It's Not Living (susé)

Sailing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Rosie, let's go, they're waiting for us." The said girl turned her head to her friend Lisa, after she finished putting her stuffed on her duffle bag, hair still wet. They just finished their swimming competition at their school intrams.

 

Rosie nodded. They walked out of their changing room and headed their way to the gymnasium, to watch their friends, her cousins to play volleyball.

 

She already heard the loud cheering roaring inside the gymnasium. 

 

She heard Lisa's hissing at her as she moved so slowly, she rolled her eyes.

 

She wasn't slow, she even finished her shower faster than her usual time. It's just that their schedule was overlapping. 

 

"Stop whining, Lis. We're just right in time." said Rosie as they in front of the gym door, they quickly went to their spot. 

 

Their friends greeted them, asking how their competition went. 

 

"Rosie, won. She set a new record." Lisa answered. 

 

They congratulate her. 

 

"You should really join the swimming club, you know? I'm sure your twin will be happy about it." Irene said smiling, she's one of their older friends. Always the one who keeps the group at peace. 

 

"I don't have time for it, Unnie. Your girlfriend was the one who persuaded me to join in this competition." She pouted, if only Roseanne did not pursue her, she would not bother to join in the first place. Irene just laughed at her antics, ruffling her still wet hair. 

 

"Well, you are her disciple as she claimed." She groaned at Yerim. 

 

"Please she's just older by one minute." The audacity to laugh at her when she's just telling the truth. They focused on watching the game. 

 

Roseanne, her twin sister was the one who's always the sporty type between the two, smarter, in fact Roseanne was ahead of her in their study. She's 2nd year college taking law, and achiever whilst Rosie is 1st year college taking fine arts. She's hotheaded, while she is calm. Roseanne was the master of flirting, she played around until Irene staked a claim on her twin, while Rosie let's just say that she's a flirt as well, her twin Roseanne taught her so well, maybe that's why the latter called her disciple because she's teaching her her ways to girls.

 

It's already the fourth set and the visiting team are ahead by two sets and if they take the fourth set they will win the match. And Rosie could see her friends, cousins and twin catching their breath, nervous etched on their faces. 

 

Her eyes roamed at the other side of the court. She spotted the girl wearing a number ten jersey, at the service line. She was stunned for a moment. The girl is beautiful, beyond if she may add. Her deep brown eyes are focused, perfect nose, red lips in a thinned line, jaw tightening. She was so deadly serious, cold, arrogant for Rosie.

 

"Arrogant." she muttered to herself, when she saw the girl look at her with eyes void of emotion.

 

The girl tossed the ball so high, jumped, swung her arm to hit the ball with such force. And her cousin Wendy was the one who received the ball, she saw the struggle of her cousin as the ball bounced back to the opponent's sides. She saw the girl again, hitting the ball after their setter set to her and it hit down the line.

 

"What the are you guys doing? You can't ing block the ball. You're all useless." Rosie shouted on the top of her lungs, frustrated at their team. Her friends laughed at her. She always badmouthed her friends whenever they're playing, and they can't do anything about it.

 

"Oh my god, calm down, Rosie. You're so embarrassing." Lisa and Yeri yelped at her, face-palming. "Unnie, your girlfriend was useless." 

 

"You are really her disciple, that's why she's so proud of it." Irene giggled.

 

"Shut up, Rosie. Just freaking watch the game." Roseanne shouted back.

 

Again Rosie saw the girl looking at her, she just rolled her eyes. The nerve of this arrogant player.

 

She saw her about to hit the ball, with such confidence, she shouted so loud, "Boo!"

 

Her friends turned their attention to her, jaw dropped at her antics.

 

"What was that, Rosie?"

 

"Typical Park."

 

"You're so hilarious."

 

She turned them out, just watching the ball cross the net and hit the line. And just like that the rival team won the game.

 

The number ten girl eyed her, deep brown eyes bored to her, still void of emotion. She scoffs, tearing her gaze and goes to her friends and twin.

 

When she reached them, "You guys are useless, how can you lose in the fourth set?" She said irritated.

 

"Stop whining, Rosie, you're not the one who loses anyway. And beside Bae Suzy, was one of the best player in the region." Roseanne said, pointing out the rival, the girl in number ten jersey.

 

Bae Suzy, huh?

 

-

 

"Break, Rosie." Her instructor said to her after she finished her routine.

 

"Okay." She grabbed her hydro flask and drank. On her peripheral vision she saw Bae Suzy walking inside the gym, bag slung to her shoulder, Suzy saw her, nodding to her as the sign of acknowledgement. Since they learned that Suzy was Irene unnie's cousin they act civil to each other. Just hi and hello. That's it.

 

They have no proper conversation as she finds Suzy, too serious and matured for her liking, she intimidated her, and Suzy made her conscious when the way she's looking at her just like right now. 

 

Suzy watched her every move as she settled her things, sat across her. 

 

"Okay, one more set and we're done for today, Rosie." Her instructor, Jihyo said to her that made Rosie gulp so hard, her heart beating so fast knowing Suzy will see her doing her routine. 

 

She's so damn nervous for some reason. All she wants right now is to finish her routine in a snap without making mistakes knowing Suzy is just across from her, but the thoughts made her more nervous. 

 

Can she leave already because it seems like she's done with her routine eh? What she's even doing here? All of the gyms in the city, she chose this small one and it was not popular.

 

She breathes heavily, and does her slow mountain climbers down, and for the love of God she wants to bury herself right now when Jihyo speaks, "Why are you so timid right now, Rosie? What happened to you?" 

 

. Can't she see she's trying her best right now. She stood up, and glanced at Suzy one more time, for her to see the latter lips lift and eyes dancing in mischief. Rosie felt her face burning. 

 

"Oh, I see. Now I know why." She heard Jihyo , and smirked at her. 

 

it! She muttered. 

 

"Let's do it again." She uttered, masking the embarrassment and nervous she's feeling right now. 

 

She resumes her routine without looking at Suzy, ignoring how loud her heart is beating and the uneasiness she's feeling. It was hard but thank God she finished her routine, not smoothly but at least she's done. 

 

She stood up, and walked to her bottle, and on the side of her eyes, she called to see Suzy talking to some boys, and girls, smiling a little. She scoff, flirt. 

 

She didn't wait for Suzy to look at her, she turned around and fished out her things and headed out at the gym to freshen up. She stayed there for almost thirty minutes, throwing away all the thoughts of Suzy.

 

Her phone beeped. Rosie checked her message and found Sana'a text that she's coming any moment. She sighed and headed her way out of the gym. But what surprised her was Suzy, standing outside the gym.

 

Why is she still here?

 

Is she waiting for someone? A date?

 

She was about to open the door when Suzy beat her. Opening the door without a word and just a serious face.

 

"Uhm.. Thanks." Rosie muttered shyly.

 

Suzy nodded, "Are you heading home?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Okay. I'll drive you home." There's something in Suzy's eyes that Rosie wasn't sure of, it's just a flicker of hope, wistful? She's not sure.

 

She bit her lower lip, "Uhm.. No need. Sana will pick me up." And Rosie saw how Suzy's jaw clenched, eyes turned cold.

 

"Okay. Let's just wait for her." Her eyes widened at the latter's words.

 

"N-no. It's okay. I don't want to bother you--"

 

"It's okay." and silence fell in the air. It was suffocating her, every time she's near Suzy. Rosie finds it hard to breathe. There's something about Suzy that made her nervous and shy. She's not that kind of girl. Roseanne taught her how to be confident, bold and flirt but it's all evaporative when the older girl is near here.

 

Not long after Sana arrived, she looked at the girl beside her. Suzy nodded, "Take care." and she turned her back to Rosie and left.

 

Rosie pouted when the girl did not wait for her response. She walked to Sana'a car and hopped in. The moment she settled on her seat, Sana pecked on her cheek.

 

"Sorry, I got stuck in a traffic jam." smiled at her. She just nodded.

 

She got used to it by now. She's always late in their meeting and making up excuses.

 

"Is that Bae Suzy?" Sana asked.

 

She averted her gaze and stared at the window. "Yes." she curtly said. That's it, no more talk.

 

As the time went by, their conversation got less and less. Sana treated her cold after months of dating her. She loves Sana, that's for sure the reason why she still chose to be with her after everything, even if there's a red flag.

 

Because Sana was in love with her twin Roseanne. She brushed that idea off, because it's all in the past. She's not that kind of person who dwells on people's past. For Rosie, the past is the past. It should remain in the past.

 

Their relationship was going smooth, Sana was sweet and lovely to her but that changed everything when Sana kept on gaslighting her. Kept on asking why Roseanne dumped her. Why is it so important to know the reason? Why can't we leave it that way? Because Rosie accepted her without dwelling on her past lover. But why can't Sana do that too? 

 

For the past weeks everything became toxic. She's drowning herself in this toxic relationship. And Rosie knows this isn't what deserves but God. She loves her that's why she's still willing to put more effort to fix everything. 

 

-

 

"Roseanne, can you drop me off to Sana's practice?" Rosie asked her twin, she wants to surprise her girlfriend for their anniversary. And yes, Rosie was still in the relationship even if she knew how Roseanne did not approve it. 

 

"I really hate it when you're putting more effort in that relationship." Roseanne scoffs. 

 

"Aren't you like that with Irene Unnie?" She teased trying to avoid the topic. She doesn't want to have a fight with her twin. Lately, Roseanne was so grumpy whenever she heard something about Sana. 

 

"That's different." Roseanne huffs and goes to her car. 

 

"We'll buy cake first and you can drop me off after." Roseanne asked. 

 

Rosie bid her twin a goodbye after she dropped her off. She greeted the guard with a smile. Walking her way to the practice room, she could see the door open as she got near. Her step halted when she heard the people inside the practice room talking. 

 

"I'm surprised you are still with Rosie until now. Have you moved on from her twin?" Rosie wished for Sana to deny it but her world crashed. 

 

"It's hard to get over her, and especially when she dumped me for unknown reasons." She heard Sana answer. 

 

"But girl, what about Rosie?"

 

"She's okay, I'm getting used to it. At least I can always pretend that I have Roseanne with me, they're twins after all." Rosie felt her world crashing down, the pain was too much to handle. She bolted out, running away from them. 

 

 

She felt her tears streaming down her cheeks. It hurts her so much. She doesn't deserve this pain. She doesn't deserve to be an option. 

 

After all the efforts, love she gave in the end it wasn't enough. She wasn't enough. 

 

The guard asked her if she's okay, she just uttered a broken yes and gave the cake to them and left the place. 

 

She went home, drowned herself in sorrow. 

 

Why can't Sana accept that Roseanne wasn't in love with her? Why is she obsessed with knowing the reason? Why can't she move on from the past? 

 

Rosie cried and cried for hours until she felt numb. 

 

She hates how she's vulnerable right now. This is not the Rosie Park, the confidence, wild and free that everyone knows. Damn! 

 

All she left was her ego, and Sana doesn't deserve her tears or her love. You better put yourself together, Rosie. She scolded herself. 

 

She fixed herself and decided to go to the gym earlier than her usual schedule. 

 

It's been five hours and Rosie was still in the gym. Sitting at the stairs, she sighed deeply. She's ignoring the ringing of her phone. She's exhausted. Exhausted from everything. 

 

She heard faint footsteps, she frowned when a pair of shoes stopped in front of her. 

 

"Why are you still here?" The cold feral voice said to her, she was stunned as she recognized the owner of that voice. She slowly lifted her head, the strong expression of Suzy greeted her. She looks annoyed, pissed. 

 

She averted her gaze when she realized that she can't handle the strong gaze of the older girl. "Why are you here?" she questioned back. 

 

"I'm asking you, Rosie. Why are you still here? Your schedule was done two hours ago." 

 

"I don't want to go home." she muttered lowly. 

 

Suzy crouched down, lifting her chin, she avoided her eyes. "Look at me, Rosie." she put all of her confidence and looked at the girl's eyes, and saw the worry in those strong brown eyes. "Is everything okay? Are you okay, Rosie?" Suzy asked softly, hearing the softness of her voice Rosie's tears falls instantly.

 

She doesn't know why she let herself cry in front of Suzy. It's so embarrassing. 

 

She felt the soft caress of Suzy's finger, wiping her tears. Her touches felt like feathers, soft and careful but Rosie can see how her touch was different from her expression. The jaw clenched tightly and her eyes screaming hate and anger for a moment. She's sure that it wasn't direct from her. 

 

It took her some minutes before she calmed down and Rosie realized how embarrassing it was. She pulled back a bit from Suzy. 

 

"." 

 

"Language, Park." Suzy reprimanded her firmly. 

 

Rosie frowned. 

 

"Let's go, I'll drive you home." Suzy said, offering her hand to her. Rosie baffled.

 

"Huh?" 

 

"I'll drive you home, Rosie. I won't accept no this time." Rosie pouted when she heard how firm was Suzy's voice. Like she can't deny her this time. And Rosie did not reject her this time as she feeling exhausted already and a small part of can't say no to Suzy not when she's looking at her with wistful. She slowly put her hand on top of Suzy's and slowly getting up. And she saw Suzy tilt her head to side, ears turning a bit red. 

 

As she stood she pulled her hand from her. Feeling weird when she no longer felt the warm feeling. And the frown is evident to Suzy when she pulls away. No one speaks when they're walking to her car. And she saw a silver BMW i8. This is the first time she saw driving this car, mostly she's driving with her Mercedes Benz. She wonders how many cars Suzy owned, she won't be surprised if she owned a couple of cars because Bae's are richer than richest. 

 

They settled themselves inside of Suzy's car. Put her seatbelt on. Her eyes roamed around. Searching for Suzy's bodyguard because the girl always has one or two with her everytime Rosie sees her. 

 

"Where's your bodyguard Suzy U-unnie?" Rosie bites the inside of her cheek, it felt awkward uttering the word Unnie because she wasn't confident if it's okay to call her that even if she gave us permission to call her that one time when she introduced herself to us as the cousin of Irene Unnie. 

 

She saw how Suzy lips pouted. And it's a sight for Rosie. The intimidating and serious Suzy was pouting to her. Wow. 

 

"They're just there somewhere." Rosie nodded. 

 

Again silence fell into the air. It's not awkward this time. And for the first time today she breathed freely. She watched the car passing by. Her silence was ruined by her phone ringing, she fished it out only to see Santa calling her, she slid the decline button and turned her phone off. She felt the heaviness of Suzy's stare at her but she ignored it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter