meeting you drunk must be destiny

the colors of your steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung’s mom described it as chromatic. She didn’t know what it meant so she went to the public library to see what the word meant.  Colorful. Vibrant. She saw it written in the dictionary. She closed the book with a permanent frown on her face. She still didn’t know what it meant. As she stepped out of the library, she saw footprints. Blue ones. She followed it with her eyes and it went towards the right way after the gate. She stared at it for a moment then walked left, the opposite to where the blue footprints headed.

Sooyoung was only 7.

~

Sooyoung kept her poker face on as everyone around her started finding their soulmates. Oh look, Jimin found his soulmate. A tall lanky girl with blonde hair. Her Jeonghwa unnie also found her soulmate. A guy with tattoos on his arms, a piercing through his eyebrows. Sooyoung asked them. They answered. “Follow the colorful footprints.”

Sooyoung was 14 that time.

~

Sooyoung stayed under the tree as the rain poured above her. She ran. She didn’t want to see the disappointment on her parents’ faces. She’s a lesbian. A gay. A , that’s what her little sister called two gay men a week ago. She already packed her clothes in a bag, but now it was wet from the rain. She stayed under the tree even though it didn’t offer too much protection from the big beads of water falling from the sky. She didn’t know it was getting dark, she kept her head down. A long car stopped in front of her. The window rolled down and a white pale monolid girl stared at her before telling her to get in.

“What’s your name?”

“Why are you asking?”

“I’m Seulgi.”

“I’m Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung was 19.

~

She saw the “colorful footprints” as her cousins and friends call it, in a bar not too far from Destiny’s. She wanted to follow it. She wanted to meet her soulmate. A white guy with styled black hair and a cheesy smile? Probably. A girl with a good nature and gorgeous eyes? She wishes. She heard hollering from around the bar, but she couldn’t quite see it. She shrugged. Not her business anyway. She stayed where she sat, drinking her beer as she waited for Seulgi’s text to come. She had 2. Wait, maybe 3? She found herself staring at the footprints.

The bartender noticed her looking at the floor.

“Looking at your soulmate’s footprints?” She asked.

Sooyoung chuckled. “Yep.” She chugged down her 4th? Maybe 5th.

“Why aren’t you following it? Scared to be disappointed with how they look?” Sooyoung faced the bartender, leaving her money on the counter.

“Quite the opposite actually.” Sooyoung turned as her phone beeped. Seulgi’s outside. She walked outside and went inside her car, not to see a redhead running out of the bar to look for someone.

Sooyoung was 23.

~

“Come on. I don’t like it when I leave you all alone in the house.” Seulgi whined as she pulled Sooyoung to her feet. Sooyoung groaned.

“And I don’t mind being left behind. Go and have fun with your girlfriend, Kang.” Seulgi stopped pulling the cop and glared at her.

“Get your inside my car, I’m not leaving you here. You’re already dressed up anyway.” Sooyoung groaned again and walked out of the room, pretty sure that she doesn’t stand a chance if she fought with Seulgi about this.

She groaned as she stepped out of the elevator, carrying boxes of donuts on top of each other.

“You only brought me with you because you wanted me to carry all this and watch you Joohyun's face off after she opened the door.” Sooyoung complained, trying to navigate her way with her feet since she can’t see the way, the pile of donuts blocking her sight. Joohyun and Seulgi did make out in front of Joohyun’s apartment, and Sooyoung started to thank the donut boxes. She sighed in relief after she put the boxes down on Joohyun’s counter, her arms were sore already. She stretched her arms up and let out a load moan of pleasure, earning glances from the couple sitting on the couch.

“What?” She asked.

Seulgi was about say something when she noticed Sooyoung staring at the floor then at Joohyun’s bedroom door.

“Soo?” Sooyoung turned to her best friend, seeing the confusion on Seulgi’s face.

“I got to go. Yerim texted. Something came up.” Sooyoung lied, stuffing her dead phone in her back pocket.

“But we haven’t started the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter