[2]

400 LUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“your scent is inside my heart, striking like a wave, I want to be forever like this.”

 

JIMIN.

 

I like her. I knew I’ll like her the moment I walked to the barricade just to ask her name. She wasn’t hard to like, but confessing to her seems like a nerve cracking thing to do. It makes me more nervous than racing, honestly.

 

It was 10 minutes before the race when we managed to finally set my car up. I immediately excused myself for a second out of the garage and made my way to the crowd. “What the ?” I’m not even near Minjeong’s spot yet I could already see an standing by the barricade where I usually wait for her, and this man even has the audacity to talk to her. Who does he think he is?

 

Feeling my blood boil up, I walked to them and to my surprise, Minjeong seems to enjoy his company.

 

But too bad, I don’t.

 

“Hey.” I interrupted, both of them turning their heads towards me. One beaming a smile and the other sighed in annoyance with the sudden intrude. You can guess who’s who.

 

“Jimin! I thought you weren’t coming.” she spoke, completely ignoring the man she was just talking to.

 

“You were waiting for me? That’s a first.” I teased.

 

“ of course, what’s the point of going here if I won’t see you?” her sudden bluntness astounded me.

 

I was about to speak when I heard a cough from my side. Right, he’s still here. “You know this guy?” I asked, finally acknowledging his presence. Well, it’s not like I have a choice anyways.

 

“Nope, but he said he’s one of your opponent for today.” she explained, and he finally butts in.

 

“Yeah, I was just telling her how I’ll beat you today.” he boasts with an annoying smirk on his face and God, I wanted to punch him right on the spot.

 

“I never lose, so we’ll see about that.” I retorted, do I look like I will back off to any man? Never.

 

Before he could even say another word, his phone rings, must be his team looking for him. “The race is about to start, I’ll see you later at the finish line.” he smiled smugly before walking away and I can’t help but roll my eyes.

 

“You look pissed.” Minjeong spoke and I shifted my gaze towards her. She giggles, I could only quirk an eyebrow.

 

“What?” I refuse to admit that I am indeed pissed off.

 

“Are you jealous?” If it wasn’t for the evident teasing in her tone, I would’ve said yes, but I’m not stupid enough to say that.

 

“Stop saying nonsense.” I brushed off, thinking of another topic to divert the conversation. “Why was he here anyway?”

 

“Hmm I don’t know, he just popped out of nowhere.”

 

“You looked like you were enjoying his company.” I implied and she gives me that knowing look again.

 

“You sure you’re not jealous?”

 

Before I could even speak another word, one of my crew calls for me and I could only mentally thank them for comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter