Enigma

Bleeding into Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The amount of human interaction Chaewon had on Friday was enough for her to hide in her room most of the weekend, refusing to see other students. Yena and Hyewon were kind enough to bring her food to eat. They didn’t stay long enough to talk because Chaewon kicked them out knowing their (Yena’s) teasing wasn’t over yet. Hyewon told her that Wonyoung came to see her Saturday night but she was out for a run. When Sunday came Wonyoung didn’t come back so she assumed it’s not that important.

Since she had been hiding, she hasn’t seen Minju all weekend either. Although as soon as Monday arrived and Chaewon was forced to attend breakfast at the dining hall Minju was the first to say hi to her. Minju gave a gentle smile to both Hyewon and Yena when she saw them. The two vampires returned it with a curt nod. Yena’s attention quickly turned to Minju’s friend, the same one who was with Minju when they first met. Chaewon assumed that she’s also the “Yuri” Eunbi mentioned last Friday. The wide smile on Yena’s face didn’t escape Chaewon’s eyes. It confused her immensely. Hyewon seemed to be okay about it though.

“They’ve been hanging out since Saturday.”

Hyewon whispered to her after the questioning look she’d been giving her. 

“How?”

Hyewon only shrugged and finally settled on the table. Chaewon could only follow quietly since  Yena and Yuri were already seated and deep in their conversation. Minju only sat back down when she did. Chaewon didn’t feel like joining in on the conversation and focused on her meal tray. She was picking on her food when she felt Minju’s foot nudged hers.

Chaewon looked up, annoyed. If Minju noticed it she didn’t say anything and instead went on to ask her about what would be her first class. Chaewon felt like she had to answer with how bright Minju was smiling at her, anticipating.

“I’ll have English,” Chaewon muttered.

“I have English too, I think Wonyoung mentioned that she’s also taking our class as an advanced class.”

Chaewon really didn’t care about Wonyoung but maybe it’s nice to know that someone she kind of knew other than Hyewon and Yena will also be taking the class she’s in. Minju asked her more about why she hasn’t seen her around to which she lied about how she’s been unpacking and reading her lessons in advance. Minju seemed to be satisfied and let her have her meal in peace.

 The bell rung which Yuri told them serves as the warning bell for first class. All of them gathered their trays and got up to put them away. They saw Eunbi pass by with Chaeyeon beside her. They were talking to someone that looked so much like Chaeyeon. 

“That’s Chaeryeong, Chaeyeon’s younger sister. She’s a junior,” Minju whispered beside her.

Chaewon felt the same eerie feeling she had when she met Chaeyeon emitting from Chaeryeong. Hyewon looked behind her and they shared a knowing glance, indicating that she felt it too. Yena couldn’t be bothered as she’s still talking animatedly with Yuri. Minju as usual remained friendly and waved hi to Eunbi. The girl returned it with a smile but immediately returned her attention back to the sisters.

Yena and Yuri stopped walking and looked behind them. 

“I’ll see you at lunch Minju.”

Minju gave a small smile and a slight nod to Yuri.

“I’ll just walk Yuri to class.” Yena awkwardly pointed towards a different direction from their English class. Hyewon nodded as an acknowledgement. After that Yena and Yuri were gone and it seemed like Hyewon was going a different route too.

“I just remembered that I have to talk to Eunbi,” Hyewon rushed.

“We just passed by them,” Chaewon deadpanned.

“I know and I just remembered now. I’ll catch you in class and save us a seat!”

Hyewon ran back towards the dining hall in a hurry. Chaewon wonders if the pair leaving her was coincidental or on purpose, either way she couldn’t do anything about it anymore. Minju was grinning when Chaewon glanced at her.

“What’s with the smile?” 

“Your friends are a fun pair.”

Chaewon grumbled.

“They’re a mess. They’re here to look after me but in reality they just like messing with me.” Chaewon could feel Minju’s gaze on her as they walked. “They’re both older and I know they carry more knowledge than I would ever learn but sometimes they fail to remind me that they’re not kids.” Chaewon grinned at that and finally met Minju’s gaze.

“You make it seem like they’re so much older than us.”

Chaewon grinned. She didn’t bother coming up with an answer and left Minju to her thoughts, the classroom was near after all. She headed towards the back seat. Minju was about to follow her when some other students called for her, asking to sit with them. She gave Minju a slight nod to let her know it’s okay since the younger girl seemed to be having a hard time saying no. 

Chaewon glared at other students trying to take the seat beside her. All of them knew what’s best fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter