Dreams might become true

Dreams might become true
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

The steps could be hear from the outside of the dance’s studio although the music was loud, the place was occupied by a girl trying to relax her body and not to think about the notice her manager said early that day, more than a notice, it was a fact. The dance moves where a little rush and unclean, her mind wasn’t connected with her body in that moment, her choreographer would be mad ather seeing her dancing like that. The reality was that her body was far away of relaxing and everybody with two eyes could see that, tense and rigid were the perfect words to describe it at the moment, her ideas were a completely mess, thinking about the notice and what cloud bring not only for her career, but with the people working with her, her thoughts and attempts of dance were interrupted by a known voice coming from the door.

“Just for curiosity, do you know what time it is?” The owner of the voice walked through the studio to shut the loud music coming from the stereos.

“The only thing I know is the pain in my body right now.” Was the answer of the girl in the studio’s center floor, breathing heavily.

“I supposed, the moves were really hard to see or understand.” Her friend dropped into her legs a bag with the logo of Fat burgers. “As the good friend I’m, I know for sure that you didn’t eat anything since this morning, so please eat that.” A little thank you was the only thing the girl in the floor said, the room stayed in silence for some minutes.

“Are you going to tell me the reason of why are you so late in this place?”  The girl saw her friend sitting in the studio’s couch, with her phone in one hands and one eyebrow raised waiting for an answer.

“This morning I received the notice that I’m starring a movie.” The girl sat in the coach stared at her with wide (and suppressive) eyes. “Wow, that’s actually wonderful Miyeon! But you here in this studio so late, tells me that something about this situation isn’t that exiting for you.”

 “It’s not like I’m not exiting or happy with the idea of appearing in a movie as the protagonist, it’s a great opportunity since the drama I did last year was amazing and this is going to be the first movie I will do and you know I really enjoy this part of my career, but it’s the idea of the story that makes me worried.” She sighed after putting a potato in . “It’s a LGTBQ+ movie, and they want me to be the starring together with a rookie actress.” She filled her cheeks with air before speaking again.

“What if my fans or people with nothing to do, mostly talk about other’s lives, don’t like the idea of this movie? It will bring not only problems to my career, but with the girl too.” Her friend saw her walking towards her direction to sit and continue to talk. “I have ground to refuge me, but what about her? She’s new in this world for what I search. And I’m a little nervous because although I already acted in some dramas and I received good critics, this is a movie, its another level.”

“First at all, you know you worry too much? You don’t even know her, second, people now are open mind and if someone doesn’t understand, that is their problem, not yours. Third it’s totally valid that you’re nervous about this, we’re talking about a movie, that’s not a simple thing. And finally fourth, you have me and Minnie by your side, nothing really bad can happen with two of your best friends by your side.” The girl hugged her friend by the side to conform her in the couch. “Take this as an opportunity to know new people too Yeon, you need more friends.”

 “What are you trying to say? Are you already tired of me?” They joked while the laughs filled the studio. “You know I can’t be tired of you or Minnie, although sometimes you’re annoying.”

“That has to make me feel better in some way?”

“Yes, it has, now appreciate my love for you little brat.” She laughed after felt the push in her shoulder. “By the way, what is the name of this actress? And the movie is about what?” her friend questioned with her eyebrow raised it in a cute way. “Her name is Yeh Shuhua, and about the movie, they didn’t tell me anything, they’re going to give me the scrip together with Shuhua and her team in a meeting with the director and before you ask, I can’t give you a clue about it, wait like the others.”

“You’re boring, but well, I will wait only for you.” They laughed while walking towards the elevator after closing everything. “Also, I saw some wroks of the girl, shes pretty talent, so again, don’t worry too much.”

“Fine, change of topic, why are you here so late? Miyeon asked with her eyes focus on the numbers in the little screen, waiting to reach the parking lot. “Im working on my comeback, I concentrate better here than in my own house and you know it.” Soyeon received a look from her friend before walking outside. “You’re a work-alcoholic and that’s all, you spend more time here that in your own place, you need to relax a little.”

“I’ll do it after this comeback, I swear.” She only received a little sound as an answer. “Thanks.” Soyeon looked at her with curiosity. “For be my friend, you always know what to say and how to say it to make me feel better, I couldn’t ask for a better friends, although Minnie is not here with us.” Miyeon felt her friend’s arm around her, giving her a tight hug and a pat in her head, after that, the way to their place where quite just like the cold night outside the car, the neon lights where a pretty distraction to Miyeon’s mind, giving her a calm aura, she left herself let grab for her tired body.

 

 

.

 

 

 

The cold night outside was in some kind of way, warm to the girl in the batting booth, her clothes weren’t the best or the right for it but she wasn’t playing attention to that. No when she was alone in the place that late, thanks for being friends with the owner of the place, she was with her boots, jeans and a big sweeter. She was focused on the balls coming to her direction; the bat in her hand was heavy, making her hands a little numb, the helmet in her head was bigger than her normal size. With every hit her head was recreating the meeting of that morning about the notice her manager gave her, her thoughts were full of the topic and the girl’s name.

“HEY LOSER.” The voice of her friend brought her to reality, realizing the booth stopped some time ago. “What in the earth are you two doing here?” she said removing the helmet of her head to walk outside where her friends were standing, waiting for her.

“We were worry for you, you weren’t answering your phone, do you know the reason why phones exits? They exist to answer the phone when your friend calls.” She looked at Soojin with an apologetic gaze, receiving a side hug from Yuqi. “Grab your things loser; we are going to eat because we know you didn’t eat anything since this morning.”

Once in the car, Yuqi turned to Shuhua from the front seat. “Care to explain why Soojin knew you were here but I didn’t? Do I mean something to you?” Shuhua looked at her with tired eyes. “You know what you mean to me you fool.”

“I knew she was here because when she was only a trainer, her driver took me there not knowing it was a secret.” Soojin talked from the driver seat. “You know how much I love baseball since I was little, I practiced it when I was in high school, you ever saw the pictures my mom showed to you, and that place is like my booth to think about things.” She rolled her eyes seeing the pout of her friend. “Sorry for worrying you guys, I got lost in time when I’m there, it’s normal for me to forget about my phone.”

“Try to not do it again, please.” Shuhua nodded seeing Soojin from the mirror.

The neon lights were a pretty distraction to Shuhua over the conversation her friends were having in the front seats, she saw the cars around then moving to their destinations, she also could see people walking around the city, some of them were laughing with their friends, others were just trying to protect themselves from the cold night thanks to the unwelcome rain. The soft music and the view outside the car relaxed the girl, her mind drowning in her own thoughts, the big sigh of HighFood’s restaurant ahead them was clear for her, with the big neon light around the letters and the little drawing of two figures jumping. “Well, we’re here, please, do not do the same as the last time we were here.”

Yuqi and Shuhua started to winning at the same time making Soojin to roll her eyes and to turn her attention to both girls. “I don’t care who the fault was or whatever; I think Emy or Finn will not be able to defend you guys again.”  They stared at her before to talk again on the same time, causing a smile in the girl face over how noisy her friends were, not matter how much time passed.

While outside the weather was cold and wet for the unwelcome rain, inside the place, the warmer aura was really comfortable with  the groups of friends that could be hear from the resection, filling the place with noise and good vibes, the soft music playing on the background reminder her the principal reason she was out today, Shuhua saw how their usually waiter wave his hand, they moved through the tables around, the girls were talking with the guy while Shuhua looked around, the place was not full of people like usually, but the warmer sensation was still there, reaching their table and ordering their food, Yuqi tapped the table to bring Shuhua attention to them. 

“Are you with us, Shu?” she looked at her friends in front of her, their eyes where full of worry for her. “Yes, I was only thinking.” Soojin smiled at her before asking her on what. “Well my manager today gave me a notice really important to my career; I’m starring a LGTBQ+ movie.”

“Omg Shuhua, that’s actually amazing!” Yuqi stared at her with a smile. “You seem happy but at the same time worry, why’s that?” Soojin asked her after thanking the waiter for bringing their food. “I mean, this is my first movie starring it so I’m really happy, but I’m also nervous for the topic, you know how that is here.” She sighed after putting her fork down. “I’m a little worry about this, and I´m not starring it alone, I don’t know a lot about the movie’s plot, but the actress that will work with me is Choi Miyeon.” The scream that left both of her friends dragged the attention of some people, but they didn’t pay importance about it. “Choi Miyeon? Korea’s it girl?”

“That’s actually Joe Joohyun.” Yuqi stayed silent for a short moment before talking again. “Second Korea’s it girl?”

"Yes, I’ll work with the Choi Miyeon."  Shuhua said grabbing her drink. "You’re living your best life." The look they saw in the girl eyes showed the opposite of happiness. "What’s the problem? I see you I little tense, aren’t you exiting for this?” Soojin asked her at her, knowing the girl for all the years being her friend. "I’m actually nervous because she’s really famous, it’s not that I’m not exiting for this, it just she knows a lot of things about this world, more than the things I know, also, I’m sort of a big fan of her?"

"So, you’re scare of you gay panicking in front of her?" Yuqi jumped and left a whiny sound after feeling the kit in her leg for her friend and a push from Soojin at the same time. "What Yuqi was trying to say is, are you scared of making a bad impression of yourself in front of her?”

"Yes, this is her first movie since shes acting, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t know how to work in this environment, she’s actually pretty amazing in all the things she do, I have seen all her work since the beginning." Her friends smiled at her before hold both of her hands. "That’s the reason of why you were in the booths?" They received a nod from her. "I was thinking about this entire situation and the things this is going to cause in the media."

"Shuhua, it’s going to be fine, if any person says something to you, you have both of us by your side to defend you in many ways." Yuqi said with a smile in her face. "You’re going to be amazing too Shu, you’re also a good actress, I knew it since the first time you practice with me one paper, I was really shocked" She squeezed her hand, winning a smile for the younger girl.

"Do you know anything about the plot?" Soojin asked after the short moment. "Not really, they’re going to present both teams this Monday I think, my manager has to confirm that, the script on the other hand, I don’t know when I will read it, I think they doesn’t want to send the scripts before the meeting." Soojin nodded to her friend, waiting a couple of seconds to make the next question. "How did you get selected to do this movie? Did you auditioned or something?"

 "No actually, the director called my agent and told them I was the perfect character for this movie, for what I know, Miyeon didn’t auditioned for it either, so I think the director wanted us to make this together." Shuhua stared at both girls in front of her. "That’s amazing Shu, getting a call is extremely good for you, more now that you’re pretty famous."

"I know that, I’m kind of nervous at that too, what is the director said that they made a mistake choosing me, what if she says that I don’t really fit the character?" Yuqi tapped the table to get the attention of her friend. "Don’t say those kinds of things, you’re an amazing actress and people literally love you, period." Shuhua smiled at her, felling glad she won such lovely and supportive friends.

"Enough about me, I want to know about you too guys, how is work going?" both girl looked at each other; Soojin was the first to answer the question. “Well, the girls are having a comeback soon, so I’m making choreographies to their songs and stages, also the tour is closer everyday so I have been busy.” Shuhua smiled at her friend before asking a question. “Can you give us a clue about the topic of the comeback or is a secret?” Yuqi stared at Soojin with wide eyes, waiting for an answer, making Shuhua to laugh. “I’ll tell you only one word, cowgirls” the older girl left a chuckled after hearing the cheers of her friends. “What about you Yuqi?”

“I’m composing some songs right now, maybe I will be working with some important people, I can’t tell too much right now to you guys, but it’s going to be big.” Soojin and Shuhua looked at the girl just to ending smiling at her direction.

 

 

.

 

 

 

The meeting room was filled by people, Miyeon saw her agent talking with someone at the phone, the director was talking with her assistant, and some other people she knew as her team. They were waiting for Shuhua’s team and the girl to arrive to the meeting that early morning. Although she talked to Soyeon, she was feeling anxious for this work, she didn’t stop thinking about the entire situation that could happen there in that room and with the public outside. She reached the place after the director, when she saw the girl entering the room, she give her a big smile and some nice words.

She was drinking her tea when the door opened, revealing the whole team of Shuhua, Miyeon saw how the director walked closer to welcome them, after a short time, she saw her co-star entering the room. Now Miyeon understood why all the people around her when she asked about the girl said she was beautiful, like an angel beside the common humans, Shuhua was gorgeous, all about her was attractive. When the eyes turned to her, she blinked rapidly to bring her back.

“This is Choi Miyeon, Miyeon, this is Yeh Shuhua.” She grabbed the hand of the girl to shake it, the electric current both girls felt make them to look at each other, after a short time, Shuhua turned her eyes, not standing the heavy stare the girl was giving her. After that moment, all the people in the room sat and started talking about all the details of the movie.

“The movie is going to be filmed at the beginning of the next month, we will film first the lighter scenes and we will leave the heaviest ones to the end, we want you guys to feel comfortable to each other and the other cast.”  The director explained to them. “The name of the movie is, ‘Lucid dreams’, the topic of the movie is about soulmates, right?” she waited for both girls to nod to continuing talking. “Every human has a different way finding their soulmates, some of them with drawings in their skins, some with tattoo words, others with the apparition of flowers the moment they touch each other, or having color back to their eyes after a touch or a look, some have match’s eyes, others can hear what the other hear, the case of the girls I wrote, are dreams.”

“Dreams?” Miyeon asked winning a smile from the director. “Yes, dreams, they tend to have dreams about each other, mostly of their different lives together.” She explained. “How do they know they’re soulmates?” Shuhua asked, winning a smile from the director. “Good question, in the case of this kind of soulmates is that, they need to pass time together to know that they’re soulmates, to explain better, they tend to fall in love with the time for the strong connection they share with each other. After they discover they’re soulmates, both feel a big pain in their heads the moment they connect their hands for the first time after saying out loud that they´re in love with each other.

"They cannot know if they meet their soulmate like the other ones  because tthis kind of soulmates are not common, so it’s strange when this happens. The dreams will show them all the ways they met each other and fell in love in their porevious lives. Something about this kind of soulmates is that, if they don’t see each other for some time, before realizing their feelings of course, is that, the dreams will be the last time they saw each other in the life they're.”

“What happens if one both know about their feelings but doesn’t want to say it out loud?” the voice of Miyeon dragged the attention of the director. “Well, you have to wait to see it later.” She answered before turner to her assistant, grabbing some paper from her hands. “I’ll tell you some things about your characters now; the script is going to be send to you this weekend.” She cleared before talking.

“Miyeon, you’re going to be the daughter of an important chef, you’re coming back to Korea after five years outside studying business, and he’s really exciting to see you again, but you’re not that happy to come back because lately your dreams have been repetitive, you´re coming back with a two friends. Shuhua in the other hand, you´re the right hand of Miyeon’s dad, you don’t believe that much in soulmates since you know that the kind of soulmates you share are not common.” Both girls nodded with their heads. “The details are going to be in the scrip, if you can, read it together girls.” The girls saw her standing and walking towards the door. “I’m really excited to work with you two; it was a pleasure to meet you.”

With that, the director walked outside the room being followed by all her team, after a short talk between the managers of both girls, Miyeon looked at the girl at her side with a smile. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Shuhua.” Said girl smiled at her. “I feel the same, but I think we can’t talk and know each other like the director said in this kind of place.” Miyeon looked around to see all the people were talking. “You right, do you want to get out of here?” Shuhua just nodded with a small smile in her face. “I would like that.” 

After a short time, both girls were entering a pretty restaurant not far away from the place they were, the place was calm and warm, it was also almost empty, not counting the four friends in one cornet laughing about something. In the counter was an old lady with a soft aura. “Hello Miss Kim.” The old lady smiled at the voice of Miyeon. “Miyeon sweetheart, it’s good to see you here after some time.” Miss Kim smiled at the girl beside her favorite girl. “It’s good to see a new face around Miyeon; she always brings the same two girls around here. Sit down; I will take your orders in a bit.”

“She seems very nice,” the voice of the Taiwanese girl brought the attention of Miyeon. “She’s the best.” Shuhua looked around before speaking again. “How did you find this place?” the Korean girl smiled at the girl in front of her. “I worked here before being in CUBE, when I doubted of myself.” The girl showed a surprised look, causing a chucked in Miyeon. “Here´s where I knew I wanted to be a singer for real  and Miss Kim helped me with that realization.” Before Shuhua could talk, the old lady walked to their table with a smile. “What I will get for you two ladies?”  Shuhua turned her head to the voice of Miss Kim and the said. “Since I don’t know the food here, I will let you decide for me.” Miyeon smiled at her before telling the order. “You will love this, I know it for sure.”

After that, the girls talked a little bit about everything, Miyeon told Shuhua how she worked there for two years after she left YG Company, not believing in herself. She also talked about her place in CUBE, how she won her place being one of the best singers in that company. Shuhua talked about her arrived to Korea some years ago, it was because of a dare with some of her friends, the company she was working as a model in Taiwan was making auditions for actress and actors in Korea, so her friends dare her to made the audition and the next thing she knew it that she was flying to Korea with the opportunity of became an actual actress.

“That’s actually crazy, you know that right?” Shuhua nodded while she was drinking her smoothie. “I know, my best friend didn’t believe me when I told her.” The girl laughed before talking. “I wouldn’t either to be sincere with you.” She smiled at the look on Shuhua’s face. “Did you like the burger?” the older girl changed the topic.  “Yes, it was delicious, this place deserve ten stars.” Miyeon agreed with her.

“Miyeon.” Shuhua called the girl to capture her attention. “Since we’re going to work together, and we have to become closer, would you like to go with me to the pitch booths some of these days? Miyeon raised her eyebrow, causing nervous in Shuhua. “I mean, since you brought me here, I see fair of my part to show you the place I spent the most of my time when I arrived to Korea.” Miyeon smiled softly to her, fiding cute the shyness in the gril in front of her. “I would like that.”

 

 

.

 

 

 

“You look good” The stared that Shuhua received made her laugh at the girl in front of her with a helmet bigger than her face. “If you’re going to make fun of me I’ll left without any doubt.” Miyeon said after taking out the helmet and throwing it to the Taiwanese girl. “That will not be necessary, you can try the others ones before actually go outside to the booths.” After finding all the equipment, the both girls walked outside to one of the booths. “Do you know how to bat, right?”

“Blow of you to assume that I know anything about this sport or sports in general.” Miyeon said turning her attention to the girl at her side. “Well, you’re lucky, because I was the star player in my school back in Taiwan, so I’m going to teach you how to do it.” Miyeon smiled at her in a soft way. “You’re my savior.”

Both girls walked inside of the booth after putting all the necessary equipment to bat, once in positions, Shuhua talked. “Alright, the position to bat is simple; you have to be a little inclined to the front with your left/right arm raised at the same level as your shoulder while the other arm is forming a triangle.” Miyeon did what the Taiwanese girl explained to her, but the result was a weird position, causing a little chuckle in the younger girl, after that, Shuhua walked behind her and surrounds Miyeon with her arms, fixing her position and showing her the movement to bat, but that ended causing a little blush in the face of the older girl. “Now that you have the right position, just keep seeing to the front waiting for the ball to get out of the machine to your direction, if you don’t hit anything don’t worry, its normal.” Miyeon nodded at the voice of the girl. “I’m going to start the machine, shout if you want me to stop it.”

Miyeon ended hitting a ball in her fifth try, the girl outside the booth celebrated it loudly enough to cause a smile in the face of the older girl, she continued in the booth until it stopped. “You saw that? I feel like an athlete right now, that was so funny.” Shuhua smiled at her and extended her hand waiting for a high five. “You did it amazing and it’s you first try, and you look like one. You want to try again?” she received a soft no. “You should try; I want to see you batting.”

The older girl saw the way Shuhua hit the ball inside the booth, The girl was batting all the balls without missing one, after hitting one ball, her body moved by muscle memory to the initial position; the movements and the principal position were elegant and clean showing all the years practicing the sport. Her face was serious and showing an absolute state of concentration. Miyeon took her time to study the girl inside the booth. After a couple of hours turning to bat and eating something outside, the girls were in Miyeon’s car, going to the house of said girl, It was filed with a soft music playing. “Are you ready to read the script?”  

Miyeon turned her eyes for a short time to the girl sat at her side. “Yes, I’m really exciting to read it actually; I want to know my character so badly.” Shuhua nodded at what the girl said. “Me too, I want to know everything about her, how is she like, what she likes, what she doesn’t like and all those things.” The older girl nodded. “Changing the topic, how did you become the star player of your team? I’m really curious.” Shuhua turned to her direction with a smile in her face. “It’s kinda weird, because when I started in the team I was the worst player, the coach was really frustrated by me, but after a year of playing and failing, I became better, so the coach gave me extra training time, at the beginning of the season I was the best player.” Her smiled became bigger telling the story.

“I won the title at the end of that season, with the years all the people of where I live knew me and the school team for it, because it was the only team conformed by girls who was that good playing.” Miyeon nodded at the voice of the girls. “That’s amazing, when I was in school I wasn’t good with sports so you can imagine the pain every time the class was close.” Shuhua laughed softly at the girl. “You were good in something?” the girl asked with curiosity in her eyes. “Yes actually, I was really good in arts; I even painted some murals in my old school for it.” Shuhua stared at her with a surprised look. “You were that good that a school let you paint something in their walls?”

Miyeon nodded with a smile. “My school was amazing, they always let the kids with talent express themselves, and the only thing they asked in return was good grades and good attitudes if you were outside wearing the school uniform.” Shuhua made a sound. “It sounds like a great school.”   The car was filled by a soft music coming from the radio, the silence was confortable. Minutes later the girls reached the house of the older. The young girl saw Miyeon walking around the house looking for something, after a couple of seconds a couple of sounds called Shuhua’s attention, seeing two little puppies running towards them. She saw the smile of the girl beside her, how she extended her arms to welcome the two puppies. “Shuhua, these are Haku and Mata, they’re my babies.” Miyeon spoke after a couple of minutes, the girl kneeled in front of the dogs to pet them, making funny voices to play with them. “They’re really cute Miyeon.” After some time playing with the puppies, the girls were in Miyeon’s couch with their respective scripts. “We should red first and then say what we thought?” Shuhua asked receiving a nod before reading.

Half hour later Miyeon was the first to speak. “That was intense.” She received a nod for the girl in front of her. “The characters are so good described.” Miyeon sat beside her. “I like the idea of both characters becoming friends because they feel the strange connection, who’s going to tell them?”  Shuhua nodded with a smile in her face. “Although I don’t like their first encounter, it’s too tense.” Miyeon smiled. “Yes, but I get why, Hayoung is coming back after a long time and seeing a stranger girl being more  daughter of what she had being in the past years, it really did something in her.” The younger girl looked at her. “You’re right, what part did you enjoy reading the most?” Shuhua saw the girl at her side thinking. “I like the one when they’re walking in the night after a long day working together in Hayoung’s brother resection for his wedding, you?”

Shuhua laughed remembering the scene. “I like the one in the beach, the idea of them sharing a little about the other is lovely.” Miyeon nodded at the words of the girl. “Are you okay with the kisses?” Miyeon asked catching the attention of the Taiwanese girl. “I mean, it’s not the first time I’m kissing a woman, I’m more nervous about what people might say about it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter