Wishes

Emily

 

WE'RE BACK!” Hana discards her coat and bags leaving them in a pile on the floor. Emily being the more sensible of the two hangs up her coat and the one from off the floor. Hana storms around the house looking for Soohyun. “OPPA! WHERE ARE YOU?”

Eun Ae rolls he eyes at her noisy sister and helps Emily to take all of the bags up to her room. Hana barges in whilst they were in the middle of wrapping up the presents.

He's still out.” She sighs.

Kinda figured that out after the first five minuets of you searching and shouting for him.” Eun Ae leans forward sticking a piece of sticky tape over her sisters mouth. “Much better.”

Mmm mmm mm mm.”

“Argh It's even more annoying with the tape.” Emily carefully peels the tape off her unnies mouth refraining from giggling at her expression. Hana is one of them people that just makes people laugh. Mostly it is unintentional. The expressions that appear on her face and her simpleness were all just rather humorous.

Don't laugh at me.”

Sorry Unnie. I can't help it.” 



 

 

Emily had woke up very in the early morning, it was still dark outside. She lay in bed and let the old memories of her birth parents take over her consonance. She was afraid she would forget. Forget their smiles, the way they held her, the way they played and the advise they gave. She missed them so much.

Suddenly, she felt really lonely. She slides out of her bed careful not to wake Hana. Grabbing the wrapped present of the chair she makes her way to Soohyuns room. She slides the door open and peers her head round the side. She puts the present on top of his bed side table and climbs into his bed.

If you're here to wake me up, then think again. It's my birthday I want to sleep.” His eyes were still closed.

Nope. I was just lonely.”

Been thinking of your parents again.” She nods sadly. Soohyun was the only one she could confide in. He always seemed to understand what she said and how she felt. He pulls her into a bear hug and closes his eyes falling back to sleep. Soon after Emily falls asleep in his arms.

Wakey wakey Emily.” Emily woke up to someone tickling her feet. She was insanely ticklish so she ended up kicking and squealing all over the place.

WAH! I'm up... I'm up.” He stopped the attack and sits cross legged on his bed.

So... can I hae my present now?” He points to the blue package beside his bed. “You know it was naughty of you to run of yesterday not telling me where you went. But as it was for my present I'll let you off.”

Let us off? You sent Eun Ae to find us. You're not about to say that you didn't think she would tell you what we got you?”

Fine. I just wanted to know what presents I'd get. Am I forgiven.”

As it's your birthday... temporarily. Tomorrow however.”

Seeing as she didn't tell, I'm guessing that you guys ran off?”

Yep. Here you go.” She hands him the parcel and watches as he unwraps it. He smiles when he sees the stuffed frog.

Ahhh. I get it. Like that conversation we once had.” He pulls the toy out of the rest of the paper and starts making it do a funky arm dance.

You remembered?”

How could I forget.” He smiles at her but it soon turns into a frown, “The kind king still hasn't turned up and seen my goodness.”

They will one day. You just have to wait. It's one of the build a bear toys. I made a wish on his heart. He should be extra lucky now.”

What was the wish?”

If I tell you it wont come true.” She really hoped the wish would come true. It wasn't one of them wishes like wanting a puppy or anything that other people wished for. It wasn't the same wish she had wished for every nigh after her parents died, that the accident never happened. Her wish was simple, something she believed would come true. She wished that Soohyun would succeed in his dream.