Final

LAST PIECE

 

A months before

                Jaebum was the first person who had known about the contract, and next after him was Jinyoung. They had stated their conditions, and yet the company stick with their terms. Therefore, all of them agreed to depart from the company. They have 3 months before the contract ended, every member busy considering new contract with new company. Meanwhile, Jackson is going to focus on his own company.

“Wow, so which one you are going to consider?” Jinyoung said when he saw lots of draft contract on Mark’s coffee table.

Jinyoung put his bag onto the couch and hang his coat.

“None.” Mark said and offered Jinyoung a cup of coffee that he freshly brew, expecting his boyfriend arrival.

Jinyoung frowned.

“Out of more than 10 and you said none, Babe you are seriously too much.” Jinyoung took the cup and Mark sat next to him.

Mark took all the papers, arranged it, and put it under the table.

“Yep.” Mark said nothing else and Jinyoung just let it be.

“I’m going to sign with agency who is focusing in acting. I hope my dream to go to Hollywood will be achieved one day.” Jinyoung leant on Mark’s shoulder.

“You can. I believe in you.” Mark caress Jinyoung’s hair.

“Can I sleep here, today?” Jinyoung made a cute cat eye.

Mark kissed his lip.

“Do you need any permission for that? Silly.” Mark pulled Jinyoung closer, so they were cuddling while enjoying the coffees and watching the variety show.

 

Jinyoung took the meal kit that delivered to Mark front door. Today, Jinyoung planned to cook for lunch and dinner since he had been busy with acting schedule and not able to spend much time with Mark. Jinyoung felt thankful that the world become more convenience, so he can cook likes an expert without any failure.

“Hyung, I’ll make lunch.” Jinyoung shouted at Mark who was playing his game in his gaming room.

Jinyoung looked at his lover who did not listen to what he was talking. Jinyoung walked inside and interlaced his hand with Mark one, which busy clicking on the mouse.

“Live.” Mark said not even looking at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung understood and pulled his hand but Mark pulled him onto his lap.

“Stay.” Mark put his chin on Jinyoung’s shoulder.

Jinyoung giggled and wrapped his hand around Mark’s neck. After a few second, Jinyoung pulled away and mouthed ‘I’m making lunch for us.’.

Mark surprised but reluctantly release Jinyoung from his held. Jinyoung left and ready to cook their lunch. Jinyoung took only half and hour to cook and Mark finished his game just on time.

“Help me with the plating, Hyung.” Jinyoung asked when he saw Mark came out from the gaming room.

“What are you cooking, Sweetheart? It’s smell delicious.” Mark wrapped his hand around Jinyoung who was stirring the soup.

“Chicken soup and fried vegetables.” Jinyoung pointed at the pot which he currently stirred and the plate with fried vegetables on the side for Mark to bring to dining table.

“Love you.” Mark said with a kiss on Jinyoung’s hot cheeks.

“Love you more.” Jinyoung said in silent.

The lunch and the dinner handle by Jinyoung smoothly while Mark were busy packing up his old stuff which Jinyoung thoughts he wanted to store it.

 

Mark was hanging out with Yugyeom while bringing their puppies to walk. Jinyoung busy with his acting schedule so Mark had been missing him for 2 weeks.

“So, you are leaving. Is it final?” Yugyeom asked.

“Yes, that for the best.” Mark leant on the bench and Yugyeom sighed.

“How about Jinyoung-hyung? When you are going to tell him?.” Yugyeom looked at Mark who was looking over the skies.

“I’m going to tell him tonight. He is coming to my house and I’m going to end everything.”

“Are you crazy? Hyung, this is not funny.” Yugyeom laughed bitterly. He could not imagine his two favourite people being broken while in love with each other.

“This is for the best. I did not trust myself to keep our relationship.” Mark knows this is what he had to face when he made his decision, losing his last piece.

“I don’t know if this is right. It just too much.” Yugyeom shook his head and left.

Mark knew better that Yugyeom love them both the same. Hurting Jinyoung is last thing Mark wanted to do but this is for the best.

 

Jinyoung opened the door and he saw Mark was waiting for him in the living room.

“I know you are going to wait for me even though I told you to not to wait.” Jinyoung about to hug Mark but the older pushed him away.

Jinyoung shocked and pouted.

“Okay, I’ll take a bath first.” Jinyoung said with sulking tone because Mark did nothing to explain his action.

“Sit. I have something to talk with you.” Mark said with serious tone and that change Jinyoung mood.

Jinyoung took a sit at a couch away from Mark, he could feel the older do not want him to come closer.

“I’m going back to L.A.” Mark looked at Jinyoung and he saw the younger looked at him in apologetic eyes.

“I’m sorry that I had hold you from going back to L.A. before. I was worried because of this pandemic. I won’t get angry and you can go back.” Jinyoung smiled happily knowing that Mark probably being distance because he did not want them to fight.

“I’m going back for good.” Mark added before Jinyoung could stand up and leave to take a bath.

Frozen, Jinyoung world feel likes frozen.

“So, that is why you did not accept any of the contract and packing your things.” Jinyoung said loud enough for Mark to hear even though it is meaning for himself.

Mark bites his lips, determine but still afraid to see Jinyoung reaction.

“Why you did not tell me that day?” Jinyoung asked.

“I do not want to add to your worry. Now, you have decided about your future company so, I have decided to tell you.” Mark explained.

“Ah…” Jinyoung had nothing else to say.

“…. and let break up.” Mark said after taking a deep breathed.

That one word finally breaks Jinyoung last patient.

“Thing seems easy to you. I’m leaving.” Jinyoung took his coat and walks faster to left the house.

Mark run and grabbed the younger wrist.

“No. It’s not easy and I know you will not understand.” Mark held both of Jinyoung hand and now, they were facing each other.

“Ah… I will not understand. Yes, I do not understand at all. How the two related to each other? How could you throw a bomb, and I am not getting hurt? Do you expect me to accept everything?” Jinyoung shouted with tears breaking out.

“I’m leaving. Let us talk later. My mind is blank.” Jinyoung pulled away and rushed out.

Mark could only look.

 

Two days later, Jinyoung finally able to think clearly despite his busy filming schedule. Mark constant message had been ignored and same goes to his other members who had worried about his health upon Mark decision.

“I come to talk.” Jinyoung said when he entered Mark’s house.

Mark who had expected the visitor was Jinyoung who the only one who have his passcode, already stood up and waiting in the living room.

“Explain to me about everything.” Jinyoung said after taking a seat on the couch.

Mark sighed.

“I’m sorry for telling you everything out of sudden without taking your opinion into consideration, but I thoughts that it is the best for me to think about it alone. Once our company decided not to renew the contract with all members, I only see one bright road for myself. I wanted to be home, back to my family where I can be myself without restriction. I did think about you. I really did but even after considering it, I still want to be there. You are someone so precious to me, you complete me but until when we are going to be together in secret after both of us signed off with different company. I cannot see you whenever I want. We are going to fall apart anyway.” Mark cried as much as he cried when he made the decision.

Jinyoung calmly walked up to Mark and bring the older into a tight hug.

“We can work on long distance relationship. You can stay in L.A. and I’ll be here.” Jinyoung cupped Mark face to look at him.

“That will only work if people knows that you are mine but no, people do not know that. You are an actor, and your career will ruin once people knows about us.” Mark pushed Jinyoung hand away and stood up.

“I won’t change. I will promise you that I’m going to work harder to keep our relationship.” Jinyoung back hugged Mark.

“I’m sorry Jinyoung-ah. My decision is final.” Mark turned around and pushed Jinyoung away from their tight hug.

Jinyoung tried to hold onto Mark waist stubbornly but Mark walked him to the door and pushed him out. Jinyoung stood blankly and stared at Mark door.

“I’m leaving.” Jinyoung finally said after few minutes of staying in front of Mark’s door.

 

Present

 

“So, everything ended.” Bambam asked Mark who had laid on his bed.

“Hm.” Mark said with eyes closed.

“Are you sure? Jackson said Jinyoung is having a mental breakdown in meeting room.” Bambam said while set up his new interior.

Mark remember Jinyoung worried face when they are having meeting this morning. The younger had been trying to hold onto their relationship since Mark break up request, but Mark does not want to give him a hopeless promise.

“What he said to you?” Bambam question since Mark did not give him a respond.

 

When Jaebum left the meeting room with their director, and the other three younger-line members left for their coffee time, the meeting room left with only 3 members.

“You two can talk and think that I’m invisible.” Jackson said and pulled his iPod.

“Hyung, when are you going back to L.A.?” Jinyoung asked.

“I’m not sure yet. There are lots of thing that I need to settle before leaving.” Mark said calmly.

“Thanks for everything. I think this is over for us. I’m accepting your request, and I still hope that we can hang out likes before. Friend?” Jinyoung bitterly smile.

Mark looked at Jinyoung and nodded.

“That the best for us.” Mark could not deny this is so painful.

“I hope you will find someone there who are better than me.” Jinyoung looked at Mark.

“No one can replace you. You are the one that we should talk.” Mark stared at Jinyoung with so much love.

“I guess, you are right.” Jinyoung giggled.

Mark should know, letting go of Jinyoung’s hand also meant for Jinyoung to find another lover, those who are better than Mark could be.

“I’m leaving.” Mark stood up and left the meeting room.

Jinyoung knew better that Mark is hurting inside as much as he does. Jinyoung wanted to call Mark to say that he is sorry, that he loves him so much and he would not accept this break up. All he wanted is to be with him for forever. Nevertheless, likes Mark decided, this is the best. Jinyoung has tired to try convincing Mark again and again.

 

Mark thoughts, that this is the pain he had gave Jinyoung for the past month. Bambam just let Mark answered his question with silent because he knew Mark rather being quite than said what not required.

“Both of you are so meant for each other.” Bambam muttered and message Jackson that Mark reacted the same as Jinyoung.

 

The end year performance practice done with success, Mark and Jinyoung both acted professionally. Since both were best for doing their thing in silent, so nothing looks awkward between the group. Jaebum’s family invited all members to come for new year gathering.

“Should we watch our old good day?” Bambam said ready to open their old varieties memories.

They watched I GOT7 their first variety show and Jinyoung and Mark look at each other when they reach the episode where Mark was officially announcing his love for Jinyoung in public.

“Hollywood.” Jinyoung smirked after listening to Mark wished video for him.

“Ok…ok… the throwback going to stop here.” Youngjae quickly lighten up the mood and Jaebum coughed roughly.

Jaebum’s mother patted Jinyoung hair. Jinyoung likes her other son from different worm, she dotted at him since they met each other.

“Mark is leaving but he still in your heart and I believe you are in his too. Omma knows it.” Jaebum’s mother hugged Jinyoung tightly and Mark could only thanks her with his eyes.

Mark smiles and left to help Jaebum’s father with the BBQ.

 

The day Jinyoung afraid the most, has come. Jinyoung key in Mark passcode and enter the house. Everything has been clean up. Mark stood in between s and Jinyoung smile at them before joining in.

“You had cleaned up everything so well.” Jinyoung said.

“You escape so well from helping me.” Mark brushed Jinyoung’s hair.

The younger giggled.

“Can’t believe that you are leaving tomorrow.” Jinyoung could not hide his sad smile.

“Yes, feel likes just yesterday that I met you.” Mark muttered.

“This one can I keep it as my last piece of you.” Jinyoung showed the ring he wore at his wedding finger.

Mark wanted to hold that hand and kissed it. The only thing he could do is nodded.

“I will keep yours too.” Mark shows his hand.

Jinyoung promise to himself that he will not cry, and he did it. Therefore, he smiled while hiding all the sadness inside. They are missing their important piece of life but who knows what future had planned for them.