Prologue

Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk’s POV

Starry, Starry Night.

I stare outside the window. Darkness, the kind of darkness darker than black that suffocates you. This is how gloomy and pathetic nights look like. In this endless darkness, I could sense the loneliness that has been living in my body for years.

“Appa?” Sound of turning the knob of my room, where an innocent figure appears.

I turn over from my window whilst shutting the curtains, there he is. 

“Appa, It’s storytime. You told me you would read me a new story!”

I fixate my eyes on his soft face, that kind-hearted soul that I have been searching for years in myself. Long has the vicissitudes washed that innocent soul in me. 

“Appa!”

I am once again brought back to reality. Days ago, I promised my son to talk about a story that I have been wanting to share for long. 

Promise, I shockingly realise, that it is such a formidable word to slip out from my mouth. Behind that simplistic word hides thousands of burden. It is only a white lie to deceive you, a momentum to keep you going on alone. 

I pat his back and shove him to my bed. He is there, lying on the pillow peacefully, waiting for his father to tell a story.

I discreetly take out the book and touch on the silver lining. Years had passed, but this book never fails to appear whenever I need it. It is not simply a story, but more as a reminiscence, a collection of memories that shall never be fallen apart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter