one

A Change of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon didn't like her job. She worked as a manager at the local car wash. Truthfully, it was a simple job. She spent most of her shifts dealing with paperwork or making sure the customers were happy. That didn't make it any less annoying though. No matter what, people seem to always find something to complain to her about, whether it be the fact that they didn't think their car was clean enough or the fact that they accidentally vacuumed up something they weren't supposed to. Either way, it's her job to deal with it, no matter how sickening it is. 

 

Thankfully, they were getting very close to closing time which meant she could finally go home after a long day of being stuck there. Today was particularly exhausting for some odd reason. She was currently surveying the parking lot, which was oddly empty for a Saturday night, the only car being an older one with cute stickers down at the end of the lot. 

 

At first, she didn't pay it any mind, seeing as it isn't unusual for someone to be here at this time of night. It wasn't until she heard a small curse from the other side of the car that she decided to check on the customer. 

 

"Excuse me, is everything okay over here?" She said in the most polite tone she could, despite her tiredness. But when the customer turned and looked at her with an exasperated expression on her face all the exhaustion(and the air in her lungs) left her entirely. The last thing she was expecting is to come face to face with someone who could quite possibly be the prettiest girl she's ever seen. Call her cliche, but Yoohyeon was honestly in awe. 

 

The girl had a slight grimace on her face as she looked at Yoohyeon and still managed to look amazing and sighed, "I know it's late and I know you guys close soon, but- uh, my keys..." 

 

"Your keys..? Oh." Yoohyeon looked up at the compartment of the vacuum where /all/ of the junk collects throughout the day and sighed. 

 

Its like the girl could sense her frustration and immediately began apologizing, "I am so sorry, I didn't mean to. If it was something else I would have just come back tomorrow to get it or something, but it's- well, I kind of need my keys-" 

 

"It's okay," Yoohyeon couldn't help but smile at the girl's little rant. Despite how displeased she was about having to do this, she couldn't lie and say she minded doing for this girl. When she caught the girl's reluctant stare, she flashed her a soft, comforting smile, "truthfully, it happens all the time. Most of the time it's old, sleazy men who end up trying to flirt with me. I'd much prefer helping you out." 

 

Truthfully, she didn't mean to say all that, considering how it is unprofessional or whatever, but seeing the girl's light blush on her face made it worth it.

 

"Well still, sorry about-" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter