End

A Day

Yesung took a deep breath while staring at the door in front of him. It had been a while since the last time he visited their dorm. His boyfriend had been very busy as of late so he had no reason to come here, but he had one now. He looked at his phone and read the message again.

 

 

TMR is my birthday. Can you come to the dorm tonight?

 

—Your handsome husband ;)

 

p.s. Eunhyuk hyung is at Donghae hyung's place so it's just us!

 

 

"Maybe I should have brought a hot water bag with me…"

 

Sighing, Yesung stepped into the dorm while preparing himself for an undoubtedly sleepless night.

.

.

.

.

"Just promise that you'll be gentle with— Kyu?"

 

There was no sight of his boyfriend in the dorm. Actually, the place was very dark and quiet as if no one was at home. He the living room light and called again, but still no answer. He searched through the place but still found no trace of the maknae. He did find a post-it note on a dressing mirror in Kyuhyun's bedroom though. The note said that his boyfriend would come home late and asked Yesung to wait for him. Somehow Kyuhyun suspected in advance that his work would be delayed and wrote a note for him. Shrugging casually, Yesung moved to the living room and watched tv to kill time. He didn't have any schedule tomorrow so he didn't mind some waiting.

 

 

Most importantly, they rarely had free time that happened to fall on the same day so he wouldn't exchange this chance with anything.

 

******************************

 

"Sigh… I'm home…"

 

Yesung got up from the sofa after hearing the door open. He moved to the hallway and saw Kyuhyun taking off his shoes, probably just coming back. He smiled and happily greeted his boyfriend.

 

"Welcome home, Kyu."

 

The Super Junior's maknae looked up and his expression lightened up immediately.

 

"I'm back, hyung."

 

The couple exchanged a small kiss. After that, Yesung helped his boyfriend take off his coat and hung it by the door. Both men then headed to the living room together. Kyuhyun slumped down on the sofa with a tired groan while Yesung headed to the kitchen. The older man came back with a glass of water and handed it to the younger man. Thanking his boyfriend, Kyuhyun took a sip of the cool water to chase away exhaustion.

 

"Rough day?"

"Yeah, something came up so everything was delayed."

"Have you eaten dinner yet?"

"Nope, I did have some snacks before though."

"Let's order some takeout then. Your choice, Kyu."

"Let's have Chinese food tonight!"

"Alright, I'll order your favorites. You go take a shower and change into something more comfy."

"Hyung…" Kyuhyun looked at the older man with great reverence, "you really are my angel!"

"Sweet talk won't get you anywhere, just go already."

 

Despite his heartless words, Yesung was actually blushing from joy. Kyuhyun cooed and stole a quick kiss at that soft cheek, before running away while laughing at his lover's even redder face.

 

"Jeez… We're in our thirties now but he still acts like a kid…"

 

Yesung complained though he couldn't stop the corner of his mouth from rising.

.

.

.

An hour later…

 

 

"Did you see that? Your husband is super handsome, right?"

"More like super full of himself."

"I can't help it. I'm near perfect, after all."

 

Yesung snorted at his boyfriend's silly boasting. They were watching a music show that featured Kyuhyun and the younger man couldn't stop pointing out how good looking he was. As a good boyfriend he was, Yesung didn't miss a chance to shoot Kyuhyun down whenever he started to sprout nonsense. That didn't discourage the Super Junior's maknae though. If anything, the maknae's praise for himself only got more ridiculous and exaggerated. In the end, Yesung couldn't help but jab his boyfriend a bit.

 

"My God Kyu, you're just too unbelievable. You're lucky that I really love you."

"That I agree with," Kyuhyun smiled softly at the older man, "I'm lucky to have met you and fallen for you, even luckier when you reciprocated my feeling."

 

Yesung almost choked on the meal. He didn't expect his lover to suddenly change from cringy to chummy. Heat spread over his face and he knew all too well that the spicy stir-fried chicken had nothing to do with it, and his smart- boyfriend also knew it too. He could easily imagine Kyuhyun's smug smirk even though he hadn't looked up. Sure enough, the younger man hooked his arm loosely around his waist and whispered teasingly to him.

 

"Hyung, did you know that you're really cute getting flustered whenever I'm being honest with my feelings for you?"

"Shut up."

"I know, I love you too."

 

Yesung huffed and lightly shoved the maknae away. Kyuhyun chuckled amusedly and returned to his meal. Both men then kept watching the tv with Kyuhyun occasionally making a comment and Yesung humming in response. Time passed serenely. A minute hand of the wall clock above the tv slowly moved forward while the couple snuggled closer on the sofa. By the time both hands landed precisely at twelve, Yesung already had his head on Kyuhyun's chest while Kyuhyun put his arm around Yesung intimately. The grey-haired man glanced up from the brown-haired man's arm and smiled.

 

"Happy birthday Kkru! Take care of yourself, brat, my life would be incomplete without you."

"Thank you. Yesung hyung, my life wouldn't be the same without you too."

 

The couple leaned in until their lips met. Kyuhyun gently held the older man's face while Yesung's small hand lightly gripped the younger man's nape. Their lips danced against one another in perfect harmony and pure affection. The kiss was simply sweet and innocent, no trace of lust, just two people finding out that they fell harder and deeper for each other each ticking second. Both men broke the kiss with genuine happiness reflecting in their eyes, along with the reflection of their loved one. They kept staring at each other, losing in the depthless love they found in their partner's eyes. It was only when they heard a notification sound that the couple slowly moved away, but not before Kyuhyun stole another quick peck on Yesung's lips. Picking his phone up from the table, the talented maknae grinned brightly as he saw the notifications. He happily checked them out while his lover leaned on his shoulder to look too.

 

"Look, hyung, it's a happy birthday message from our members! Let's see… Heechul hyung… ha, he knew that you're here with me! Teuk hyung… Koongie photos? Well, it's cute, if anything. Shindong hyung starts to sound more and more like a real businessman! And of course, Eunhyuk hyung and his infamous voucher. Donghae hyung said the four of us, including Eunhyuk hyung, should hang out more. Siwon hyung… pfft, it almost feels like he just gave me a sermon! Ryeowook said he made another cover of my song. He really is dedicated, isn’t he?”

 

Yesung pointed at the next messages.

 

“There are some from sunbae and hoobae from other groups and celebrities too. Aren’t you popular?”

 

The slightly strained voice made Kyuhyun smirk gleefully.

 

"I know I'm too handsome to a fault but you have nothing to be worried about! I could meet a thousand damn looking-fine people at once and you're still the only one that occupies my mind."

 

Getting caught red-handed for silly jealousy, Yesung quickly changed the topic with reddened cheeks. Kyuhyun took mercy on his adorable boyfriend and stopped teasing him. The older man pointed at the younger man’s Bubble account and started to read aloud the birthday wishes from their fans. The maknae listened to his boyfriend’s charming voice with a dreamy look on his face. Eventually, Yesung realized that Kyuhyun was staring at him and blushed heavily.

 

“Look at your phone, not me!”

“Sorry, old habits die hard.”

 “Jeez, this habit of yours will expose us someday! Your teasing, too! What you said in the last episode of SuJu Return Four almost got us in trouble!”

“In my defense, Eunhyuk hyung was the one who started that, not me.”

 

Sensing his lover’s distress, Kyuhyun held the older man tighter and pressed a firm kiss on the older man’s head.

 

“Everything will be fine, hyung. We have great friends and family by our side. They won't let anything happen to us, I won't let anything happen to us."

"I know… It's just, I can't help being anxious…"

"You treasure our relationship so much. That's why you're feeling that way. I know because I'm anxious too."

"Really? You always seem like you have everything under control so that's a bit surprising."

"Of course I'm anxious!" Kyuhyun started to act dramatically. "I'm anxious because it's getting harder and harder to look at your lips and your thighs and not think of dirty—"

"You brat!"

 

Yesung lightly pulled Kyuhyun's ear but the maknae acted so exaggeratedly as if he was murdered. Eventually, Yesung couldn't help it and laugh out loud at the younger man's over the top acting. His laughter made the younger man's smile widen and his gaze soften. So, Yesung immediately realized that Kyuhyun intentionally said that to distract him. The older man sighed and snuggled into his lover's chest.

 

"Can't you relieve my anxiety with something else other than teasing?"

"It's very effective, right?"

 

Yesung refused to admit it but he snuggled even closer to his boyfriend. Kyuhyun chuckled fondly and took his phone back. Then, he started to read all the birthday wishes from their fans while softly rubbing the older man's back. Yesung stifled a yawn. His boyfriend's steady heartbeat, comfortable warmth, calming voice, and gentle touch, all lured him into a peaceful sleep. Stifling another yawn, Yesung decided to take a short nap while hugging Kyuhyun firmer…

.

.

.

"—hyung, Yesung hyung, wake up."

 

 

Yesung whined, trying to ignore a honey-like voice by his ear. The whisper became a soft chuckle, then something warm made contact with his cheek before pulling away.

 

"Yesung hyung, wake up and let's go to my room. Both of us will get a cramp in the morning if we still stay like this."

 

He whined one more time before untangling himself from his lover. Although he straightened up to sit, he didn't bother to open his eyes and just let his boyfriend pull him to his feet. With his eyes still closed, Yesung threw himself at the maknae and hugged him. Chuckling quietly, Kyuhyun put his arms under soft buttocks and carefully carried the older man up, making his way to the bedroom. The maknae laid his boyfriend on the bed with utmost care before slumping down beside him. Yesung turned to lie on his side and instinctively reached out to the younger man. Kyuhyun did the same and soon he had his most beloved person in his arms, trying to find a comfy position.

 

"Aren't we going to brush our teeth before sleeping?"

 

Yesung murmured sleepily after finding the perfect spot on the maknae's broad chest to lean on.

 

"What a way to ruin the mood, hyung!"

 

Kyuhyun complained half-heartedly while patting his boyfriend's soft hair.

 

"I can take you to the bathroom if you want, hyung."

"Forget it. Let's do that in the morning instead."

"Donghae hyung will definitely go bat crazy if he finds out."

"Then don't let him know. He might increase his teeth brushing routine from once an hour to once every minute."

 

The younger man laughed heartily at the older man's (not so far-fetched) sarcasm. After his laughter died down, Kyuhyun kissed the top of the messy grey head and whispered softly against it.

 

"Good night, Yesung hyung, sleep well and dream of your handsome husband."

"It won't be a good dream anymore then."

 

Despite his words, Yesung actually nodded in the maknae's arms and hugged him tighter. So, Kyuhyun decided to let his sassy wife off the hook this time, just this time, he swore!

 

 

Both men yawned and let sleep take them to the dreamland while basking in the warmth that they shared.

 

*********************************

 

Kyuhyun woke up lying on his back feeling fresh and new. He stretched his body and groaned softly at the sound his bones made. He suddenly felt a strong presence beside him. He turned to lie on his side and almost got a heart attack when he came to meet his boyfriend's freaky still black eyes.

 

"Good morning, Kyu, although it's almost noon now."

"G'morning, hyung, jeez, you scared me for a second…"

"I woke up way earlier than you and had nothing better to do than staring at your adorable sleeping face. Oh, you were snoring and drooling too, if you want to know."

 

Yesung said with a straight face while touching his boyfriend's philtrum.

 

"I know I'm still looking great doing that. Most importantly, you said that you woke up early? Hyung, did you have trouble sleeping again?"

"No, I actually have the best sleep that I haven't had in a long while. In fact, I woke up really late compared to my usual time. It's just that you wake up even later than me."

"Then why don't you wake me up? You must be boring as hell!"

"Only monsters can do that. Kyu, you sleepyhead, you looked really tired so I let you sleep more."

 

Yesung giggled as he brushed his thumb on a drool strain at the corner of Kyuhyun's lips, before wiping it off on the maknae's shirt. Kyuhyun hummed in his throat while his boyfriend's cheek. His gaze strayed to a pair of pale red lips by default but he quickly decided against it.

 

"Yesung hyung, I want to kiss you so badly but let's brush our teeth first."

"Good idea. I'm starting to feel hungry too."

"I'll cook something for you after that."

 

Kyuhyun said and kissed the older man's forehead. Yesung hummed in agreement and returned the kiss on the younger man's forehead. The couple smiled happily at each other before getting up. They left the bed and headed to the bathroom together, hand in hand.

.

.

.

.

Yesung and Kyuhyun stood together in front of a sink brushing their teeth. The older man looked at their reflections in the mirror and snorted. He spat some toothpaste foam into the sink before speaking up teasingly.

 

"Kyu, your bedhead is really on another level! Who would have thought that the ever-so-perfect Cho Kyuhyun actually looks like a mess in the morning!"

 

Kyuhyun groaned in obvious annoyance but didn't say anything back. The maknae kept brushing teeth quietly and soon rinsed his mouth. Yesung who thought that he won this round went back to brushing teeth smugly, only to get splashed by the cool water on his face.

 

"Kyu! What are you doing!"

"Get revenge, of course."

 

Kyuhyun replied in a sing-song tone and flicked his fingers, sending more droplets of water at the older man. Yesung glared daggers at his childish boyfriend. Rinsing his mouth was proven to be a great challenge with Kyuhyun constantly splashing the tap water at him, but he still overcame it all.

 

"Now it's my turn! Prepare your—"

 

Before he got to exact his revenge, Kyuhyun caught his wrist and pulled him into his chest. The cheeky maknae then seized the chance he was gasping from surprise to seal their lips together and slide his tongue in. The fresh taste of mint and playful tongue that rubbed every corner of his mouth made Yesung completely wide awake. They cruelly left him before his mind got to register what happened and left him dazed. The Super Junior's main vocalist only snapped out of his trance when he heard the brat laughing heartily. He glared as if he wanted to literally stab the younger man while pouting.

 

"You catch me off guard again! Just you wait and see, Kyu, one day I'll do the same and you'll be so lost that you can't find your way back home!"

"I can always find a way back to you because you're my home."

"Wha— you!!?"

"Hyung, you're free to try, of course, but I can't guarantee that it won't backfire~"

 

Before his adorable flustered boyfriend got to curse at him, Kyuhyun quickly sealed Yesung's soft lips again before running away while laughing loudly, leaving Yesung alone in the bathroom with a hammering heart.

 

**********************************

 

By the time they left the bathroom, it was exactly noon now. They were too hungry so Kyuhyun made something easy— fried rice and reheated kimchi soup. Both of them ate their lunch quietly, simply enjoying the company of their lover. Once they were done, they agreed to split the chore: Yesung washed the dishes while Kyuhyun dried it. At first, the task went on peacefully with both men humming in sync. Halfway through it, Kyuhyun started to get bored and decided to prank his hyung.

 

"AH!!"

 

Yesung accidentally moaned when a puff of warm air was blown into his ear. His hands slipped and the plate he was holding dropped into the sink. Luckily, the plate didn't break. The older man turned to glare at his boyfriend who still had the nerve to laugh at him. Yesung abandoned the rest of the unwashed dishes and washed his hands instead, ready to murder his boyfriend with his own hands.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun! Die!!!"

"Catch me if you can, hyung!"

 

Kyuhyun laughed as he skillfully dodged a hit. He outsmarted the older man by running around the table and used it as a shield to stay away from his angry boyfriend. No matter what Yesung did, he couldn't get his hand on the annoying maknae. Still, he kept running after the taller man relentlessly while cursing non-stop.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun! Stop—"

 

Yesung didn't expect the younger man to suddenly stop and turn around. So, he ran straight into his boyfriend's chest. The younger man hugged him tightly which also prevented Yesung from pulling Kyuhyun's ear to punish him.

 

"Kyu! Let me go!"

"I love you, Yesung hyung."

 

Three words. Just three words and Yesung's anger was immediately deflated like a burst balloon. Despite his grumble, Yesung stopped struggling and hugged his boyfriend back. He snuggled against the crook of Kyuhyun's neck and whined quietly. 

 

"That's not fair, Kyu, you teased me then said that you love me when I wanted to get my revenge! How could I hit you after you said that!!?"

"I'm sorry hyung. I love you too much so I can't help wanting to tease you. You're too cute getting worked up over my prank."

 

Kyuhyun apologized (not so sincerely) and kissed the older man's temple. Even if he wanted to stay angry, Yesung loved Kyuhyun too much so he couldn't bring himself to do it. Though that didn't mean that he would let the brat off the hook that easily.

 

"I forgive but never forget so I won't help you clean after dinner!"

"Punishment acknowledged."

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and gladly accepted his sentence. Both men then basked in their partner's warm embrace for a while, before stepping away and going back to finish washing the dishes.

 

**************************************

 

They moved to the living room and watched tv together after lunch. At first, Yesung wanted to watch a movie but Kyuhyun whined that he wanted to watch a documentary. Being a benevolent soul he was, he gave up the remote control to the younger man and settled down to watch a documentary about emperor penguins at the South Pole. Although Yesung did love animals, he wasn't a die-hard fan of penguins so he watched it with only mild curiosity. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, was very focused on the documentary to the point that his eyes refused to leave the screen. For once, the Super Junior's maknae actually ignored his boyfriend whom he oh-so loved. Yesung was both amused and slightly annoyed at the lack of Kyuhyun's attention, something that he wasn't used to and never wanted to get used to. Despite knowing how silly and childish it was, he couldn't stop the words slipping from his lips.

 

"Be careful, Kyu, watch too many penguin documentaries and it might affect you. Actually, you're starting to look like an emperor penguin now, in terms of roundness, I mean."

 

His silly insult was very effective. Kyuhyun immediately stopped looking at the tv and turned to him with a pout. However, that adorable pout instantly became a devious smirk within a split second. Before Yesung got to run away, he was pulled to sit on the maknae's lap in one smooth motion. Kyuhyun hooked his arms around his boyfriend's slim waist and held him dearly.

 

"At least this chubby penguin is strong enough to you while carrying you on my waist."

 

Kyuhyun finished his sentence with a soft bite at the older man's white nape. Yesung turned deep red from both the embarrassing memories and his boyfriend's teasing touch. A shiver ran down his spine and he let out a quiet mewl when Kyuhyun dragged his warm lips upwards. Then, he moaned when the maknae bit his earlobe and it lightly.

 

"Want me to show how it's done again?"

 

A deep baritone voice whispered by his ear. At the same time, a large hand started to wander playfully around his waistband. Yesung immediately knew that he must stop Kyuhyun before he was doomed. He knew about his boyfriend's infamous libido all too well. It was still in broad daylight. If they had now, it would definitely get dragged on to nighttime. No doubt that he would lose his mind and his control over his body to the brat who had an overstimulation kink! He loved having with Kyuhyun but prolonged with the maknae was another different thing!

 

"N-No! You don't have to prove anything! Emperor penguins are cool and I like them! Not as much as I love you, of course! I love you just the way you are and you're really handsome and—"

"Calm down, Yesung hyung."

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and loosened his hold around the older man. His kisses also changed drastically from lustful to loving. The Super Junior's maknae kept kissing his hyung's chubby cheeks to reassure him that nothing would happen (for now, at least). After about a tenth kiss or so in, Yesung finally relaxed and leaned on his boyfriend, happily indulging himself in Kyuhyun's full attention.

 

"The next time," Kyuhyun suddenly spoke up with a light chuckle, "if you want my attention, just say it, no need to insult me or my cool penguins. I'm always yours and forever yours, Yesung hyung."

 

Yesung was too embarrassed to reply. Of course, his silly jealousy would never escape his all-knowing boyfriend's keen observation. Although he felt so embarrassed that he wanted to bite his tongue and die, the Super Junior's main vocalist admitted that he really loved having the maknae's attention all to himself. And he wanted more.

 

"...Then I demand that all your attention be mine."

 

Yesung murmured while tugging Kyuhyun's arms, hinting the maknae to tighten the hold around himself. Kyuhyun snorted but gladly obeyed his lover. He held the smaller man firmer and rested his chin on the small shoulder.

 

"You're acting so spoiled today, hyung. Whose birthday is it again?"

"Shut up. I only act like this just because today is your birthday. I won't be this lovey-dovey every day so you should enjoy it while it lasts!"

"Of course, of course!"

 

Looking at the reddened ear, Kyuhyun immediately knew that his boyfriend was lying. Yesung hyung's lovey-dovey actions had nothing to do with his birthday and today definitely wouldn't be the last time the older man demanded it. Even so, the wise maknae kept quiet. He simply enjoyed the rest of the documentary with his dearest Yesung hyung in his arms, who, completely dropping his lightweight on the younger man and counting Kyuhyun's heartbeat with a serene expression.

 

***********************************

 

After the documentary ended, the couple couldn’t think of what to do next and just sprawled on the sofa. All of sudden, Kyuhyun gently lifted the older man off of his lap and stood up. The maknae grinned at his boyfriend with a determined expression.

 

"Let's take a look at our old albums!"

"I'm fine with that but why the sudden reminiscing?"

"We're getting old. Don't you think that we should do something that matches our ages?"

"Who's getting old? I'm still a kid at heart!"

 

Yesung stuck his tongue out at the younger man but obediently took the offered hand. They moved to sit in front of a wooden cabinet under the tv and started to take their old albums out. During that, they played a game to see who can sort the albums in the correct order. The match ended with a draw for the main album order. But when it came to mini albums, repackages, and units, Yesung and his good memory managed to defeat the maknae. Kyuhyun who hated losing decided to throw the game by changing the topic to something else. He picked up the black album with seven members standing behind the word "PLAY" and glared at it.

 

"I'm still salty that E.L.F. 's most favorite album is the one I didn't participate in."

"Aww, my poor baby Kkru! Our E.L.F. didn't mean that they like your absence. They just love the album design and the title song! Don't you see that the album sales increased significantly after you and Wookie came back in Time Slip?"

 

Yesung giggled and Kyuhyun's philtrum to cheer the maknae up. Then, his smile slightly faltered when his eyes fell on one particular album— Mamacita. He picked it up and touched the leather brown-colored cover with a longing gaze.

 

"I can't believe that I missed out on one of our group's greatest eras… I even missed two Super Shows…"

 

His fingers curled around the cover into a tight grip.

 

"I've always doubted that my absence might actually be better for you guys. I mean, ever since my discharge, we've never—"

"No, you're important to us all."

 

Kyuhyun wouldn't let his boyfriend finish his self-loathing accusation. He gently peeled the album off of the older man's cold hands and held them in his own instead. Lightly squeezing the smaller hands, the maknae looked into his hyung's wavering dark eyes and smiled genuinely.

 

"You're also a part of Super Junior pretty much like the members so don't say something like that. We need you. Our songs need your voice. I need you, Yesung hyung."

"Kyu…"

 

Yesung stared back into a pair of beautiful warm brown eyes— sincere eyes that slowly chased away any doubt in his heart. Taking a deep breath, Yesung smiled back at the younger man.

 

"Thank you, Kyu, I know I've told you many times already but I still want to say it again; your Grey Paper stage at Super Show Five really helped me cope with sadness. Your constant and poor imitation of me also made me realize that E.L.F. missed me as much as I missed them."

"It's the least I can do for you, Yesung hyung, the person whom I treasure the most."

 

Kyuhyun whispered before planting an affectionate kiss on the older man's forehead. Yesung beamed shyly. He felt that his cheeks slowly got hotter but he couldn't deny that he liked the kiss very much. To save himself from imploding due to excessive happiness, the older man pulled his hands out and looked for something else to discuss. His eyes caught their fifth album and he smirked. He picked up the "Mr. Simple" album and showed it to Kyuhyun.

 

"To this day, I still don't know what was going on in our minds at that time to agree to wear these weird outfits, especially Siwon!"

"Ha, I was just happy that I didn't have to wear that stupid neon green shorts or cut my hair into a ridiculous style like Eunhyuk hyung."

"I know right. We're lucky that our outfits leaned on the normal side!"

 

Yesung laughed while carefully placing the album on the floor. Then, he asked the maknae.

 

"What about you, Kyu? Do you have any albums with memories that you can't seem to forget?"

"Hmm… I don't have one in particular, unless you count PLAY, of course."

 

Kyuhyun said bitterly after glaring at their eighth album.

 

"But I do have a song that has a special place in my heart, here."

 

The Super Junior's maknae picked up their fourth album and smiled at it fondly.

 

"Bonamana? Why— oh, is the song "Your Eyes"? Our first duet?"

"Yes. It's what made me realize that I'm in love with you, hyung."

"What?" Yesung frowned, "not to sound cocky but I thought you had a crush on me since your debut days? At least that's what Wookie told me."

"It's true that I had a crush on you since that long ago, but the young and inexperienced me thought that the feelings I had whenever I saw you was an admiration, not love."

 

Kyuhyun smiled softly as he recalled the fond memories.

 

"When I knew that I had a duet with you, when I saw the lyrics of the song, when I recorded it with you, when I sang it and looked at you… That was when I realized that my heart always skips a beat when you're near because I love you, not a brotherly love but love that makes me want to hold your hand and never let it go. I realized that I had fallen in love with you, Yesung hyung."

"But you didn't confess to me."

"No, I didn't."

 

Closing his eyes, Kyuhyun began to pour out all the hidden feelings he had kept.

 

"Love is scary, isn't it? It makes you fly high up in the sky one moment, then it crushes you to pieces in the next second. That was how I felt at that time. I love you and exactly because I love you, I chose not to act on it. I treasure our relationship much more than my own desire. So, I buried my love for you to myself and never dug it up, not until you confessed to me first…"

 

The maknae opened his eyes and stared at his lover.

 

"We've been dating for years now but I never ask you. Hyung, what prompts you to confess to me? If you're comfortable sharing it, of course."

"I will. I promise to show my every side to you, right?"

 

Yesung smiled as he began to share his side of their love story.

 

"Well, truth be told, my circumstance isn't that different from you. My past self also mistook my feelings for you as what hyung has for his dongsaeng. I love you and I love every moment I spend with you, but it never occurs to me that my love could be more than brotherly love. It stayed that way until I heard one of our songs…"

 

The Super Junior's main vocalist picked up the PLAY album and traced his fingers along with the cover.

 

"Remember? You recorded the song "Too Late" before leaving for the military. The first time I heard you singing the "too late" part, I couldn't breathe properly all of sudden. My chest hurt and I felt like crying. Your voice made me feel like I did something gravely wrong, that I would forever regret it if I didn't fix it. But, I didn't know what I did wrong. I kept pondering about it but the answer still eluded me."

 

Yesung suddenly snorted as he looked at one particular member on the album cover.

 

"Believe it or not, Hyukjae-ah was the one who found out about my inner turmoil and encouraged me to come up with the answer. We sat down and talked all night about my feelings for you, my worry about your career, our group's reputation, our future, and more. At first, I considered keeping it a secret but Hyukjae-ah disagreed with me. He made me imagine, he a-asked me, what if something like that accident e-ever happened again? Would I regret not confessing my love for you? That's why…"

 

Yesung looked up at Kyuhyun and smiled shyly, his cheeks heating up slightly.

 

"That's why, at that Super Show, during the song "I Do", that's why I shouted into the crowd that…"

 

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, I love you!"

 

 

The older man refused to say it but Kyuhyun still knew it all. After all, it was that cute confession that prompted him to make a move. Without those three meaningful words, he wouldn't have gathered enough courage to make a call late at night— a call that led to them laughing while crying at the same time and the beginning of their happily ever after.

 

"Yeah, so, that was what happened— Kyu? What are you doing?"

 

Yesung asked confusedly when Kyuhyun suddenly took the album from him and furiously checked it.

 

"Looking for the name of composer and producer of "Too Late", obviously! I must thank them for this wonderful chance they gave us! Without them and Eunhyuk hyung too, of course, we wouldn't be this happy now."

 

Kyuhyun replied while noting down the names on his phone. It took Yesung a while to catch up with what his boyfriend said. But once he did, he laughed out loud and leaned on the younger man's shoulder with a huge grin.

 

"Do you think they'll suspect anything if we suddenly told them that we loved their song?"

"Nah, they probably won't, probably, I think?"

"Kyu!" Yesung giggled, "you didn't sound confident at all!"

"Sigh, I think your excessive anxiety is starting to rub on me now."

"Yah!"

 

Kyuhyun skillfully dodged Yesung's weak hit with a humorous laugh. He placed the album back on the floor before craning his neck to the side and kissing the older man's forehead. Yesung huffed in annoyance but stopped cursing anyway. He snuggled closer into Kyuhyun's embrace while Kyuhyun also held his waist tighter. The couple then continued looking at their old albums in serene silence. They were checking their first K.R.Y. album when Kyuhyun's stomach growled which made Yesung burst out laughing.

 

"Are you really that hungry, huh, Kyu? It's only six in the evening now!"

 

Yesung teased his boyfriend while rubbing the younger man's stomach in circles.

 

"...If you don't stop your hand now, hyung, I'll have you as a dessert and I can't promise how much I'll have you until I'm satisfied."

 

Yesung quickly detached his hand from Kyuhyun's stomach.

 

*******************************

 

In the end, the couple agreed to order takeout for dinner since both of them didn't want to bother with cooking and cleaning. Just like yesterday, they ate their dinner while watching the tv together. But this time, they watched the programs that featured other members and commented on their performances (they especially had fun with Leeteuk hyung's programs). Before long, the hour hand on the wall clock walked past eight. Kyuhyun got a call from his manager who reminded him of tomorrow's schedules, so Yesung took it as a suitable time to leave. Kyuhyun kept whining and asked his boyfriend to stay another night but to no avail. In the end, the sad maknae could only send his hyung off in the hallway.

 

"Hyung…" Kyuhyun pouted adorably, "stay with me one more night, please?"

 

Although Yesung's resolve melted faster than an ice cream melting in summer, he still shook his head at his boyfriend.

 

"I'd love to, Kyu, but I'll be your distraction and you'll end up not getting proper rest. Don't you have a schedule early in the morning?"

"I do, but…"

"I really can't stay. Trust me, Kyu, I want to spend more time with you but…"

 

Yesung coughed awkwardly while his whole face slowly turned red.

 

"... Even though you can keep your hands to yourself all night, I, I don't think I can do the same, Kyu."

Kyuhyun smirked, "what? So you're actually as as me? You tried to run away from me many times today that I thought you're not in the mood!"

"I love you and you always know how to make me feel good, of course, I'm when I'm with you. It's just…"

 

Yesung shifted his feet nervously.

 

"...I have a feeling that you prefer things simple and casual today so I never bring up . I mean, if you really want to eat me, you probably won't suggest those stuff like watching a documentary or looking through our old albums. You have me all to yourself for the entire day but all you want to do is snuggling with me. You've worked hard, Kyu, so I want to do everything in my power to help you relax; including enjoying a day like any other couples with you."

 

Kyuhyun sighed and pulled the older man into his arms.

 

"So you've noticed?"

 

Yesung nodded against the younger man's chest while returning the hug.

 

"Yes, I mean, it's not that hard to see. I don't know why though."

"Yesung hyung…" Kyuhyun kissed the shorter man's temple, "we rarely have free time and when we do, we usually just have or do stuff to make up for the lack of it. Pretty much like you, I truly love having with you, but, sometimes I wonder how it feels to spend time together like what normal couples do— wife welcoming husband home, having dinner together while chatting about tv programs and falling asleep on each other, going to bed together and waking up with you by my side, brushing teeth and washing face together, eating breakfast and doing dishes, lounging on a sofa in the afternoon and watching tv, then eating dinner together again, stuff like that, I'm really curious how it feels."

"So… Do you like it?"

"Absolutely!"

 

Kyuhyun grinned like a fool. He slightly pulled back to gently cup the older man's face and look into the beautiful black eyes.

 

"Thank you, Yesung hyung, it's only a day, but it's definitely one of the best days I've ever had in my life!"

"If you're happy then I'm even happier. After all, today is your birthday. You deserve all the happiness you ever want."

 

Yesung grinned back. Then, he leaned in to plant a chaste kiss on Kyuhyun's lips and stepped away, though not before seductively whispering to his boyfriend.

 

"Maybe we can make up for the lack of today's exciting "activity" on Valentine's day, hm?"

"Hyung… you can't seduce me and leave me hanging like this!!"

"Gotta motivate my dear husband somehow, right?"

 

Yesung giggled and stepped further back before the maknae could pull him back. Reaching for the door handle and unlocking it, he glanced over his shoulder and waved cutely at his boyfriend.

 

"Good night and happy birthday again, Kyu. I love you to the moon and back."

"Good night, Yesung hyung! I love you to the moon and back and to the moon again!"

 

Kyuhyun kept smiling brightly while sending his boyfriend off. Even after the door was closed and he no longer heard footsteps, the Super Junior's maknae still kept his wide grin gluing on his handsome face which stuck there for the entire next week.

 

 

 

He finally understood it.

 

 

 

It really isn't about what you do for the day but rather who you spend the day with.

 

 

************************************************

Author's note: sorry for my absence! January had been very crazy for me (esp my works) so I didn't update anything. I should be less busy now (hopefully I don't end up jinx myself LMAO) so I'll go back to update weekly! I'll only update oneshot (Object of Love series) for a long while though, cuz my next chaptered kyusung fic is nowhere near finished yet xD I can give out some details though! It's gamer au and there are 5 arcs in total. As of now, I'm 8k+ in the first arc and on my way to the second arc. I plan to finish it around June but that depends on my works and my mood, so it could be earlier or later than that~  (^・ω・^ )

 

Also, there won't be any update this Sunday cuz I already posted today. So, see you again on Valentine's Day! (*´◡`​*)