-[4]

Cafe Lost

 

 

‘Is someone going out for his first date?’ 

 

Groaning under his breath, Yesung glared at the elder’s teasing smirk as he grabbed his bag from the hook. Ever since Heechul had overheard his conversation with Siwon the other day, he had been non-stop teasing him all week. Giving an annoyed smile at Heechul, he waved goodbye as he set off for the ‘date’. 

 

Smiling softly to himself as he plugged in his earphones, the sweet aroma of cakes and other delicacies wafting near his nose. Wrinkling his small nose, he jumped when he felt a warm hand placed on his shoulder. 

 

‘Did I scare you?’ 

 

Hearing the other’s warm laugh, he softened slightly, although still defensive. Years from being on the street had taught him not to put down his guard so easily. 

 

‘Nice to meet you….I’m Yesung.’ 

Sticking his hand out, He felt the younger’s large hand envelope his, as they entered the cafe. The familiar smell of coffee hit him right when he entered, leaving a small smile on his face. Even after working at a cafe all day, he still loved being in one. Shrugging off his slightly oversized trench coat, he sat down as Siwon placed his bag on the neighbouring chair. 

 

‘So…..what did you want to talk about?’

 

Biting his lip, Yesung shifted uncomfortably in his seat. The atmosphere was awkward, as both sipped there respective drinks. Tapping his fingers on his thigh, Yesung stared at the dark haired younger, who seemed slightly hesitant at what he wanted to say. His cup of coffee had already cooled down, the tinkling cafe music accompanies their silence. Glancing down at his phone case, the elder’s eyes lit up as he spotted what was slipped at the back of it. 

 

‘Is that?…Is that the 1997 Upper Deck Game Jersey Michael Jordan photo card? That is rarer than…I don’t know….They only ever printed 23 of these photo cards! How did you even get one of these…’ Sitting back, Siwon laughed at the elder’s stunned expression and endless ranting. Had he known that was the only thing he needed as a conversation started he would have taken his phone out a long time ago.  

 

‘I’ve got a few more of these at my house….I used to collect these as a child. Do you want this one? In fact, you could come over to my place and see the rest.....’ 

 

Eyes widening at the proposition, yesung nodded eagerly, dismissing whatever excuse and teasing he would have to put up with the next time he’d go out. About to reply to the invitation, he stopped when he heard what the younger had to say. 

 

‘But you owe me a favour…’ 

 

Rolling his eyes, he weighed his options. He absolutely hated being indebted to anyone, but Siwon was perhaps an exception. He knew he could trust the man, after he saved his life. Sticking his hand out, he stared the younger dead in the eye. ‘You’ve got a deal.’ A smirk lighting up on Siwon’s face, he shook the elder’s hand as he stood up. 

 

‘Well, I’ve got an appointment to get to now…..but lets meet up again!’ Nodding sweetly at the younger, Yesung smiled to himself. This had gone better than he thought, albeit the awkward start. Standing up as well, he paid for their coffee as he pushed the glass door onto the busy street. Placing his earbuds back in place, he hummed happily.  Turning around the corner, he accidentally bumped into a hurrying man, who immediately apologised before rushing off. Crouching down, he stared at the dropped name card. 

 

‘Lee Hyukjae?’ 

 

Furrowing his brows, he placed it into his bag, before heading back to the cafe.