Chapter 1

Love is Whim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the third times she’s moving to a new countries in the past year –not to mention the cities between. She’s staring at the black iron gate of her family new house. Hesitate to walk in until one of her twin brothers call her. The moving company starting the job once the gate opened by the real estate agent. The house was chosen by her father’s company and it looks pretty big than their previous house in New York. His father’s job really demanding them to move around a lot. They usually switch back between America and South East Asia and this is their first time in Seoul, South Korea.

 

Minnie walk around the house. It mostly in white, black and grey color. Modern minimalist style. She walks to the second floor. Her brothers already chose a room, she rolled her eyes, the perk of being the last child. The only last room in the second floor is the one on the far corner. But, turns out the room already feels so cozy even if there’s only bed and cupboard prepared by nobody knows who. She looks outside the window, the front yard garden appears before her eyes. She opens the window. The cold air hitting her face. It’s still early January and looks like it’s snowing last night.

 

 One of the guy from the moving company ask her if it’s right to put the boxes with Minnie’s name written on it on the room Minnie stand, and she said yes then to immediately move out from the room so they can work easily. She walks down and sit on the still covered with white linen couch on the living room. Her mother still so busy directing the worker. She took out her phone, there’s some messages from Mark, her boyfriend or sometimes she admits that he’s her fiancé. He asked if the moving went well. She doesn’t has any intention to reply it anytime soon. In the end, their relationship is only for the benefit of their families business, no need to be a perfect girlfriend. Mark live in Los Angeles where she lived before New York. So, for the past months they’ve been in a long distance relationship and Mark who mostly visited her in New York every two weeks. She doesn’t even mind if he doesn’t come.

 

She was told that this time they maybe will stay a bit longer. Maybe one or two years. She doesn’t care. She’s tired actually, moving out, moving in, new school, have to make a friend. So since before Los Angeles, Singapore, she gave up on making friends. Her mother told her she will be moving to international school this time, considering racism towards South East Asian people here is pretty bad, she hopes it would lessen her struggle. She knows very well that Minnie is actually struggling. So, as her mother made a heads up like that, means she needs to prepare at every situation she may encountered. She just nodded. She will attend language preparation class tomorrow, right away. Thankfully she’s not that clueless about Korean language because of her love towards Super Junior.

 

Moving day is so boring actually, she just sit around all day waiting for her room to be prepared. Then she asked her mother if she could walk around the neighborhood and she got the permission. She steps out the house and wondering where she should go, she chose the opposite direction of where she come, to the right. The houses in the neighborhood are all so big with tall walls but with different shapes. She walks for around fifteen minutes and finally found a street with restaurants, diner, small shops and mini market. She stops by the mini market and decided to buy a warm can coffee. She sits in the table right outside the mini market. The street is pretty busy. This is not her first time in Seoul, she came here two or three years ago for a holiday with her cousins but to actually live here is a different thing.

 

She sighed.

 

She felt a vibration from her pocket, it’s Mark video calling her. She decided to answer.

 

“Hi,” she answered lazily. Mark on the other side looking so happy Minnie finally shows up.

 

“Where are you?” he asked with a smile on his face.

 

“Mini mart, drinking coffee.” She’s showing the can coffee on her hand.

 

“The moving went well?”

 

“I guess? I’m kinda bored so I walk around the neighborhood. Are you still up playing game?”

 

“Yeah, I just finished the last one. I’m going to sleep after this.”

 

They're just staring at each other for a while. Both are thinking about the time difference and maybe there’s a chance about it become a problem but both are avoiding the topic and keep it to their own minds.

 

“I miss you,” said Mark while staring at her with a sad eyes. Minnie fluttered. Despite she’s not that interested on their relationship, it’s a lie if she doesn’t develop feelings towards him.

 

“Yeah, I suddenly missed you, too..”

 

“Suddenly? You’re not missing me before?!”

 

M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter