007

Bite Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING : Graphic descriptions of animal killing so please do not read if you are sensitive to such dialogues.

 

 

"How are you feeling?" I Jieun's shiny black hair as she stares blankly at the ceiling "I feel different" She manages to get out, her soft voice deceiving; red eyes dripping with hunger.

"You need to feed a little. I'll get you something fresh okay?" She doesn't respond so I take my leave, moving delicately across the room in fear that I'd be the one to start breaking down.  

The feeling of a crushing weight continued to smother me ever since I had broken the news to her of what was to happen. I still remember the usual composure of her lifeless reaction as she complied to take the potion knowing that she couldn't stay stuck as an eight year old child forever. 

 

Or not anymore at least. 

 

I was fully aware that this wasn't my choice for her to become mates with Jongin yet I couldn't help but feel responsible for being a willing pawn in this horrible game of fate. A simple chess piece moving square by square, afraid of being blindly captured. 

My fear however, allowed my opponent to overtake the whole board all because I didn't consider the fact that the others could be affected by my move. Now it was my turn to play and this time, I was going to win.

 

Even if that meant sacrificing my heart and soul to prevent future pain for the others. 


 

Lost in my own distorted world, I slightly flinch when a soothing voice breaks the deafening silence "Where are you going?" 

I quickly recognize the intrusion as Yubin, her head curiously peeking from around the kitchen corner; watching me prepare my bow and arrow near the front door but I don't spare a glance at her. 

Instead, I securely strap a pocketed knife to my upper right thigh and emotionlessly say "Hunting for Jieun"

She hums in response, already rocking on the balls of her feet and I know what she is going to ask "Can I come?" The question so innocent yet so suffocating and I sigh wanting to decline. But when I stand up straight to finally look at her, she is practically dying to get out and not knowing how to say no; I nod stoically. 

She happily squeals and runs over to grab a few pieces of beaten clothing inside the closet by the entrance so she doesn't have to ruin her nice clothes while transforming. She changes at the speed of light in front of me and neatly folds everything else to stuff in a bag. Once she is done, I am already leading the way out but before we could leave, a booming voice randomly yells out from upstairs after eavesdropping on our conversation 

"Me too! I'm coming!!" 

"Me three!" Sehun and Chanyeol's big frames come running down and I snarl at the sudden company but they don't pay attention to my negative attitude as they pass me, strutting out the front door with their noses in the air. I don't even have the energy to protest so I bite my tongue and follow behind the three wolves who are more than eager to go hunting with me. 

 

----------------------

 

"You hear anything?" I ask, looking at the big grey wolf next to me and she nods slightly towards the left. Sure I still internally wished that I was alone but I couldn't deny that they were good hunters and what is the point of them being here if they weren't gonna help? 

 

Following her orders, I diligently make my way towards the said area and not even twenty steps in is when I spot a lone bear chewing on some leaves with his side profile facing us. I take note that if he stood up on his hind legs, he'd probably be as big as Yubin in size but thankfully he hadn't noticed us yet so I quickly took the chance to grab an arrow and line it up with my bow, ready to shoot. 

Whispering to Yubin, I make sure she understands how to hunt for Jieun "Don't tear apart anything you find. I need as much blood as possible." She lets out a low growl, informing me that she acknowledges my request and turns away to find another prey near us. 

 

Deciding to aim at the head for the sake of it's own pain, I swiftly get the job done when he plops down on the dirt without making a sound. I make my way towards the animal who is no longer moving, placing my hand on it's fur and thanking it "Pohat dgu ejri fyt" I chant, "May you ascend to a new place"

With that, I use my magic to pick up the big creature as it follows me towards where Yubin struts out behind some trees with a deer limp between her sharp bloody teeth

"I'm going to head back first, if you want to stay out longer you can" She just shakes her head lightly as the deer flops at the movement and she follows me back towards the cabin where Sehun and Chanyeol is already howling at their kills 

"Thanks guys" I tiredly say, my eyes beginning to droop as I leave the bear on the lawn, pulling my arrow out of it's head and going to the shed to grab big clean jars. 

When I return, the three wolves are back to their human forms and poking at the dead animals but I pay them no mind as I line up the jars to begin collecting the blood. 

"You need help?" Chanyeol asks from behind as he watches me slit the bear's throat deep enough to penetrate the carotid artery but I shake my head silently, my powers already lifting the bear upside down for the blood to drip into the jar and I keep my mind focused on it while I move onto the deer to do the same but when I reach the bobcat that Sehun brought back, it's still twitching so I ruthlessly pull out my knife from it's pocket to stab the animal in the head to end it's tourment. 

"No longer in pain, may you ascend to a new place" I close my eyes to say with a monotone voice before continuing my job at hand and no one dares to speak after seeing how caring yet emotionless I can be when facing death. 

 

"Do you guys want to keep the meat?" I question quietly, watching all four animals being drained of their blood and Yubin nods carefully "Yeah we should keep it" She tells me in a small voice and I nod in response

"You guys don't have to stay here with me." I tell them, feeling their concern from behind me as I take a seat. The scene blankly playing out in front of me "I'll be done soon" My tone barely louder than a whisper but I know they can hear and Chanyeol just places a comforting hand on my shoulder, lightly squeezing it before walking back to the house 

Sehun and Yubin follow him without saying anything to me, knowing I just wanted my alone time so I bask in the silence as the sun sets next to me. 



 

When all the jars are filled to the brim and the animals no longer pouring out blood; the moon is out and gleaming down on me as I leave the four laid out on the lawn before making my way towards the house with four capped jars of dark red blood hovering in the air behind me. 

Walking into the house, I notice Kyungsoo and Fei who are watching TV on the couch together. "Hey Kyungsoo," I called out and he turned around to look at me kicking my shoes off. 

"There are four animals outside that need to be skinned and cut up. Yubin said to keep the meat, can you get to it when you can?" He is taken aback at my sudden request because I'd usually do it myself but with trying to balance both Jieun and Jongin alone he can guess how overworked I am so instead, he just nods, already standing up to start on it 

"Thank you" My voice is soft and tired as I go to the kitchen to prepare some blood for Jieun. 


 

Making my way up to her room, I see Baekhyun sitting next to her on the bed, both of them leaning against the headboard while he reads a book to her dramatically. I finally let a small smile crawl on my face seeing how her mood as improved because of him but not forgetting why I was here, I call out to her 

"Jieun" Both of their heads snap to look at me as I raise a big cup of blood up and that causes her red eyes to shine happily. I waste no time walking over to hand it over and she takes it, greedily drinking until it's empty which makes her posture relax a bit more.

"Here," I grab the dark brown vile on her nightstand "Time for the medicine" I open it up and she immediately widens as I give her specifically three drops of the magical 'medicine' 

 

"Sleeping time?" She asks innocently and I nod regretfully which cues Baekhyun to stand up "We can finish this tomorrow" He tells her while patting the top of her head and she just beams at him happily, her pale skin already starting to sweat as she lays down uncomfortably. 

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before I place my hands over her body to put her under a sleeping spell so she wouldn't have to endure so much agony as her body grows rapidly. Once she is fully asleep, I sigh looking over at Baekhyun who is looking at me worriedly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter