School

Emily

 

Forty minuets later they pulled up outside a large beautiful building. Emily gasped when she saw it, she had seen pictures in the guide book, but the 2d pictures did not show the colour and brightness of the gardens or the way rainbows shone of the windows, and butterflies dancing in the rays of light.

It's like it's out of a fairy tale.” She whispers snapping a quick photo of the school so she could email it to Soohyun Oppa.


 

Welcome to Beak Chang boarding school.” A large cheerful looking lady came out to great them all full of smiles. Emily smiled at her and bowed. “I am Mrs Lee the head teacher of the school.”

You have a beautiful school here.” Mrs Shin says feeling relieved that it wasn't a huge brick prison of a school.

Thank you Mrs Shin. You don't need to be scared little one. The school may look big but we only have one hundred and twenty pupils. You have to be very special to get in.” She winks at Emily and takes her hand leading her into the school.

The four of them walk through the beautiful school front garden which leads the to the main part of the school.

Downstairs we have the less advanced section of the school.” She explained leading them to a set of double doors, where they could clearly see the children having their lessons. It was an odd sight seeing children that looked as young as three or four having lessons with older children. “This class is for the Middle school department. The middle school has two classes A is the upper levels and B is the lower. We have so few Elementary students that they all get private tutors.”

Next she shew them the upper floors which was dedicated to the High school department. She led the through the back doors, out onto another beautiful garden.

This is the university section.” She motioned to a building slightly smaller than the main building but equally as pretty. “It's our biggest section. I believe you will be our youngest pupil.” They went inside to have a look at the class rooms, she was right the students all looked between eighteen and twenty. We'll that was before a boy sitting in the corner noticed them and started waving.

Hi Mum!”

Mrs Lee rolled her eyes and stepped out of the classroom before any other students noticed them. She wanted Emily to be settled down in her dorm before she was introduced to everyone.

Is that your son?” Mr Shin asked as they walked to wards the dormitories.

Yes. He's fourteen although he acts much younger.” she giggles at the thought of her cute childish son.

What is his name?” Emily stepped to the side to hold the door open for the adults, earning an approving smile from Mrs Lee.

Lee HongKi.” 


 

 

What do you think so far?” Mr and Mrs Shin were helping Emily put her things away in her new room. It was a shared room and she was going to have to share with another child from the university department. You may wonder why the dorms are not separated into age groups instead of Department types. It is because most children who learn at a higher level also mature quicker thus they could lose patience if placed with their own age, also it makes study groups a lot easier.

Mr and Mrs Shin didn't seem to mind this as they thought the older children might look after Emily like Soohyun had.

It seems Ok.” She tried smiling but couldn't quite manage so instead went back to placing her folded clothes in the frog shaped dresser. “This room is kind of cute. Don't you think Umma?” She says to try and lighten the mood.

It is. Certainly not what I expected of a boarding school dormitory.” She replied laughing soothing the covers on one of the frog beds. Soon after all of Emily's things had been put away and it was time for her parents to leave.

You have to come see me lots. OKAY?” Emily hugged the both of them not wanting to let them go.

We will. Don't you worry.” Mr Shin kissed her head and placed some strands of hair behind her ears. “Remember if you want to come home, all you have to do is call.”

I know.”

We'll miss you.” Mrs Shin smiles at her before stepping out of the door with Mr Shin. Once the door was closed Emily let out a long sigh. She picked the Soohyun Oppa bear up from her bed, laying down with it she closed her eyes and hugged it close to her chest.

-Boing-

Emily looked up to see who had pounced on her bed. HongKi was at the end of her bed on all fours smiling at her, as if he was completely innocent. Emily sighed again and sat up so she was sitting facing him.

HI!” He said in broken English and waved at her. “I'm Lee HongKi.”

I know and Mrs Lee is your Umma.”

Yep!”

Just one thing”

Yep?”

You need to knock before coming into a girls room.”

He tilted his head to the side with a pout. “But it's my room too.”

You're my room mate?”

Uh huh!”

But you're a boy.”

I know, but my room was the only spare one left, and seeing as we're still little Umma thought it would be better than moving lots of students around.”

I suppose it makes sense. But um... does that mean your bed is that one?” She pointed to the empty bed across the room, with raised eyebrows. The bed was coved in millions of teddies.

Hey don't tease, they're cute.” He pouts at her crossing his arms, Emily suddenly understood what Mrs Lee had meant by him not acting his age. She giggled then lent forward to pinch his cheeks.

You're so cute.”

Yah! Stop it.” He joined in the giggling and started to tickle her as revenge. “Mum told me to make you change into uniform and come down for lunch.” He points to the uniform he had placed on top of the dresser before he snuck in. 

 

She took the dress of the dresser going into their bathroom to change and wash up.

Ready?” He asked he when she came out. He had been waiting on her bed playing with her bear. When she nods he jumps of the bed taking her hand and leads her out of the room.