Forty-Five

Monster in His Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NEXT DAY

 

The sick mafia boss finally woke up from a deep sleep because of the power of medicine. 

He slowly opened his eyes and saw himself in familiar ceiling. He wandered his eyes around and saw his mother was reading some documents on sofa. He didn't call her. He struggled to get up to sit by himself. 

 

Mrs. Seon who brought her work to do while taking care of her son soon noticed his consciousness. She dropped down everything and ran to her son. 


"Joon ah, you woke up now? Move slowly!" she said while helping him to sit. 

Rap Monster still had a little dizzy when he got up to sit like this. He touched his injured forehead. 

"Ahhh... " he cried out pain. 

"Joon, don't touch it too strong!" his mother held his hand not to let him touch his injury.

"Still feeling sick?" she worriedly asked. 

Rap Monster nodded without opening his eyes. 

"Mom will tell somebody to bring you breakfast. Now lay down back! Don't move too much yet!" she lured her son to lay down back. 

Rap Monster was still weak so he didn't protest. He lay down on bed back.


Mrs. Seon made phone call to her staff to bring breakfast in.


"Joon, how are you feeling now? Laying down is better than sitting because your forehead injury will make you have dizzy." she softly explained about his condition while softly patted his head.

Rap Monster turned away from her without saying anything. He was so upset. Not because of his mom but because when he woke up, he didn't see someone he wants to see besides him like she has promised last night. He was drunk and badly injured but he remembered all moments and words with Sooah clearly. 

He looked seriously heart breaking. Mrs. Seon noticed his sadness. 

"Why are you like this again?" she asked him. 

Rap Monster tried ignoring his mother's question. 

Mrs. Seon sighed. "Joon ah, tell me! I would do whatever you want. You know it right?" she lured him. 

Rap Monster dropped his tears a few drops. 

"She said she will be with me but she leaves me alone." he exposed his sadness to his mother. 

Mrs. Seon soon got what her lovesick son mean.

"Joon ah, Sooah has stayed with you for full night together with me. She didn't even take a nap just to look after you. She has just left when her working hour has come only. She's on duty and today she seems so busy. When she has time, she will come to see you again. Don't be upset, Dear!" Mrs. Seon spoke for Sooah. 

Rap Monster quickly turned to his mother after heard that Sooah was with him for full night. 

"Really, Mo... m... Oh I mean, was Sooah really with me for full night? Is she worried about me? She cares about me, right?" he got so excited to hear and almost slipped his lips to call his mother as mother fully.

Mrs. Seon smiled to see her son could turn to be excited at once just to know his beloved girl was taking care of him for full night. 

"Yes, she is. She cried so hard for you and I think she has something good to tell you too." said Mrs. Seon with mysterious smile. 

Rap Monster frowned.

 

"Nah, wait to hear from her yourself! Please clarify all misunderstanding with each other." she wiped away his tears with her thumbs then continued patting on his head warmly. 

Rap Monster stopped crying and agreed to wait for Sooah impatiently. 

 

A moment later, a nurse brought breakfast in. Mrs. Seon fed her son breakfast.

Rap Monster really can't wait to meet and hear good things from Sooah that his mother hinted. 

 

-----

 

Sooah was busy for all day with her work. She couldn't make time to meet Rap Monster fast but she kept asking about his condition from her co-wroker who is in charge of his case. 

"How is he doing now? I want to meet him fast." -Sooah-

.....

Rap Monster who has been impatiently waiting for Sooah for almost a day finally reached his limit.

 

"Tell Sooah to come or I'll leave. Call her to take care of me, Mrs. Seon." he meanly gave order to his mother. 

Mrs. Seon has no choice but to switch Sooah with the nurse who is in charge of his case.

 

Sooah was so surprised to hear about sudden switching up. But she was happy with it. She came fast as order. 

 

The young boy and girl met their eyes and looked at each other with deep heart after all the emotional moments they went through together last night. 


"Okay, come and take care of this stubborn patient! He doesn't need anybody besides you even his mother. I'm gonna take all my works to do in my office back." Mrs. Seon son then grabbed her work and turned to leave. 

 

Mrs. Seon stopped by Sooah's place. 

"Sooah, please take care of my son well. He's my everything. And make things clear with him. Good luck!" she cheered Sooah then left. 

Sooah received more strength from Mrs. Seon. 

 

Now the couple was left alone. 


/ dead silence /

 

It was awkward for both of them after a night with many heart fluttering romances.

Sooah stood still a few meters from Rap Monster who is sitting on bed, looking at her without a single blink. 

 

"Last night you said you would stay with me. But you left me." Rap Monster broke the silence by mentioning about his little upset. 

"Ah I have to work today so....." Sooah urgently explained. "I did stay with you for the whole night though. I got to leave because I'm on duty today." she added.

"OK so I bought your duty and you can stay with me now." he smirked. 

"Why would you want me to stay with you... You chased me from your house..." she murmured then faced down.

"What?" he exclaimed... "I chased you? You're the one who always wanted to leave my house. I just followed your heart." he protested. 

Sooah burst out crying. "I didn't. Hik hik..."

Rap Monster got lost to see her sudden cry.

Sooah tried to hold herself and kept her leaving from his house case at a side. She wiped her tears.

 

"How are you feeling now, by the way? Do you need anything?" she changed the topic and turned to be a serious nurse at once. 

"I need you." he answered in one second. 

Sooah widened her eyes in surprise with his answer. 

"Come near me!" he stood his both arms, widening them to call her to come to him. 

Sooah slowly entered to stand close to his bed. Rap Monster grabbed her wrist by his both arms to make her sit on his bed and hugged her tight from front.  

 

"Ops!!!" Sooah startled.

Their faces were facing each other quite close. 

 

"My mom told me you have a good thing to tell me. What is that?" he asked straight forward. 

Sooah bit her lips, still feeling not brave enough to tell him. 

"I... " she stuttered. 

"I'm looking forward to hearing. Tell me!" he insisted. 

"Hmm... Mrs. Seon has told me about your secret help such as stop putting me in night shift, doubling my salary... Thank you for that!" she gave a bow to him. 

Rap Monster scoffed. "Oh just that! It can't be called a good news." he pouted disappointedly. 

"Mmm and..." she murmured another sentence. 

"And??? Something more? Say it! Say it!" he excitedly insisted. 

"She told me you still love me and asked if I love you too..." she paused.

"Your answer? What is your answer, Sooah?" he all eared.

Sooah nervously faced down. "I... I... Wait, do you really still love me?" she asked him first. 

"I do. I still love you. It was a lie to all my ignorance to you recently. I pretended. In reality I still love you." he answered without hesitation. 

"How about... Hmm aren't you still angry with me for aborting our babies?" she sadly asked about his feeling about her aborting again.

Rap Monster sighed. "It would be a lie if I say I'm not. But I would like to hear your reason. Do you have reason?" he emotionally asked. 

Sooah burst into tears again. She suddenly hugged him and continued crying on his shoulder. 

Rap Monster hugged her back and softly rubbed her back to calm her.... "You do have a reason, right? Tell me! I'd accept all kinds of reason. I'll be reasonable, I promise." 

"Namjoon-shi... I... Hik hik..." -Sooah-

"Sooah, say it!" -Rap Monster-

"I..." -Sooah-


* Tok Tok *

Suddenly someone knocked on the door. The emotional moment and conversation got disturbed. 

Sooah quickly released herself from Rap Monster.


"I'm doctor Lee. May I get it?" a male doctor's voice to be heard.

"Darn it!" Rap Monster cursed in annoyance to be disturbed by the doctor. 

Sooah looked at the mad Rap Monster. "I'll go to open the door." she said then went to invite doctor in. 


"Please come in, Doctor Lee." she warmly welcomed doctor in. 

"Oh you're in charge of this case?" Doctor Lee asked with a little surprise. 

"Yes I was switched with Daehee." Sooah replied. 

"Alright..." Doctor nodded in understanding then he headed to Rap Monster. 


"Goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter