Interview Part 1

"Scandal": The Interview
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

 

Interview Part 1

 

 

Yoo Jaesuk

G-Dragon

Kim Taeyeon

Mizuhara Kiko

 

 

Y:        Yeoreobun! Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Yoo Jaesuk and this is “Heart to Heart with the Grasshopper!!!”

(Audience clapping)

Y:        Wow! We have so many audiences today. You might have heard who our guest today. So without making you wait anymore, let’s welcome the cast of the worldwide hit “Scandal”!!

(Taeyeon, Jiyong and Kiko enter the stage)

Y:        Let me introduce to you our guests. He is called the King of Kpop, the Icon of Fashion. Leader of the Nation’s Boy Group, Big Bang G-Dragon. (The camera then focus on GD and he says hello to the audience). She is called the Queen of Kpop, and the leader of the Nation’s Girl Group SNSD, Kim Taeyeon (Camera focus on her and smile and say hello to the viewers). She is a world renowned model and actress. Fashion Icon and Influencer Mizuhara Kiko! (Say hello to the viewers and audience).

(The audience roar as the three say hello to them and it took a minute before all of them calm down and the three stars take their seat.)

Y:        Still… I can’t believe that the three of you are here? I mean Three top star guesting on this show.

G:        Hyung what are you saying? We love guesting on your show.

T:        Also you are the Nation’s MC so we will surely not decline the invitation.

K:        I am a fan of Infinite Challenge and Running Man so it is an honor for me.

Y:        Aishh…You are all saying that because this show is from SBS.

(They all laugh)

Y:        Yah! GD… You said that you hate acting because you don’t want to see yourself on TV…

G:        Hyung I was force to act here… I still can’t watch my acting on the drama.

Y:        And Taeyeon-shi, it is the first time we all saw you acting. People are praising you and became a fan as they saw you in the drama.

T:        I still can’t believe that myself. Still I was grateful that my actin was well received by the viewers.

Y:        From the three of you Kiko-shi is the only person who done acting in TV. So how did the three of you acting together? I mean you three are so good that this drama became the best drama of the decade as many people call it.

G:        It was back in 2014… (Taeyeon and Kiko just nodded). Right it was in the middle 2014, when my boss asks me to accompany him to a meeting with a producer. He didn’t tell me who and what producer it is and I just accompany him. I was shock to see SM’s chairman Lee Sooman and Taeyeon there and Kiko and her boss too.

T:        I was also like Jiyong. I was getting back from my schedule when my manager told me that SM told me to meet a producer. So when I arrive there, I saw Lee sajangnim and Kiko there.

K:        We talk about how silly we are in our first meeting but as for me, I only know that I was cast for a Korean Drama, but I didn’t know what kind of drama. When I saw Taeyeon-unnie there I thought that I enter the wrong place.

T:        Me too.

G:        So we sat down and greet each other and then the producer came and told us about his plan about a drama. By that time, we didn’t know about what is the theme or plot of the drama were.

Y:        So how do you reacted?

G:        We thought it was a joke. A hidden camera of some sort. I mean Lee sajangnim and Yang sajangnim at the same room… is it possible?

K:        Me too… I mean the drama was so ridiculous that I was angry at my boss to even set me up for a prank.

T:        I even laugh together with Kiko and try to find where are the camera and recording device. I remember our bosses look at us strangely and then scolded us. Jiyong was hit on the head though for being ridiculous and loud.

(The audience laugh at Taeyeon’s story)

T:        After they told us that it was real, the talks about the drama continue. They told us about the plot the expected airing date and also the shoot schedule. I was really confused at first because for all I know in SNSD, Yoona, Yuri, Sooyoung, Seohyun and Jessica are the ones who acts in our group, so when they told me they wanted me to cast me as the lead role I even recommended Yoona.

G:        For me I was adamant not to accept it. I was preparing for our comeback the next year and a full world tour. So I decline the offer flat-out.

Y:        So what made you accept the offer?

G:        The writer.

Y:        The writer?

G:        Yes. She called herself @Kpoponly right? We really didn’t meet but the producer handed us the script for the drama and ask us to read it first before deciding again.

T:        He said that the writer needed us three to actually make the drama remarkable and won’t consider anyone else. When I went back to the dorm and read the script I cried… literally. I don’t know why but even if it was a drama in which we will be acting as us, I felt it was really me on the storyline. Seohyun who was with me at the dorm was worried because she thought there is something wrong with me.

K:        Me too. Even though I play the antagonist, I literally cry while I was reading it from my hotel room.

Y:        What about you GD?

G:        Daesung read it first. (He answer and the crowd laugh)

Y:        Daesung? Why did he read it?

G:        I was busy finishing the songs for our album in 2015 and Daesung saw the script and read it. After a while I heard someone crying and I saw Daesung in tears. Youngbae who was with us recording his part was alarmed and went out to know what was going on. That is when I told them about the drama and literally Daesung said that I should take it. That night I read it and I felt that it was somewhat realistic. I thought I was charmed and seriously the next day I talk to YG about it.

Y:        So you three agree when you read the script?

G: T: K:         Yes.

K:        It was pure coincidence that when I called my boss to agree to the drama, they said that they already know that I will agree so they already said yes.

G: T:               Us too.

G:        Our boss already know that we will agree so they already said yes to the producer. (the audience laugh) Since the official shoot will be in 2015. YG hyung promise me that I will purely just focus on the drama and our Korean comeback and nothing more. So even though I was still hesitating, I accept it.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter