First & Last

September Waves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wrote this since I'm LSS to Waves by Fiji Blue lol

 

───── ❝ september waves ❞ ─────


𝐈 always... always knew how Joohyun looks at me differently from others. How extra careful she is when it's about me. I don't think Joy and Seulgi know though, but sometimes I feel like Yeri is doing something to make Joohyun and I closer. Sometimes I'm scared when Joohyun asks me to go with her alone since we're graduating high school in a week. There are times when I can sense she wants to say something but hold everything in. The probability of her confessing... is too high. I can't risk that. Besides, after this high school journey, I will be migrating to Canada to pursue my undergraduate degree.

Meeting Joohyun when she transferred in her second year, I thought she was soft. I was right. Joohyun is an introvert, we didn't click at our first conversation, the second, the third, fourth, or even fifth. It took a while before she can talk with me comfortably. Though oftentimes, I can hear the shakiness of her voice when we're alone. Thanks to Yeri's efforts of pushing her most of the time, she finally hangs out with our group regularly. You can say we were the last ones to get closer and back then, I didn't know why.

When we were in the third year, that is how I realized Joohyun see me more than I see her. The doubt on her actions when interacting with me, her second thoughts, how unsure she is with everything that includes me. She can't look straightly into my eyes for more than 5 seconds. Joohyun is always the one to break the glance. Somehow, that bums me.

"Yo, Joohyun said she wants you to meet her on your secret spot. I don't know where that is." Yeri approached.

"Okay, thanks," I replied, closing the book I am reading.

Considering we're only 1 week away from leaving this school, they are giving us free time to arrange our requirements. The five of us are already done so we have a whole week to goof around more. 

We're all going different paths after this.

I made my way to the old room at the east of our building. This became our little secret when I caught her dozing off when I cut one of our classes. I didn't know she would be there, too. The all so charming Bae Joohyun, cutting her classes too. I guess even her would get bored at school, that's what I thought. Even so, that didn't change the fact that she's still number one throughout the school. It's funny how I didn't feel any envy or maybe because I personally know her. My parents would've been proud if I'm like her.

"Welcome." Joohyun greeted me, she's playing the piano.

"Hey." I greeted nonchalantly, sitting on the couch.

"I can't believe you're leaving us in 2 weeks," Joohyun murmured, the pace on her play becoming slow. After graduating, my family and I will have preparations first before our flight. They want to say goodbye to their family's sides. Not that I mind though.

"I don't know when I'll come back," I said even if she already knows this. Joohyun stopped playing and faced me. That expression... she's debating with herself again.

"Let's go back? The class will start soon." You could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter