009

Bite Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you think about this dress?" I ask Fei, holding up a simple black evening gown and pressing it against my body to help her visualize but she shakes her head roughly "Too plain" I sigh at her much needed honesty, throwing it onto the single chair in the corner of her bedroom as a sign of rejection 

 

In the past two days since receiving the invite, I had ransacked all of the closets of each woman in the house and believe me when I say that options were very limited. I had not been this nervous since my first time attending the ceremony and that was because I had the pressure of my parents wanting me to be the perfect witch. Now it was because Baekhyun would be my plus one and although it wasn't unlikely to have other magical species being a concubine, I was well aware that having one as a mate is out of the realm of natural order. 

 

"Well that was the last dress in this house" Groaning in frustration, I place both hands on my hips and bite my lip. My eyes dart around her shared bedroom with Kyungsoo in the process of thinking.

I take notice of how different our rooms seem to be. Their pure white walls contrast with the dark red accents of dragon's breath (a plant) that is almost teasing me in the big vase next to their bed "Hey," I call out to Fei who is mindlessly laying on her stomach in the middle of their bed "What?" She replies, looking at me with boredom but I don't take my eyes off of the plant; Instead making my way towards it and her eyes follow 

"Where did you get these?" I ask, lightly running my fingertips over the vibrant leaves as an idea comes to mind "I think Kyungsoo found them near the lake west of here" She informs me, not very interested. 

 

"Lead me to them" My eyes are bright and excited as I turn towards her but she is almost afraid of my mad way of thinking. 

 

-----------------------------


 

"Wow" I exclaim, letting out a low whistle when I overlook a whole meadow of dragon's breath barely wobbling beneath the wind "They're so pretty" I crouch down and waste no time to pluck one out of the ground and into my empty basket 

 

"What do you even want with these? Don't you have a dress to worry about?" Fei utters while frowning and if I was a stranger, I would have been highly offended by the rashness of her words but because I have grown accustomed to the way she speaks I pay her no mind 

"I'm taking care of it Fei," I don't look at her when I throw another empty straw basket towards her feet "Fill it up to the brim will you." Purposely being rude to her out of humor, she almost growls at me but begins to copy my actions nevertheless. 

 

-----------------------------

 

"I hate you" Fei mutters underneath her breath as we finally reach the house. It's been at least three hours of nonstop plant picking and I could have easily used my powers to do all the manual labor for us but I honestly just wanted to see Fei struggle. I won't ever tell her that though. 

 

Still, she lightly places the two baskets of dragon’s breath on the wood floor once inside the home and faceplants into the couch. I take off my shoes before taking the baskets she abandoned in my right hand and the other two I picked already bunched up in my left hand

"Thank you Fei baby~" I cooed at her as if I was speaking to Baekhyun and she grunted into the cushions. I chuckle, walking over towards the smaller living space just down the little corridor connecting both rooms 

 

With no hands to spare, I expertly turn on the lights with my elbow and as soon as the room lights up, I see a slim figure napping on the couch; almost scaring me to death. Jieun is napping quite soundly with half of her face snuggled into a blanket and I calm my racing heart down, she must have wandered into this room after refusing the pack's offer to travel into town for groceries. Shaking my head and ignoring her presence, I begin on my project. 

 

Being as delicate as possible, I precisely line up the plants in a big circle, stacking them in some areas and creating smaller inner rings as I progress. Fei joins me in the room, sitting at the edge of Jieun's feet where there is a little space for her to squeeze into. She doesn't say anything knowing that I do not like being disturbed while in the middle of doing something so instead she just silently watches me. 

 

I continue to stack the plants, plucking out the ones that seem not as vibrant and throwing them into the dead fireplace.

 

It takes me less than ten minutes to run out of the dragon's breath and I take a step back, staring at the five rings ranging in size. I am pleased at the vastness as I stand adjacent from Fei and Jieun. 

Tilting my head and glancing up at Fei, I simply propose 

 

"Wanna see my dress?" A wicked smile playing on my lips and her own shape an 'O', now knowledgeable as to why I had wanted so many dragon's breaths.

 

Wanting my gown to be the best of the best, I close my eyes and allow my witch to overtake me. My form changes with a violent nudge of my head and her jaw once again cracks sideways, adjusting itself disgustingly and getting comfortable since she hasn't been out for a while. 

We focus down on the plants in front of us and she lets out a loud shriek that surprisingly doesn't even phase Jieun as she continues sleeping but Fei is covering her ears in pain 

"For satan's sake" Fei grumbles at my witch but she doesn't care and instead lets out a warning bite 

 

'Concentrate' I tell myself and we immediately shift our magic to the piles of red on the floor. I close my eyes and place my palms out, facing upwards and chanting quietly "Kigrw tenait eit batwl gaamqt" 

Slowly, a black fog is released from the palms of my hands to creep around the red circles and the plants begin to rise in order of smallest to biggest, enchanting every single leaf. 

The color gets distorted together, morphing itself into real fabric not needing much effort.

 

"Ufda pouwm yt hua" Finishing the spell, I tilt my head to turn back into my regular form and open my eyes to stare at the stunning dark red velvet gown perfectly holding itself up in the middle of the room. 

 

"Holy " Fei curses with wide eyes, standing to her feet and rounding the dress; mirroring the same astonishment as me 

"I never knew you could do that" She touches the fabric of the skirt and I shrug my shoulders with a smug look on my face "Me neither" I laugh at the sudden skill, it was a spell I had come across in one of my many books but I hadn't expected the dress to be this well produced. 

(A/N:Okay I looked forever to find this so appreciate the beauty with me but shoutout to the person who made this dress. Let me wear it sometime pls&thanku. Also pretend like there is no mesh top.)

 

"The dress has a time limit on it huh?" Fei gives me a smirk while lifting her slim eyebrow and I roll my eyes in response at the comparison "Please. Unlike Cinderella, I can keep my man, shoe and dress for more than one night" Fei howls with laughter at this and I join her, enjoying this side of her personality. 

Our little moment is cut short however when we hear the pack enter loudly through the front door. I had almost forgotten what time it was but when I see a flash of Baekhyun pass by the end of the opening of the hall and into the kitchen, my heart falls and I snap my head at Fei 

"Please let me hide this in your closet" I beg with no pride and big puppy eyes but she protests with horror "Are you crazy?! It'll take up the whole-" 

 

"I don't want Baekhyun to see it yet! Please Fei! I'll make you hundreds of dresses like these if you help me out" I cut her off and clasp my hands together, really trying to sell it to her and when she sighs, I smile conquering another victory once again. 

 

Not wasting any time, I simply snap my fingers and the dress disappears in front of us. She snarls knowing where it went and as if on cue, Baekhyun comes striding into the room "Hello my lovely girl" He engulfs me in his embrace and lifts me off the ground while I wrap my arms around his neck 

"Hi Baekhyun" My response is bland and shy but he doesn't care as he continues to hug me tightly. I take notice that I am face to face with Fei once again who mouths clearly 

'I want ten dresses when you get back.' Her attitude fierce and threatening but I nod with my eyes shining mischievously 

 

I should probably start a dress business.

 

-----------------------------

 

"Hmmm" I slant my head a little as I watch Baekhyun show me his expensive black tux that he proudly bought while he was out. I was sitting on the small stool at my vanity as he held up the outfit in front of me 

"The salesman said it was a classic look for warlocks so I thought you'd like-" 

 

"I don't like the color" Cutting him off and bluntly breaking his spirit he pouts "B-But I tried so hard" His voice cracks at the end and I lightly flinch, feeling bad that my words came out like that 

"No I mean I like it Baekhyun," I put down the moisturizing cream in my hand and gave him my whole attention. "But the color is... not what I envisioned." He frowns at this "It's black Nauen. You should be grateful I didn't buy a neon blue even though I was tempted" Baekhyun's eyes slightly dart away from the honesty and I chuckle 

 

"What about..." I lift my hand up and pull it back as if I was about to throw something "White" The second the words leave my mouth, the once black suit is devoured in the pure color 

"Woah" He lets out a low whistle, now staring at the white tux "I never knew you could do that" Deja vu washes over me as I recall Fei's words so I just shrug casually 

 

"Yeah I get that a lot"

 

-----------------------------

 

"Do you have to go?" Jieun whines as if she was still an eight year old girl, sitting on the edge of the bed and lightly kicking her legs. 

Except that she was ten years older now. 

 

I fake a small sad face as I stare at her through the reflection of the mirror "Yes I do. I'm sorry baby but the others can accompany you later" 

"Yeah Jieun, we can do whatever you want after they leave" Yubin says while curling a strand of my hair and letting it free after a short while. 

 

Tonight was finally the long awaited ceremony event and instead of relying on my powers to glam me up like the previous times, I had allowed Yubin and Seulgi to work their own magic on me after they practically cried about this being such a big event for Baekhyun and I.

 

Afterall, we were all practically family by now. 


 

I was firmly seated on a comfortable directors chair in Seulgi's room in front of her huge full sized mirror with bright lighting shining in my face. I had yet to even put on my makeup but all of the girls were watching intensely as if I was royalty getting dressed. Even Fei was in the room with us and respectively sifting through my jewelry to prepare for tonight. 

 

Jieun on the other hand was not fond of the idea that I was attending an important event without her and made it crystal clear to everyone in the house that she wanted to be the one going with me but I bluntly refused, mainly because I wanted to bring Baekhyun and well, she was still an uncontrollable vampire child in the eyes of most. 

 

Even now, she was showing off that her childish nature did not disappear as she continues to throw a fit on Seulgi's shared bed but I snap at her, my tongue creating a loud click and everyone goes silent; my glaring eyes turn and pin themselves on Jiuen's figure who is messing up the sheets "Stop that," My tone warning while her eyes gloss over with tears "You need to learn the hard way that everything in this world does not belong to you and I will never yield down to you on such unimportant matters." Huffing, I turn back towards the mirror with my eyes shut in annoyance "Don't forget your place Jieun. I was the one who gave you another chance at life and I'm also the one who can take it away." A few seconds later I hear her let out a big sob before storming out of the room but we all are unphased by her outburst. 

Her steps down the stairs echo followed by the sound of the front door opening and I roll my eyes back, not fond of how dramatic she can be in her teenage years. 


 

"Jongin!" Seulgi promptly goes to the door frame of her bedroom to yell out 

"What?!" He responds from down the hall which I am guessing is my room that Baekhyun was getting ready in "Jieun ran outside! Go and make sure she's safe!" With that, she shuts the door again and we go back to our previous tasks but not before hearing another set of fast paced running down the stairs.

"Don't you think you were being a little too harsh?" Yubin asks, styling my hair but I softly shake my head in order to avoid any screw ups with her work. Although, before I could explain myself, Fei does it for me

 

"Definitely not. Jieun is getting older now and we can't coddle her forever" Fei lifts up an extravagant gold necklace with big diamonds and she nods approvingly before placing it aside "She might have been a smaller child a few months ago and is still used to us doing everything for her but letting her do anything she wants is just wrong. Even though the last part was a little extreme, Naueun is right. Jieun has a new and better life because of her so if I were you, I'd also think overstepping is a big no no" Her words ringing true and Yubin hums knowing what we were all agreeing upon 

 

"Besides, she should thank me. Jongin is now running after her to be the knight in shining armour" I joke and we all erupt in a shared round of giggles 

 

"Save me Jongin!" Seulgi reenacts a badly portrayed romantic scene while fainting onto the bed and I can't help to laugh harder, small tears escaping my eyes 


 

"Oh satan."







 

"Okay on the count of three, lift the dress and lower it slowly so I can get it on without messing everything up here" I motion to my face and the ladies nod, taking their positions to get this enormous gown onto me. 

 

Since seeing the dress for themselves the first time, they all had been voicing their envy of how perfect the dress was for me and I bashfully glowed with self-confidence. In fact, I was excited to come back and make more dresses for all of them, despite the large amount of plants we had to obtain for it.

 

"We need to get going. It's almost 2:30" I say, glancing at the time on my phone and turning towards them. The ladies easily lift the big dress and I slightly duck to get underneath the many ruffles of the skirt. I stick my arms up before they begin lowering it and make sure my head is aligned with the opening above.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter