Smooth as Butter Cookies

Welcome to *reads hands* the Cookie Club?

Hongjoong stuffed the rest of his notebooks into his backpack, making sure not to accidentally crumple or bend anything. He liked to have all his stuff organized, and looking at something out of place made his eyes bleed. 

 

When he was grabbing his pencil pouch off his desk, a knock on the door startled him. He wasn’t used to many people coming to his room, except San and sometimes Mingi. The ones who always scared the out of him were always Yeosang and Seonghwa.

 

Still holding the pencil pouch in his hands, Hongjoong made his way to the door, not even caring about making himself presentable (he still hadn’t changed; he was only in a plain white t-shirt and some black basketball shorts, plus his socks - don’t even dare talk about his hair). 

 

Hongjoong opened the door, staring at who he now realized was Seonghwa with a bored expression. “What… What are you doing here?” he asked. “Another dare that Jongho did?”

 

“Jongho didn’t do  ,” Seonghwa said. He was dressed nicely, much nicer than Hongjoong over here, but to be fair, Seonghwa came from a rich family, so it was to be expected. “No, I just came because, well, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out, I guess.”

 

Hongjoong, being shorter, looked up to Seonghwa, sighing. It was Friday, and he didn’t really have plans, so he was going to take advantage of that and go to the library and study, but Seonghwa probably wanted to make fun of him again. “Seonghwa, I really am not in the mood for another prank-”

 

“I swear it’s not a prank!” Seonghwa exclaimed. “I just want to see you, is that too much to ask?”

 

“I- for what particular reason do you wish to see me?” Hongjoong asked, crossing his arms over his chest. Some sharp pencils were poking against the pencil pouch in his hands, poking his arm, but he tried to ignore the tiny pain it was causing. “You’re really expecting me to believe that you don’t have anything else planned on a Friday?”

 

“Well, maybe I didn’t make plans,” Seonghwa mumbled under his breath. 

 

Hongjoong raised an eye. “Not even a date or something?”

 

“No, I don’t go on dates ,” Seonghwa denied. “I’m not interested in other people.”

 

Sounds like something a playboy would say, Hongjoong though. “What did you want to do then?” he asked, still thinking Seonghwa was up to something. 

 

Seonghwa ran his hands through his styled hair. Literally why he would make an effort to look decent everytime he wanted to be with Hongjoong was a mystery to him; San sometimes showed up in just boxers (although, that’s just San.) “We can… go out to eat?” he suggested. “You can pick, I really don’t mind.”

 

Ah. That explained why he was dressed so well. 

 

“Well, let me change, then,” Hongjoong said, uncrossing his arms as he stepped back inside his dorm room, throwing his pencil pouch on his desk. “I’m assuming you’re done with all your upcoming assignments and whatnot.”

 

“Oh, yeah, a lot of them were similar to what I’ve done in my father’s company,” Seonghwa said, taking one step into the room, looking around. “It wasn’t that bad-”

 

He saw Hongjoong grab a pair of jeans off his bed, holding it in his hands as he stared at Seonghwa.

 

“-oh, I’m sorry, I- -” Seonghwa turned around, shutting the door. “Sorry, I swear I’m not looking.”

 

“Uh… it’s fine,” he heard Hongjoong say behind him. True to his word, Seonghwa didn’t dare to look at him. “There, I’m done.”

 

Seonghwa turned around again, looking at Hongjoong, who was now wearing the jeans instead of his basketball shorts. He was still wearing the white t-shirt, though, and grabbed a thin black jacket off the back of his chair. 

 

“You’re… looking good,” Seonghwa managed to sputter out, stunned by Hongjoong who, despite wearing simple clothes, still looked wonderful. “Nice.”

 

“You’re funny.” Hongjoong grabbed his black converse under his desk and put them on while standing up; he was already wearing socks, since he didn’t like his feet touching the bare tiles on the floor. “No wonder you hang out with San.”

 

Seonghwa really wanted to shower Hongjoong with all types of compliments, from how radiant his smile was to how he managed to rock every single outfit, even jeans and a t-shirt, but knowing the boy wouldn’t listen to him, at he said now was “well, I want to hang out with you now. I don’t think that’s a crime.”

 

***

 

Cookie Club

 

San

I have an announcement regarding the next meeting

 

Yoongi

We have the next meeting Tuesday, right?

 

Yuto

C O O K I E

 

Bobby

Wtf

 

Hongjoong

Yes we do have another meeting next Tuesday

Wait announcement of what?

San?

 

San

You know the cafe we always go to? Especially with Seonghwa

 

Kino

I love cafes!!!!

 

Junhoe

I think my father owns two cafes here in the city

 

Hongjoong

Don’t remind me of that idiot

Yeah what about it

 

Yoongi

Who’s Seonghwa

 

Hongjoong

No one important

 

San

ANYWAYS

There’s like this gorgeous barista right

His name is Wooyoung

 

Yuta

What is this, a coffee shop au

 

Yoongi

Those

 

Junhoe 

Coffee shop what

 

San

Anyways this guy is REALLY GOOD at making cookies

Like insanely good

Like I would rather die than not have another cookie of his

 

Hoseok

I don’t think you should be that negative!
 

Yoongi

Let a man dream, hobi

 

Hanbin

Like so good you just want to eat him out for an hour straight as a reward?
 

Hongjoong

PLEASE STOP

 

San

EXACTLY

 

Yuto

Man, I don’t remember the last time I ate out someone

 

Junhoe

I can, yesterday

 

Hoseok

I don’t think we should be talking about here

 

Si Cheng

Hey, non native Korean here, someone educate me

 

San

Anyways, Wooyoung said he’ll make us cookies!

But he wants the meeting as his cafe since he has all the supplies

 

Hongjoong

And WHEN were you planning on telling me?
 

San

WELL

FRIDAY YOU WERE BUSY ON A DATE WITH SEONGHWA

I WENT TO THE CAFE FOR ANOTHER MOCHA AND TALKED TO WOOYOUNG

 

Yoongi

WHO IS SEONGHWA

 

Hanbin

Clearly someone important if they keep mentioning him

 

Hongjoong

He’s really not


***

 

Hyunggu rubbed his eyes for the third time that Saturday. 

 

And it was only 8 PM. 

 

He felt like crying at his point. He was really stuck on this assignment that was due Monday, and didn’t know what to do anymore. 

 

Hyunggu has tried quite possibly everything that he could think of. He searched up online, he went on Quizlets, he went on Khan academy, he went to the library, he’s been to the office hours, heck, he even read the entire first half of the textbook trying to find something to help him, but alas… he was still stuck. 

 

The good thing was that there was still time, though. It was Saturday, after all, but it saddened Hyunggu knowing that he wasn’t going to have any time for himself during the weekend if he wanted to get a good grade on this assignment. 

 

It seemed like every other college student here was having the time of their life. Everyone studied, sleep, ate, had fun with their friends, went to parties, and some still even managed to see their parents everyone once in a while? How were they getting all that time? Was Hyunggu the only one with hard classes? 

 

Or was he just stupid?

 

Hyunggu let out another cry, laying his head on his desk. He could feel his eyes getting wet, but he didn’t care, he didn’t care as he laid there on the desk, thinking what to do. 

 

Maybe he could ask for help? No, that wasn’t going to be possible; he didn’t know anyone in this campus, and he didn’t have friends back home. 

 

Matter of fact, there was only one person that had willingly given him his number. 

 

Sitting back up on his desk, eyes widening, Hyunggu immediately grabbed his phone off his desk and pressed the phone app, dialing a familiar name. 

 

He half-expected him to not answer, but to his surprise, Yuto picked it up quickly. “Kino?” he asked, using the fake name Hyunggu had given him. “What is it?”

 

Hyunggu swallowed, wiping his tears off his face. Even though Yuto couldn’t see him, he still didn’t want to give off the appearance of sounding pathetic. “Are you busy?”

 

“Uh, no, not really,” Yuto said from the other line, and Hyunggu could hear some people whispering in the background. “Did you want to hang out?”

 

“I- If I’m honest, I’m doing homework,” Hyunggu explained. “And I’m really struggling on this one assignment, and-”

 

“You need help?” Yuto finished. “Yeah, I can help, where do you want to meet up?”

 

“Meet- meet up?” Hyunggu stuttered out. 

 

“Uh, yeah, it’s totally fine,” Yuto added. “I mean, we can do it over the phone, but it’s harder not to see, I guess.”

 

Hyunggu his phone, showing the time and that he was one the phone with Yuto. Currently it was 10:34 PM, and it was already dark outside. 

 

“It’s night, are you sure it’s okay?” Hyunggu asked, terrified. He had never been allowed to go out at night back when he lived with his parents. 

 

“I mean… we can still be on campus, if you’re worried of being murder off campus or something,” Yuto said, laughing. “Wait, I shouldn’t be laughing, that happened a year ago I think-”

 

“It happened what ?!” Hyunggu shrieked. 

 

“-anyways, just pick where you want to go,” Yuto said. “I really don’t mind.”

 

Hyunggu took the phone off his ear, staring at the contact name. Was Yuto really offering to take him somewhere? On a Saturday night? Where the latter could instead be with his friends?

 

He felt a bit bad; it was his own fault that he was stupid enough to not be able to do his assignment. However, Hyunggu had called him for help, and it was Yuto’s idea, anyways. 

 

He put the phone back against his ear. “I”m okay with anything,” he said at last.

 

***

 

“It’s not even eleven and he’s already asleep,” Seokjin said, grabbing a piece of popcorn from Namjoon’s bowl, ignoring the latter’s glare at him. He threw it at Yoongi, who was leaning against the couch, eyes closed. “Wake up, !”

 

“Jin, let him sleep , please,” Hoseok said, grabbing the popcorn that bounced off of Yoongi onto the floor, throwing it back at Seokjin. “He’s been really stressful about work, let him nap.”

 

“Dude, like you said, it’s already eleven, that’s a perfectly good time for someone to be going to sleep,” Namjoon pointed out. “Not everyone is planning on falling asleep drunk like you.”

 

Seokjin glared at him. “How dare you criticize my drinking habits when I am legal drinking age-”

 

“Oh my god, you guys are so- so argumentative,” Hoseok said, grabbing another can of cola off the coffee table. He already has two bottles of soju, and unlike Seokjin over here, he didn’t like waking up with headaches. “Do you guys have to get worked up over everything ?”

 

“Okay, Mr. World Peace advocate,” Seokin said. “Last time I recalled, I woke up and chose violence today.”

 

“Surprised you actually woke up,” Namjoon muttered under his breath, taking a swig of his beer. 

 

Seokjin raised a hand up, leaning forward. “ you-”

 

“Don’t ing hit me, ,” Namjoon said, leaning backwards. Seokjin missed, hitting the air instead. “Rude.”

 

“ you,” Seokjin said again. “Anyways, I’m assuming Yoongi’s going to sleep tomorrow as well, are you guys going to do anything or also be ing miserable?”

 

Namjoon shrugged. “Just going to do some advanced reading,” he said, looking at Hoseok, who was now looking at the carpet, playing with the threads. “Hobi?”

 

Hoseok shrugged. “Maybe, I haven’t said yes yet.”

 

“Yes to what ?” Seokjin asked, curious. He sat up straighter, grabbing the opened bottle of vodka and pouring himself a shot. “Cheers to Hoseok finally getting laid!”

 

“I am not getting laid,” Hoseok said, glaring at him. “I- oh my gosh, you guys think about  way too much.”

 

“Hoseok, what are you planning to say yes to?” Namjoon said. 

 

Hoseok didn’t immediately reply, still playing with the carpet underneath him. “Someone asked me out, and I told them I would think about it,” he said finally. 

 

“Woah, seriously??” Seokjin asked, downing his shot of vodka.

 

Namjoon pointed at Yoongi besides Hoseok, who still appeared to be sleeping. “What about…”

 

Hoseok sighed. “Namjoon, you know I usually appreciate your wits, but I’m not going to take your word for it this time,” he said, taking one last drink of his coca cola before reaching for another soju bottle. “Yoongi doesn’t like me back, and it’s fine , you know, he shouldn’t have to-”

 

“But- I mean, you haven’t spoken to him about it,” Namjoon interrupted him. “I just think you shouldn’t make any rash decisions-”

 

“Dude, he’s not hurting anyone, why can’t Hoseok go on this date?” Seokjin said, pouring himself another shot of vodka. “Here, Hoseok, let's toast to you finally going on a date and not moping over Yoongi here. Don’t tel him I said this, but I love him to death-”

 

“Why don’t you want him to know that?” Namjoon asked. 

 

“-and it’s his ing problem if he doesn’t like you back,” Seokjin concluded, holding up his shot. 

 

Hoseok, having opened his bottle, clinked it against the little shot glass. “Cheers,” he mumbled, stealing another glance at Yoongi besides him. 

 

Authors note///

So... cheers! As of now I have ALL of my fics uploaded! i actually just published this chapter today on ao3, so everyone is all caught up. i hope you guys enjoy this story!! it's like pure crack ngl