gyuri, close your eyes

gyuri the insomniac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Toss.

Toss.

Toss.

Turn.

“Unnie, will you just please, for the love of God, PLEASE, go to sleep? I’m so close to puking with all the shaking.” Jiheon whines sleepily from over Gyuri, banging her fists on her mattress to get the attention of the older.

“Sorry, Jiheon. I just can’t sleep.” Gyuri apologizes, pulling herself up and staring at the black blanket hanging just outside her bunk, a makeshift shield whenever the lights turn on inside their room (there are tendencies where the noisy girls just barge inside the room and dances to nonexistent music while playing with the light switch – yes they still do it – tendencies that remind Gyuri of the times when it was still Jisun she was living with that still keeps putting a smile on her face whenever she remembers).

She blinks her eyes and pats her side for the zipper of her mosquito net, slipping out of her bed and the room quietly, not wanting to disturb the maknae since she still has classes tomorrow.

Gyuri sighs when she finds herself in the dark living room, feeling her way towards the couch, smiling a bit when she hears hushed voices from the Noisy Girls’ room. For a while, Gyuri contemplates whether to hang out with the girls or just keep herself quiet in the living room. In the end, Gyuri chooses to stay on the couch, not because she doesn’t want to join the girls, but because she thinks she can’t handle their unbeatable happy energy that until now she doesn’t know where they get, especially Jiwon who has the tiniest body in all Fromis_9 but has the most never-ending energy.

She settles on the couch, laying her head on the backrest of the couch while she puts most of the couch pillows between her arms and legs, getting herself in a comfy position in case it helps her fall asleep.

Jiwon, who suddenly felt the need to use the bathroom while talking to the two sleepy girls inside their room, opens the door quietly, not wanting to wake up her other sleeping members, but she fails when her screams reverberate through the whole dorm after seeing half of Gyuri’s head poking from the couch, scaring the out of Gyuri who’s now sitting up, and her roommates, one confused and one irritated.

“Ah, Jiwon unnie, I told you already that Babadook doesn’t exist so you don’t have to fear the dark.” Chaeyoung groans from her bunk, covering her face with her pillow as if it would save her from Park Jiwon’s ungodly vocals.

“It’s not that, someone’s sitting there on the couch.” Jiwon says, frozen just by the doorway. Gyuri turns when she realizes that she’s the one Jiwon was talking about, facing the girl who screams once more when the person on the couch turns to look at her. She rushes inside and jumps on Hayoung on her bed, the second oldest also screaming because of pain.

“Ah, Jiwon unnie, Hayoung unnie, stop screaming!” Chaeyoung screams from the top bunk, looking in the direction of Hayoung’s bed.

“Jiwon jumped on me.” Hayoung groans from her bed, pushing Jiwon off of her. Jiwon starts thrashing around, putting herself under the blankets for false safety. “There’s someone in the living room and they saw me!”

“Who even i---” Chaeyoung sits up and turns towards the opened door to see someone standing by it. She also screams (sometimes her pitch gets a bit higher than Jiwon’s), and throws one of her plushies towards the person. Gyuri stumbles back and lands on her when the plushie hits her square on the face, and she wonders a bit if Chaeyoung had told her if she was a sports player before she became an idol.

Was she a baseball player before?

Something clicks from behind her and then she sees lights before her.

“Gyuri? What are you doing on the floor?” At the mention of gaejookie, Jiwon runs from Hayoung’s bed to their light switch, turning it on to indeed see Gyuri on the floor, looking at them with a confused look.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter