The Setup

Look for Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The process was lengthy, but Ji Hangyeol provided most of the effort. In 45 minutes Namjoo was in and out of the courthouse, her complaint submitted, and now official. She thanked him profusely outside the office.

“I’ll call you when I hear anything,” Hangyeol promised. “If there’s a witness, someone willing to reach out to you, you let me know.”

“Yes, thank you so much.”

Suavely grinning he bid her farewell. “I’m sure Jongin is getting impatient outside. Don’t keep him too long.”

Thanking him for the 100th time, Namjoo scurried down the hall. Blasting past several workers who turned to stare on her way out. She was excited. Her heart rampaging, unable to keep still. Over the moon right now.

Suddenly it made no difference if the makeup couldn’t fully conceal her red face. She didn’t care how anyone perceived her. Only that she’d made it today.

Sunlight strongly lit up when she ran out breathing fast and hard. The whole world had never appeared so beautiful, so lively. Traffic abuzz, pedestrians skittering right to left, the universe bigger than before. A picturesque picture she needed to capture. Suddenly Namjoo knew what to paint.

Hurling down the stairs she threw her arms around Jongin. He spun her once before her feet landed on the concrete.

Quickly pecking him, she exclaimed, “I did it.”

Tightening his arms around her he grinned exceptionally. “I’m proud of you.”

“Thank you. Thank you.” Fully hugging him she leaned her head on his shoulder.

He, her hope from above, making everything possible.

Jongin took her out to eat at a bar and grill. In the middle of the day the restaurant was in full swing. Men with big bellies filling up before returning to work. Women stopping by for a drink. Couples meeting up for a short date.

Steam and smoke greatly swarmed the environment. The smell of gray-brown meat cooked to perfection stirred anyone’s appetite never mind the stench of sweat. At their table all Namjoo focused was on their plate of meat and lettuce. Impatient with Jongin grilling she’d started throwing meat onto the grill. He clicked his tongue at her yet fed her like she was a baby bird.

“I want another bite,” Namjoo said despite making a wrap for herself. Opening , she waited.

Piercing a piece of meat with the tongs he led it to . Putting a finger under her chin he shut . “Good?”

Chewing in joy, Namjoo drew her shoulders together acting cute for him. “It’s delicious.”

He scoffed but widely grinned.

“I’m going to paint when we get back.” Namjoo professed.

“Oh yea?” he asked. “That’s great.”

“I think I’ll also start looking around to see where I can sell my art.” Namjoo told.

“Good luck. I know you can do it.” He encouraged. He paused, then said, “Namjoo, I’m going home tomorrow.”

“O…oh…” Was all she managed. “I guess…I guess you should.”

She’d been so self-absorbed; she hadn’t thought about the fact Jongin had his own home apart from hers. Of course, he still had his life. His parents. His brother. His uncle. His sister-in-law. She hadn’t pondered whether they knew where he was, if they knew he was staying with her.

Scolding herself too late she should’ve asked earlier when he abruptly appeared at her place. She should be guilty.

But as she watched him pack his duffel bag that evening, she really wanted to ask him not to leave. In just a few days she’d gotten attached. Greatly. Relying on his security. His presence soothing her ache.

Namjoo was suddenly nervous about being alone again without his reassurance. How was she going to survive?

In bed that night she watched him take up the empty space beside her. Soaking in the view, drawing it into memory. She might paint this, too. For her own keepsake. To remember he was here once.

He might not come again.

“What?” Jongin glanced over at her.

“I’m going to miss you.”

His smile made her heart brittle. So handsome. She might paint that too.

Rolling onto his side, he said, “I’ll miss you, too.”

“What if I have another bad dream?” Namjoo childishly asked.

“You can call me. I’ll always pick up.” He promised.

Namjoo tried a smile. Hearing that made her reek joy, but she also dreaded the end of this.

“Ok.” She gave in.

Jongin to his back. Closed his eyes. Namjoo wondered if it was that easy for him. To sleep not thinking about tomorrow when he was gone and no longer around. Perhaps it was. It could be easy for him. He’d been in love before.

“Asleep?” His voice perked her to attention.

The bed shifted under his movements. Namjoo glanced at him just momentarily before he kissed her. Parting her lips, she met his mouth softly then more sensually. She shyly let their tongues touch. Gushing madly the next time she did it. Recognizing the faint taste of her toothpaste.

Namjoo tasted his heated breath. Listened to him breathe hard, felt his chest crush her s. As their legs mingled the heat intensified. Yearning started growing between her legs. In a flash a dozen things zipped through her head. Like he felt right. He made her want things she hadn’t before.

Needing Jongin. Wanting Jongin.

She could literally taste his passion then Jongin broke it off. Wrapping his arms around her he tucked her to his chest, her head under his chin.

Between deep gulps of air, he said, “Don’t look at my face.”

Sweating profusely, Namjoo clung to his shirt smelling his natural musky scent. Nearly driven mad by him. While the quiet drifted in his heart thundered into her ears making her shyer.

“Your heart’s beating really fast.” Namjoo noted.

“Stop listening to it.” Jongin told.

Namjoo giggled enamored. Saying at last, “I don’t want you to go.”

Adjusting his arms around her he said, “I don’t want to, too.”

“Then don’t go.” She whined.

“I should. A business trip can’t last that long.”

Namjoo laughed into his shirt. “But you’ll call me?”

“If you call me.” Jongin bargained.

Laughing more cheerily, Namjoo placed her hand at the width of his back snuggling with him. Dreaming of the day when it would finally be right.

◘⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞◘

“I’m leaving.”

Jongin readily welcomed Namjoo as she threw her arms around him by the door. They squeezed each other then let go sharing a mix of emotions.

“Don’t forget to use the icepack. I put it in the freezer. Keep it nice and cool.” He lightly ran fingers down her bluish-pink cheek. “It’ll look better in a few da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter