Chapter IIII

Lost & Found I N-CITY #10
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you love the rain, does it make you dance
When you're drunk with your friends at a party
What's your favorite song, does it make you smile
Do you think of me

When you close your eyes, tell me, what are you dreamin'
Everything, I wanna know it all

-10,000, Justin Bieber

The next morning like clockwork, I got a text from Hendery. I could almost hear the smile behind his words, Hendery telling me that he had to go to class because he had cut his class for two days.

H.W: My professor is not very happy.

I frowned, tilting my head to the side as I read his text message. I remember he told me once that he had all his credits so I asked him that and he replied.

H.W: Not for practical.

My One & Only Gucci: I thought you’re in business.

H.W: Ohoi! I think I registered for the wrong class.

My One & Only Gucci: Hendery…

H.W: Just joking. It was an elective. It’s called wine-making :D

I paused, kind of disappointed that I wouldn’t be able to see him for the day when an idea popped up in my head. I quickly texted him back.

My One & Only Gucci: So… See you after school?

H.W: Why? Do you miss me? I don’t have my wallet thooooo, can you come and pick me up? I’ll be at the café called Nana’s café. It’s run by a friend

And then he went on and on about how Na Jaemin was a Broadcasting and Advertising student who owned a café. I kind of felt nervous reading it all, thinking to myself that I didn’t want to meet his friends just yet but a part of me knew that with Hendery, it was kind of worth it.

I looked forward to it the whole day, finally brushing my hair and pulling on a darker shade of red when I reached SM University to see that Hendery was standing in front of a café. He waved at me, bounding over to me before he paused to take a good look at my face.

“You look pretty today,” He complimented and I felt myself turn red. He smiled at me, leaning forward to press his lips against my cheek. This surprised me since we were out in public, Hendery’s eyes running over my face before he rubbed my cheek. “Come. Nana would love to meet you.”

Walking into Nana’s café, I saw Nana in front of the counter. How did I know he was Nana? Because he had NANA plastered across his apron and a female was helping him tie the back. His pink cotton candy hair flopped over his forehead and Na Jaemin looked up to flash me a smile.

“Ah… You must be Gucci. Yahoo, look. It’s Gucci.” He motioned to me, the female popping from behind him to smile timidly at me. I smiled softly back and the female quickly excused herself, going to the kitchen to get the muffins. “My girlfriend is a bit shy. My apologies.”

I gave out a dry, nervous laugh when Hendery leaned over the counter.

“Gucci is the shy type, too.”

“I can tell,” Jaemin replied, laughing to himself. “Anyway, I wanted to meet you. Hendery was blabbering the other day about how he thought he found the one—OW!”

My eyes widened when Hendery’s flew forward with speed, boxing Na Jaemin on the nose. The pinked haired male leaned backward, a hand over his nose before he glared at Hendery.

“The one who he thinks found his wallet! Let me finish!” Jaemin snapped irritably and Hendery gave him a meek smile. “You just boxed me!”

“Couldn’t help it,” Hendery mused when Yahoo peeked out from the kitchen from the commotion, the female looking surprised.

“Nana, why is your nose bleeding?” she asked mildly, with a look of surprise. Na Jaemin huffed, inserting tissue into his nostrils. “What happened?”

“My love.” Jaemin narrowed his eyes at Hendery who was still smiling. “Hendery attacked me.”

“Oh my god. Again?”

The ‘Again?’ meant that it happened often and when Jaemin caught my expression of alarm, he lifted a hand before looking at Hendery.

“Oh no… It’s not a big deal. It happens between friends. This is how we play around,” He finally broke into a smile that eased me, Yahoo shaking her head to herself. She looked like she would be the calm among the chaos most of the time so she was used to it. “Can you man the café while I go to the infirmary?”

“You know what they say: Find friends you can punch without them getting mad at you—”

“Literally no one says that, Hendery,” Jaemin answered, Hendery chuckling. “Take a seat, Gucci. We’ll be right back.”

With Hendery at the counter, I saw that he was very popular. I sat at the side, people of both genders just sticking their heads in the café to yell out a friendly hello and then leaving. After my second drink of tea, I was relaxed and I asked Hendery where the bathroom was.

“You can use the one here but I think someone is doing a big business. The door has been locked for an hour.” Hendery said casually and I made a face. “There is one by the side. Do you see the sign? Let me walk you—”

“No, no. Then no one would be able to look over the café.” I told him, placing a hand on his shoulder to which he lifted to bring it to his lips to kiss it softly. He was getting more and more affectionate and I wasn’t complaining. I loved how loved I felt.

I made my way to the bathroom and entered a stall just in time for two girls to enter. My ears perked up when I heard Hendery’s name being brought into the conversation.

“We all know you took Hendery’s wallet on purpose, Amanda.” One of the girls said and I frowned, the girl named Amanda replying.

“I’ll give it back to him soon. I just saw him at the party and thought it would be the only way I get to talk to him again. Besides, he’s always out and about. Suzy, how do you think I should give it back?”

“You can just text him, I guess? What happened between you and Hendery last year, anyway? I thought you said he brought you out for a date or something and then he just stopped texting you.

“He brought me to a parking lot! Besides, you know Hendery is notorious for his one-shot dates. I cried over him last year.”

At the mention of the parking lot, I felt my heart fall. I pressed my lips together, thinking to myself that it was supposed to be our parking lot.

“It’s the same way as to how you like Jeno, Suzy...” Amanda whispered loudly as if it helped.

“He’s dating Kim Bunny. She’s so weird.” Suzy’s distaste could be heard and I decided to just keep on listening. “I heard Hendery has a new target. His targets never last more than a week, doesn’t it? He’ll get tired of her in no time and by then, you should be able to give the wallet back.”

This was the first time I have heard about Hendery’s reputation. I only knew the side that Hendery showed me and nothing else. I found myself feeling antsy, counting on my fingers the days that I have been with him.

Four days?

Am I special or am I just another one of his targets?

I knew I wasn’t one to blame Hendery but it left a heavy feeling in my chest.

“He’ll drop her. Trust me. He brought her to Jaemin’s café today and she’s not very pretty. She’s like… basic.”

The sound of rushing water and then their voices drowned out as they exited the bathroom.

I looked down on my hands to see that they were clenched in tight fists before I told myself to relax. Another person entered the bathroom and I quickly finished up, leaving the bathroom when I looked up to see that it was Na Jaemin’s girlfriend.

“Hello,” she greeted me. She was younger, I could tell. I smiled at her and went to wash my hands. “You’re very beautiful.”

For some reason, her compliment made my mood swing up and when I thanked her, I looked into the mirror to see her studying me.

“You and Jaemin are cute,” I finally blurted out, not knowing what to say and she tinged pink, the female nodding slowly. “Have you guys been dating long?”

“Not that long,” she replied, her eyes going dreamy for a moment. “Hendery Sunbae actually asked me to check on you. He was worried you fell into the toilet seat or something.”

I chuckled, Yahoo looking down and shaking her hands downwards so the water droplets went towards the floor.

“I think I’ll be seeing you around more, Unnie. I can feel it.” She smiled and I wondered what that meant, both of us walking out of the bathroom to see a very tiny and menacing female with pigtails violently being thrown over a male’s shoulder while he was talking to Hendery. “That’s Bunny unnie. That’s Jeno Sunbae.”

“Where is Amanda? I will kill her!” Bunny was saying and I blinked, being taken back to the memory of people saying that Wonwoo had taken Bunny out on a double date and a fight had broken out. “Jeno, let me go!”

Her boyfriend didn’t, Lee Jeno, didn’t look bothered. He balanced her on his shoulder before patting Hendery on the shoulder.

“Thanks, man,” Hendery was saying before Jeno marched away. He caught sight of me and pulled me to him, Yahoo bowing and heading back to the café. “Are you okay? Why do you look drained?”

One thing I knew about myself was that whatever I was feeling always showed on my face. As much as I tried to hide it, it was close to impossible.

“Just tired,” I lied and Hendery leaned forward. “It’s nothing.”

“Tired? Like emotionally tired? Physically tired? Or….” He paused. “Heard something you weren’t supposed to hear kind of tired?”

His last phrase was enough for me to realize that Hendery was aware of the things people said about him. He knew very well what kind of person he was and how the public viewed him. When I didn’t answer, Hendery’s face fell and I quickly tried to assure him.

Rumors were to not sway us and I wanted to dive right in with him.

“Nothing. I think I drank too much tea.”

“Oh. It does happen, right?” He asked and I nodded, Hendery pressing a hand on my forehead, his arms not leaving my waist.

“I think I need to move my body for me to like… get rid of the sugar,” I told him and he laughed.

“Really? Exercise, huh?” He smirked and just like that, I felt my body heat up at the insinuation. “Relax, Gucci. We’re taking it slow, you know. Besides, I know the best place to bring you!”

“And where is that?”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Tada!”

“Hendery, this is the same parking lot.”

“But isn’t it amazing? We brought skates!” He told me and I found myself laughing. Throughout the whole walk to the parking lot, I thought to myself that maybe I should tell Hendery about Amanda taking his wallet.

But I told myself that if she were to give it back anyway, this would be a way to test Hendery’s loyalty. Would he turn his back on me once he got it back? Sure, he said he liked me but I bet he liked other women, too. Maybe to him, I was just a passing phase.

For now, I wanted to enjoy my time with him and let go.

I had no idea how to skate but Hendery was quick to teach me. V, he told me.

“I have a friend named Jung Sungchan. He’s a bit younger but the first time I went skating with him, he told me to ‘Make V’ with my legs. You’ll be able to balance yourself better like that. There you go!”

I zoomed around the parking lot with wobbly knees, Hendery jogging beside me to make sure I wasn’t going to fall. Each time I seemed like I would, Hendery would g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter