanishes all of the aches in her body from practicing too much, liquefying her to a goo of mushy pudding. Seungwan’s warm and soft touches evaporate all of Joohyun’s worries in an instant, succumbing to the warmth of her lover.

 

Lastly giving her farewell kiss on top of Seungwan’s forehead, she carefully stands up, not wanting to wake up the busy bee actress to take all the rest she needs.

 

 

 

Upon the arrival of Black Velvet’s training facility inside YM entertainment, Joohyun changes her outfit to her decent black and white training outfit. Stretching up her arms and legs for warm-up before practicing her group dance with Jisoo, together with other chosen girls from other groups for a special one-time collaboration for the upcoming K-ON Music Program.

 

In the corner of the room, Jisoo fixes her gaze at Joohyun with a glint of mischief burning in her golden-brown eyes. No words needed to convey that the moment she treads her way to the leader, would spout something that sparks an ignition.

 

Joohyun stops midway from doing leg stretches, tilting her head on the face of their group. Scanning an impish smile from Jisoo, waving up her phone for Joohyun to see.

 

“Unnie, have you watched the latest episode of the most talked show this week?” Jisoo inquires, her tone baiting the leader into something.

 

Going back to doing her leg stretches, Joohyun doesn’t spare a glance at whatever shenanigan one of their youngest member is about to talk herself into. “I don’t have time to watch any dramas these days,” she deadpans, going for another set of warm-ups.

 

Jisoo pivots in front of Joohyun, popping up her head with a split-eating grin engraved in her countenance. “Even if it’s your girlfriend’s first-ever show?”

 

With a hitch, Joohyun narrows her gaze towards Jisoo. “I already expected Seungwan’s career to blow up because she excels in her craft.”

 

“That’s not an answer, unnie,” Jisoo starts of, quirking her brows together. “Don’t tell me you haven’t watched any of the episodes?” she probes over, a slow tug on her lips starting to form a teasing smirk. “You haven’t watched a single show, weren’t you unnie?”

 

Not able to bark back from the allegations of her not supporting her actress of a girlfriend, Joohyun stands in stillness in front of her member. Her brain wracking back and forth for anything to reply. Truth be told, she hasn’t watched any episodes of Seungwan’s show. Not wanting any unnecessary green monsters to claw through her insides. Joohyun’s proud and a hundred percent supportive of Seungwan’s successful career. Despite that certainty of her feelings, she couldn’t make herself watch her lover with another woman beside her.

 

The drama itself isn’t, particularly for the general public to watch. Some of the scenes as told by Seungwan herself, with Joohyun as her practice buddy during her break contains way too many provocative scenes that she’s hesitant to see. Already aware of the popular child actress that Seungwan’s going to be paired with, Jennie’s previous films and dramas had shown Joohyun how much of a qualified A-list actress the girl is. Just the mere visualization of Seungwan and Jennie getting too intimate together irks Joohyun’s core.

 

“Earth back to unnie!” Jisoo snaps her fingers in front of Joohyun. “I can’t believe that you seriously haven’t watched actress Wendy unnie act on screen,” she expresses, eyes dilating with the surprise new information.

 

“Have you forgotten that I’m a busy person?” Joohyun crosses her arms with a huff.

 

Jisoo heartily laughs at Joohyun’s response. She lands one hand on the leader’s shoulder. “Come on unnie, where’s your spirit of sneaking out to watch Seungwan unnie’s theatrical acts during your blooming relationship?” She holds up her other hand with a viewable dummy account.

 

The phone screen shows Jisoo’s fake account, aka her account for some hot teas on the Birdie app as she had said beforehand. Extricating her hand from Joohyun, she scrolls down through her phone. A minute after, she rotates the phone for Joohyun to see. “Everyone’s been hyping about the first hot kissing scene of Junghwa and Haneul.”

 

Inside the blaring screen is a picture of Seungwan and Jennie locking lips in a steamy way, wherein her girlfriend’s hands snake inside Jennie’s body. Joohyun feels something sizzling inside her own body with the single picture.

 

“The avid fans have even added a newest hashtag of ‘Jendy’ in short for their combined names,” Jisoo continues to say, not aware of Joohyun’s temperature rising. She tilts her head playfully. “You’re not jealous, are you Joohyun unnie?”

 

Before Joohyun could reply, Jisoo plays the video cut of the kissing scene, playing it in front of the leader without much care.

 

In front of the mini phone, the screen is her girlfriend having some intense conversation with Jennie’s character as Junghwa, wherein the imbecile caught herself getting locked on the wall with her girlfriend— Haneul. What nonsense and cliché route are she even watching! And what the— did they just kiss because of that reason? What absurdity of a script was that even?!

 

Now that Joohyun’s finally able to see the final output of the script she had acted with Seungwan, she feels an urge of itch on her neck. Something quite there, yet still indescribable for Joohyun to know. It was quite enjoyable to make out and do more than the actual scene with Seungwan back then, but as she’d taken a glimpse of the show, she can’t come herself to like it with how there’s no uniqueness in the whole scenario.

 

“I’m pretty much sure that you aren’t though. I mean... you pretty much have watched unnie kissed with her theatrical co-stars before she got cast in the entertainment industry,” Jisoo continuously says with a nonchalant shrug.

 

Joohyun stands still with a dumbfounded countenance and a scalding body temperature. She senses her blood rushing to her neck, to her cheeks, and up to the tips of her ears. Her hawk-like eyes and sharp ears not missing a beat of Jennie’s pronto change on the second time she’d kissed her Seungwan — of how Jennie’s tongue decided to explore Seungwan’s mouth and her satisfied little sultry moan that irritatingly rings in Joohyun’s ears. She already knew the kissing part when she’s practiced it with Seungwan too, but what makes her dumbfounded and petrified on the spot is the detail of Jennie’s tongue and moan that wasn’t part of the script.

 

It’s an excellent addition alright. As a regular viewer, Joohyun would’ve loved to see girls kissing girls with as much fervor as the heteroual romance. The monumental thing is, she’s not a regular viewer. And the one Jennie kissing is her girlfriend for Pete’s sake! Even making out with tongue on her girlfriend’s mouth! And she dared slip a satisfying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter