Wendy: An Actress

Beware of the Fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since last month, around the nine pm slot on the SYM channel, every Wednesday and Thursday, the newest Korean show that has lesbian main leads has become the hottest topic all over the nation. As their country has been widely known to be more centered on heteroual relationships and not much show about the minority has been out, much less with actors or actresses coming out in the closet.

 

It isn’t that much of a shocker when most Asian countries have a taboo when it comes to something ‘out of the norm’, but so far the reviews have been great. Probably because the new generation is more accepting of it, having an open-minded idea about the topic rather than hating it mainly as it isn’t what it is supposed to be — under the scrutiny and abhorrence to some people as a man should only be with a woman and vice versa. There are still a few snide remarks here and there, but it’s bearable enough with all the overflowing love, support, and acceptance of most viewers.

 

Now they’re shooting for their sixth episode, an important one at that as it contains the first kiss scene of the main characters.

 

The courageous female director who took the leapt into making this show a reality has given them an encouraging smile, opting them to make it a believable scene of rivals getting into a face-off that leads to a hot make-out session before she heads back on her place. “Okay, let’s make the tension convincing for the viewers!” Yuri booms, voice echoing in the entire set. She sits down on her director’s chair comfortably with cross legs, waiting for the cameras to start rolling again.

 

Wendy gulps unconsciously, nerves getting into her body with how well the response they’ve gotten so far and not wanting to flop it over with this particular significant scene where the characters relationship starts getting a bit more complex, yet fairly it deepens their bond. Every motion is swift and fast, clatters and hasty movements everywhere, her eyes wandering around, the cameras angling towards their direction, her hands getting clammy as a click of recognition to start has been launched. Yuri looking at them with expectant hawk-like eyes, having given her good comments about her acting, yet it isn’t enough to fuel herself up into someone voracious to be snogging a popularly known actress in this industry.

 

From her position in the set, Wendy watches Jennie’s cat-like eyes glancing at her, giving her a small smile of encouragement before she starts storming her way out towards her direction right after Yuri shouts ‘scene fifty-four, take one — ACTION!’. Jennie’s eyes changed into her character in a split second, jealousy bubbling up with her rivalry in business getting ahead of her. The abruptness of change has instantly pierced something in Wendy’s mind as her demeanor changes in a flick of motion, waiting for another vendetta from her nemesis. She smirks proudly at Jennie, hands entwined on her table as her chin rests on top of it, eyes staring tauntingly at her to have the first blow as she walks nearer to her.

 

Jennie’s character, Park Junghwa has taken her bait as she slams her hands down on her wooden table in her private office, which no one should easily have access to, except her secretary has known Junghwa for a while and the CEO itself has given her rival the approval to come in her office unannounced, without her knowledge of course. “You think you’re so great because you’ve caught Mr. Lee as your investor,” Junghwa shouts, her lips twitching with anger.

 

Wendy as Yoo Haneul doesn’t reply with Junghwa’s attempt to rile her up, instead, she gives her an arrogant look of triumph. It doesn’t take a second for Junghwa to get ballistic to the response she’s gotten as she inches closer to Haneul in her attempt to look superior, which is not working as Haneul snorts with her reaction. “I apologize, your face looks funny up close,” Haneul jokes, making Junghwa more furious because no one has dared to say that she looks funny, instead she receives more compliments on her looks.

 

Junghwa twitches her lips, nose flaring and face fuming with invisible steams, earning another snort from her rival. “Goodness, I could see through your nostrils with how close you are,” Haneul mentions laughingly, “Sorry, sorry,” she adds instantly, hands waving in motion with her impolite comment.

 

“I bet you’ve slept with Mr. Lee to acquire that investment,” Junghwa barks back with her personal theory, looking smug as she says so.

 

Haneul finally stands up, startling Junghwa a little bit with how close their faces are when she does so, managing to stand straightly as Haneul’s gaze falls on her. “I bet you’ve been checking me out with how you got up with an utterly ridiculous nonsense,” Haneul proclaims with boosting confidence. She walks her way out to the expanse of her table and chair, treading over to Junghwa’s direction, making a stop five inches apart. “Aren’t you?” she asks teasingly, brows upwards as she waits for the reply.

 

“N-now that’s ut-utterly nonsense,” Junghwa stutters a reply, moving a step backward with their close proximity. Haneul bites back a laugh with the cute stuttering from the girl as she steps forward whenever the other girl steps backward.

 

“Is it though?” Haneul asks again with her face a mere two inches closer to Junghwa.

 

Haneul’s rival has nowhere to step backward anymore as her back is planted with the cold wall, sending shivers to her spine, but mainly due to the woman playing games in front of her. Haneul pins her on the wall with one hand slamming on it, making Junghwa unable to escape. “With how you’ve always acted since college years and now you’re barging into my office without any notice just to accuse me of some of your wild imaginations of my success,” her eyes flutter a mockery look, drifting ever so slightly with Junghwa’s throat swallowing, “I bet you’ve imagined yourself molding your body into mine,” she whispers huskily, grazing her lips into her ear. She hears another involuntary gulp, making her smile victoriously with another win.

 

Junghwa has been feeling Haneul’s warm breath in her ear, freezing her on the spot with the unexpected event, not on her overthinking mental lists. “You’re not the only one with keen eyes. I’ve seen the way you’ve looked at me hungrily for years,” Haneul continues, lips not leaving her ear. “Wouldn’t you like to know how my lips would taste in yours?” she hears Haneul asks in front of her before their lips collide with sheer force.

 

The kiss is hard, sloppy at first with the sudden attack, and feels as if Junghwa would have bruise lips to hide from the public eyes when she goes out from her rival’s company. She could have push Haneul right there, which her mind is pushing her to do so, yet her body seems to have its own mind as she melts into the kiss of the rival she’s been pining over since college years, eyes closing as she relishes the moment. She starts moving in rhythm with Haneul’s lips, her hands relocating on their own to pull Haneul tighter by grabbing her neck, while Haneul’s hands are gripping on her waist.

 

The kiss breaks off after a minute, Junghwa’s lips chasing Haneul’s own, making her rival laugh heartily. “I guess my hunch was correct,” Haneul boasts aloud her new discovery, hands still on Junghwa’s waist.

 

Junghwa’s eyes slowly flutter to open up, breathing unsteady and mind malfunctioning because of what just happened. But who cares right now when her desires have been opened by none other than her rival. “This wasn’t the only wild imagination that I’ve had in mind,” she admits unabashedly, eyes hungrily looking at Haneul’s body.

 

“You did lock the door before barging in, didn’t you?” Haneul asks playfully. As Junghwa nods with confirmation, she inches closer to mash their lips again, tongue now exploring the other end and hands now maneuvering the other body parts.

 

 

 

“— and CUT!” Yuri announces happily, voice dripping with contentment. The staff has to applaud them for their good work, Wendy giving them a shy, yet proud smile as she bows a little, humility oozing out with every given compliment.

 

Jennie looks at her, eyes amusedly staring at the junior’s reaction with every thrown compliment. “You did great as usual,” she comments offhandedly. Wendy turns her back again to meet her co-star, pink hues spreading with the number of good remarks on her acting.

 

“Thanks sunbae, you—“

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter