happy valentines!

Scribbles On The Train To Daegu

People say that everything you write on your body appears on the same exact spot on your soulmate, Seungwan never believed that.

Wendy hurriedly entered the train going to Daegu and sat on her dedicated seat as soon as she found it. Settling comfortably on the train preparing for his almost 2 hours trip, a girl who seems like a college senior sat beside her. Minding her own business, she shrugged it off and continue settling in while the girl who just sat down started sleeping. The train peacefully traveled from Seoul to Daegu when Seungwan noticed the girl dropped her ID. Her kind nature kicked in as she decided to pick the id up. Not trying to be nosy or anything, she can’t help but notice the stunning visuals of the girl from her picture Her name’s Joohyun, a senior from the music department. She looks extremely beautiful with her bunny like features and long silky, jet black hair. Realizing that she’s been holding the id for quite a while already, she decided to wake her seatmate up so she can return it to the latter. The cold aura her seatmate radiates from her photo is nowhere to be found right now. She looks so peaceful as she sleeps. After a few taps on her shoulder her seatmate replied with a groan as she leaned on her shoulders, still sleeping. Being the gentlewoman that she is, she adjusted her position and made sure that the lady beside her is comfortable. Seungwan felt a light buzz from her pocket, signalling an incoming call. She answered the call, it was her boss, Sooyoung who sent her to Daegu to find inspiration for a song she was assigned to write. Sooyoung called Seungwan for a couple of things she needs to pick up while she’s in Daegu. Seungwan is a smart girl but she can’t memorize everything Sooyoung is saying. After all, psychology our brain can only memorize seven words max using our short-term memory. Unable to find a piece of paper to write on, she pulled out her pen from her coat she started scribbling it on her palm. Sooyoung suggested a good place for her to eat so she wrote the address too. As soon as she finished talking, she noticed a couple of scribbles on the hand of the lady beside her, whom is slowly regaining consciousness. Seungwan was shocked and so is Joohyun as she saw her ID held by her seatmate. Seungwan snapped out of it and returned the ID.

“Uhm, you dropped your ID.” Seungwan said.

 

 “Oh, thank you and sorry for sleeping on your shoulder. It must’ve been uncomfortable, school’s just really hard these days. Oh god, why am I rambling, sorry” she replied.

 

Seungwan found it cute so she let out a little laugh. “No worries, that’s expected on your senior year. Sorry I saw a glimpse of your ID. I’m Seungwan by the way.”

 

“Joohyun. Nice meeting you, Seungwan.”

 

Joohyun reached out her hand for a handshake, Seungwan panicked because the scribbles are still there and she realized that these scribbles are the same exact ones on her hand. The scribbles she wrote on her hand is on Joohyun’s too. Joohyun noticed the scribbles on her palm which she is certain, never existed.

Seungwan hurriedly shook her hand. “Do you believe in soulmates?” Seungwan asked

 

 “Did you perhaps wrote this scribbles on your palm and they appeared on mine?” Irene answered.

 

 “Yes.” They said in unison and laughed. Answering both of their questions.

 

 

 “I know this place, I’m from Daegu I can take you there. If you want.” Irene said as she read the scribbles on her palm.

 

 “Oh really? That’d be awesome. I’d really like it if you could accompany me.” Seungwan answered.

 

 

Seungwan never really believed in soulmates. All she wanted was to finish the song she’s asked to write. But she never really expected that she’ll accomplish two things. One is to finish the song and two find her soulmate.

 

Irene, always believed in soulmates. But never in her life imagined that hers would be like this.


 

 They started talking about so much more as the sun slowly sets, as a new hope for the two of them is slowly rising. Who would’ve thought you’d find your soulmate through some scribbles on a train ride to Daegu.