[1]

400 LUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“we’re never done with killing time, can I kill it with you?”

 

MINJEONG.

 

Do I like her? I often ask myself that. I wonder what these fluttering feelings are. I wonder why my heart feels alive the most at the break of dawn, I wonder why out of all the hazel orbs I get to see every single day, hers are my favorite. I wonder if I like her enough for me to leave my apartment at 3 in the morning just to watch her race in the suburb of Seoul.

I wonder.

 

As I made my way through the crowd of people to get myself a seat at my favorite spot by the front row, I could already see a familiar raven-haired standing by the barricade, as if she’s waiting for someone. “You’re here again.” She greets as soon as she saw me approaching, sporting her signature smirk that I kinda grew fond of.

“I was bored.” I responded nonchalantly, but we both know damn well that was a lie.

So she smiles. “That’s what you always say.”

“Yeah, whatever. Why are you still here? The race is about to start.” I spat out, ignoring the tingling feeling on my chest. I feel like my heart’s going to burst soon.

“I wanted to see you before I warm up.” She confesses, and it took everything in me to not break into a smile. Do I like her? I ask myself once again, this euphoric feeling I get whenever I see her, is this because I like her?

“What are you thinking about?” Jimin’s voice snaps me out of my thoughts. “Nothing.” I simply replied, but inside, I am panicking, so I shifted the topic to something else. “Well, now that you saw me you can go now.”

“Yeah.” she laughs, and I can’t help but notice the little changes on her face whenever she does that. “I’ll see you later.” with one last wave, she retreats back to the garage, just in time for the race to finally start and I could only sigh in relief as I got myself a break from these thoughts.

 

It was almost 5AM when I got out of the venue, just in time for sunrise, like always. A familiar sports car stops in front of me. The driver pulls the window down, revealing the raven-haired I’ve been waiting for. “Shall we go?” she smiles at me for the nth time this morning, and at this point, I’m just wondering how I’m still alive.

Before I could jump out of the gutter, she steps out of the vehicle to open the passenger’s door, something she has never done ever since we met. Thinking it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter