Hostage

Incorrect Oneshots

 

 

Sirens were loudly blaring everywhere. Flashes of red and blue filling up the dark night sky. Armed police surrounding the building, where two figures stood, as if ready to jump. Panic was in the air with people weeping and others refusing to look. A black van suddenly pulls up in front of the building and three girls emerge. A police officer immediately heads over to them and informs them of the situation. Seemingly, a crazed man has kidnapped one of the members of the most famous girl group and is asking for compensation, in order to return her.

 

The three girls didn’t panic at all, but rather stood there with defeated expressions. The policeman almost pitied them, since it must be hard to be in such a situation. He reassured them that they will do their best to bring their fourth member back in one piece. The youngest merely shook her head and sighed, “What did you do this time, unnie?” 

 

A spark flashed within the eyes of the oldest and immediately began whispering into the policeman’s ear. He seemed hesitant at first, but then he did as he was told. A few seconds later, he handed the oldest a megaphone. The pink-haired girl next to her looked confused, “What are you doing with that Jisoo-unnie?” But, the girl in question just winked at her, then held the megaphone close to . “Hey you!” she screamed, making everyone around her flinch. She caught the attention of the hooded figure at the top, then he smirked when he realized who it was. “Well, well. Look who we have here.” The two youngest were a little intimidated by his tone, but the eldest was unfazed. “What do you want?” she asked calmly. 

 

The man laughed at her question. “Well, little Jisoo. All I’m asking for is 10,000 dollars in exchange for Ms. Jennie’s life here.” She was skeptical, what kind of person is stupid enough to ask for so little. This man was no more than a rookie it seems. But her line of thought was suddenly interrupted by the sound of static over the man’s megaphone, which was then replaced by the sound of several slaps and punches. Jennie can be heard screaming at him from the top, a few words can be made out from their conversation, and she sounded pretty offended. “You think I’m only worth 10,000 dollars, ?!” was all Jisoo could make out, but it was enough to cause her to question her life decisions. 

 

Jennie then single-handedly pushes the guy off the edge, only for his pants to get hooked to the metal railings. How was she so strong? No one knows. She then grabs the megaphone and booms into it, “MAKE IT ONE BILLION DOLLARS! Pay up es!” Everyone was rendered speechless. Yes, she just said that. Lisa and Rose look at her in disbelief, then silently walk back to their van. Jisoo, already feeling the headache hitting her hard, screams, “Jennie, shut the up!” She swiftly turns on her heel and heads back to follow their maknaes, this wasn’t worth their time, or anyone’s time really. 

 

“But I thought we were family?” Jennie shouts back. Jisoo can’t believe her ears right now, is this woman serious? But, replies anyways, “We are. It’s just that you do realize that if all three of us sell every organ in our body right now, we won’t even have enough to get you back with the price you’re asking for. So no thanks, enjoy your night!” She then takes her seat, but as she is about to close the van’s door, she hears Jennie talk,“Wait.”

“What now?” Jisoo asks dryly.

“What’s for dinner?”

“Since I’m feeling lazy, we’re ordering take out.”

“Thai?”

“Sure, why not.” 

 

Jennie quickly tosses her megaphone and disappears. A minute later, she appears in front of the car, panting hard. Jisoo scoots over and pats on the seat next to her. After all four of them enter the car, the engine starts up and drives away, leaving behind police officers who are seriously questioning their life decisions at this point.