Chapter 1

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened?”

 

“Did the plan fail?”

 

“What are we going to do with him?”

 

“How did he survive?”

 

“Someone helped him..”

 

“Then.. should we just kill him?”

 

 

 

 

 

V was awake and could hear everyone.

 

Did he fall asleep on the set? Are they filming right now? Why do their voices sound unfamiliar to his ears? Are they some extras? New actors maybe? He ought to tell them to improve their accent! They sound really weird.. but.. he has to admit that he could feel their emotions in their words.

 

Oh wait.. maybe.. this is a dream.. he often dreams about his dramas when he’s too immersed into his character..

 

Could it be really a dream? Of course.. it is.. 

 

There’s no way this would be real.. 

 

This is a dream.. that’s sure..

 

But it wasn’t..

 

What happened to him? What is going on now? How did all of this happen? How is this even possible?

 

He was just filming his fighting scenes this morning.. he even learned to use swords for a whole month to make the perfect scenes..

 

He was just talking to Irene after booking a whole restaurant where he would propose to her that day..

 

He was still being happy about everything in his life.. it was peaceful.. it was perfect..

 

But how did he end up here?

 

Just what happened to him?

 

 

 

 

*That morning*

 

 

 

 

“Why did we stop here?” asked V confused.

 

He was listening to the radio hosted by Irene when Jin, his manager stopped the van.

 

He looked outside. It was snowing. 

 

“Why did it start snowing all of a sudden? I’m sure it was supposed to be sunny the whole week..” said Jin looking around them. “This is a headache..”

 

It surely is a headache.

 

Snow means traffic. And even accidents.

 

Jin parked the car on the side of the road to get something from the convenience store.

 

“Don’t take more than five minutes hyung.. my Irene will wait for me at the restaurant.. you know it’s my day today..” said V before closing his eyes again.

 

Jin smiled before opening the door.

 

“I’ll be back right away.. don’t worry..”

 

V nodded his head while keeping his eyes closed.

 

Hearing Irene’s voice like this takes his stress away.. it’s soothing him.. healing him..

 

He was smiling to himself just thinking about the surprise he has for her..

 

They have been dating for five years already.. and he is sure she’s the one for him.. no one else can change his mind right now..

 

He can’t wait to get married and start a family with her..

 

 

 

“Have you ever made a wish on a shooting star?” Irene asked to the listeners.

 

 

 

V smiled. Why is her voice so beautiful? Everyone listening right now must be also in love with her voice..

 

 

 

“Before making one.. you should first believe that it can come true..”

 

 

 

V nodded his head in agreement. Even the words she uses are beautiful..

 

 

Then suddenly he heard the blast of a car horn.

 

He put his airpods down as his eyes sharpened. He was having a really good time listening to his love.. who is that stupid driver making all this noise?

 

He noticed it was the car on the other side of the road. What the hell is wrong with him? 

 

He rolled down the windows to see what’s happening outside.

 

It was still snowing pretty hard. That ignorant driver looked furious at someone.

 

V followed his gaze.

 

There was a woman in the middle of the road. She looked weird. She was just standing there while looking around her.

 

Does she want to get herself killed? Is she insane?

 

He rolled up the window again before putting on the airpods to continue listening to the radio.

 

He doesn’t need to involve himself with other people’s business. He doesn’t care about them. He doesn’t want to even think about them. It’s useless.. pointless..

 

He took something out of his pocket.

 

“Finally..” he whispered to himself as a smile formed in his lips.

 

It is the ring he is going to give Irene later.

 

Finally it’s happening to him.. to them..

 

It took a year for his company to agree on this marriage. It was quite difficult but.. he was able to convince them at last..

 

He put it back inside his pocket and leaned his head back on his seat.

 

He was closing his eyes when he heard another loud noise. It seemed like there was an accident..

 

He opened his eyes again and when  he looked outside, he saw there was another car coming his way..

 

It felt like it was in a slow motion.. but in reality.. it was coming fast..

 

And in a blink of an eye.. it hit his van.. destroying it completely..

 

 

 

 

 

“The greatest weapon we humans have is.. our desire.. when we truly wish for something to happen.. we do everything.. anything.. to achieve it..”

 

 

 

Those were the last words he heard from Irene through the radio..

 

 

“Please.. I.. want.. to.. live..” his voice was barely a whisper.

 

 

And he lost consciousness.

 

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

 

“Where were you last night?” asked Yeri.

 

Jisoo avoided her gaze.

 

“I’ll tell your father that you went somewhere alone if you-..”

 

Jisoo covered .

 

Yeri is her most trusted servant. She has been by her side all her life and she knows everything she does.

 

Jisoo knows she’s only doing her job to protect her but she herself sometimes puts her in danger by telling her father everything she does.

 

“I took a walk in the forest..” she replied in a low voice.

 

Yeri’s eyes widened.

 

“Alone? In the middle of the night?” she asked worried. “You know you can’t go anywhere alone..”

 

Jisoo lowered her head.

 

“But-..”

 

“Your wedding is tomorrow.. nothing can happen to you.. Jisoo unnie..”

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh.

 

“What’s with that sigh? Did.. something happen?” asked Yeri.

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“Nothing.. it’s just.. I can’t believe I’m going to get married tomorrow with someone I have never met..”

 

Yeri held her hands.

 

“You’re doing this for our land to be reunited unnie..” she said smiling. “You said it yourself..”

 

Jisoo looked at her.

 

“Perhaps.. unnie.. is there someone you like already? Is that the reason you look sad?”

 

Jisoo’s cheeks became red.

 

Someone.. she likes? Does it count even if she doesn’t know that someone’s name?

 

She met him once in the forest near the biggest sequoia that divides the two lands.

 

And last night.. she went out to take a walk there in hope to see him again..

 

W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter