Forty-One

Monster in His Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes letting go of someone you love doesn't mean you're weak, it actually means you're strong enough to live in pain all alone. 

Not being able to see even Sooah's shadow, not being able to hear even her crying sound..... The mean mafia boss cries himself to sleep every night since then. He never thought he would suffer this much. He even regretted of letting her go because the pain he is having is too much to handle.

 

"I should have been selfish so that I can keep you here longer." 

 

Rap Monster walked in the room that the owner is no longer here. 

He sat down on her bed with holding his baby's last scan photo. 

"I'll keep you here. It was your mother's room." he opened a drawer near the bed and put the scan inside. 

"Papa has bought you a pair of socks. Keep yourself warm!" he dropped a few drops of tears then put a pair of cute baby socks together with the scan.

He closed the drawer then lie on her bed. He cried himself to sleep for the third night without her presence here.

-----

 

"Namjoon-shi... Namjoon-shi... Joon....."

 

Sooah woke up in the middle of the night after having a dream about Rap Monster. 

She woke up and opened the lamp. She looked around to find the clock. 

 

"3AM..... It's just another sad dream. I must have missed him so much." Sooah started sobbing in the middle of silent night, looking through the window which had curtain being blew by the wind.

"Spring is coming. I can smell Cherry Blossom through the wind... Tomorrow no not tomorrow, it's already new day. I'm already turning 22. I'm a spring baby. I should go out tomorrow to see the world after being brokenhearted and locking myself for 3days."

Sooah decided for tomorrow out then went back to sleep. 

-----

 

Morning has come. Sooah woke up early to go out. The first and only place she went out for on her birthday is her brother's grave. She went on a bus to the countryside. 

.....

 

< At Galaxy Stone Company >

 

*Phone Ringing*

"Reminder? I have a reminder today?" 

Rap Monster who was concentrating on his work suddenly got interrupted by his phone reminder ringtone. He grabbed his phone to check. 

He was stunned to see the note. 

"Soojun's sister's birthday"

The emotional moment occurred again.


/ Flashback /

< At Shopping Mall >

 

RM : What are you looking at, Soojun?

Soojun : That crystal ball is so beautiful, Boss. My sister likes something twinkle like that. The one with diamond star inside is so beautiful. I'll save up for her birthday next year.

RM : When is her birthday? I'll send something to her too since you're very good staff to me. 

Soojun : Are you serious, Boss? Her birthday is on the beginning of spring, 15 March. 

RM : I'll note it down.

Soojun : Good! Even I can't give her gift, there will be someone who will give her. 

RM : What are you talking about? Why can't you give her yourself? 

Soojun : After a few attacks, I really feel my life is so temporary. Just in case, I'm no longer here... 

RM : Stupid! Don't say such words! 

Soojun : I really see it coming..... 

RM : Soojun! 

 

/ End of Flashback /

 

"Soojun, I should have noticed your words. You were telling me you sensed your death. Soojun, you died because of me. I'm such a terrible boss, a bad friend... I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Rap Monster got mental breakdown to think about Soojun's death again. He cried out but silently inside his office for literally a day.

 

Until he remembered an important thing..... 

 

"It's Sooah's birthday....." he grabbed his stuffs and left his office right away. 

He went on car with his bodyguards to a shopping mall where sells the pretty crystal ball which has diamond star inside where he went with Soojun a few weeks before he died. 

Luckily, the exact same thing Soojun wanted to buy for her is still there, probably the diamond star inside made the crystal ball so expensive and hasn't sold out yet. 

Rap Monster bought it without caring about price. Just seeing it's still there made him happy so much.

He happily held it and intended to go to Sooah but then he realized he shouldn't appear in her life anymore. 

He took out his phone and checked her GPS. He saw she was at the location where her brother's grave is. 

 

"She must want to celebrate her birthday with her brother... If not because of me, they could have celebrated the happiest birthday as a family. I'm such a unfortunate human." he thought to himself then ended up feeling guilty again. 

Rap Monster packed the crystal ball beautifully then drove to her place. He kept checking her GPS and she is on the way to come back home. He was so nervous to be going to see a girl he loves after a few days. 


Sooah finally arrived. Rap Monster was inside his car, watching her from a distance. He became so emotional to see her. 

 

"Go and give this to her! Tell her it's from Soojun!" 

He handed the crystal ball to a bodyguard. The bodyguard got blanked in his mind to be said like that but he didn't dare to ask for detail. He went as order. 

.....

 

"Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter