Life

Home

Third POV

The sun shining so bright that day. Just a perfect day to start the day with a cup of coffee before heading to the office. For everyone it was something they would cherish and enjoy. But not for one woman. A cup of coffee is a nightmare for her. Instead of coffee she enjoy a cup of soda.

Waking up after having a two hours of sleep, she crawled out from her comfy bed and pull herself away from the thing that could make her go to sleep again. Moving forward towards her walk-in closet which right behind the television.

A wall separate the walk-in closet and her bedroom. Once she's in there, she doesn't need to choose which outfit she should wear today. Because everyday, she have someone who prepare it.

Of course she will approve the outfit days before she wears it. She took the outfit that has been prepared on the desk which is in the center of the walk-in closet. Heading towards the bathroom which connected to the walk-in closet. 

She just need to walk straight and open the door to the bathroom.

After she clean herself, she would go downstairs and eat the breakfast while waiting for her cauver to pick her up. He should be waiting for her already. 

Like the other days, she would eat breakfast alone and someone had already prepare all the food she should eat in the morning. Just a simple seaweed soup then she walk out from her house and always greeted by her cauver.

"Good morning, Miss Bae"

"Good morning, Kibum" she answer back while getting herself inside the car.

Sitting on the back sit, she would get herself busy with her ipad. To see her schedule for today and reading the current business news. It's her everyday routine and the woman name Bae Joohyun never find it interesting anymore.

But for someone that live in a completely different life, starting a day will be something very hard for her to do. After the tons of workload she finally finished last night, all she want to do right now is going back to sleep.

Night turn day and it only mean she need to work again. In a workplace she thought she will never fit in. Waking up due to the noisy alarm, the young woman push herself to turn off the alarm.

Only to get herself fall down the bed and hurt herself by hitting the cold wooden floor.

"Arghh....it hurt" said the woman.

"YA YOU LAZY HEAD! WAKE UP! IT'S TIME TO WORK!" 

"I just finished my work last night! Give me a break!" 

"Ya, Kang Seulgi. You know your boss is a killer, right?" 

She forget about that for a second and she groaned in frustration. With her remaining concious, she get herself up, tidy herself abit. At least making herself look more presentable.

Just from the way her friend calling her, she knew she's about to be late for work. So it's best if she clean herself in the office than here. Don't worry, she done that plenty of time.

Faster than Flash, she wear the outfit for today and walk out from her room only to be greeted by her best friend, Park Sooyoung a.k.a Joy. What would she be without Joy in her life?

She would probably late for work all the time.

"Seulgi, are you serious going to wear that outfit?" asked Joy who have her eyes judging her outfit.

Seulgi is wearing her oversize beneath her brown t-shirt and a jean. For a second you may thought there is nothing wrong with her outfit but for Joy it's very wrong.

Why?

Because she wore those last night. 

"I don't have time to change. Let's go!" 

It was a very usual day and routine for both woman. But what makes both of them different is one wish to have a normal life yet the other wish to have extraordinary life.

Inside the car, the young woman look through the window car and staring at each building they pass through. The thought about what it be like to work in such work place? What it be like to work in a famous firm? What it be like to dress formally and meet with dozen of people every week?

What it be like to live under a big roof with lot of maids serve you and you don't need to think what outfit you should wear the next day and wake up without any burden of money?

What would it be like? Seulgi want to know and wish it could happen to her one day. 

As for the other person, she would ask what it be like to be normal? What it be like to live under a small roof? What it be like to fight for money? What it be like to live without glamour? And just live a peaceful life without worrying about clients satisfaction?

She want to know what it's like to live a normal life...a life full of love and smile. Because all she do for the past years, is living her fake life...with home that doesn't feel like home after what happened years ago. 

Arriving infront of the building, she got out from the car after her cauver open the door for her. Walking through the sliding door, every employees stop from what they were doing and took their time to bow to their boss.

More as their CEO of Bae Company. A business company that focus on technology development and research. Bae company is known for being the best when it comes to technology and currently they are busy after received a collaboration with game company. A game that become the most talk among the young adults. Which are their main market for their new technology.

Before going to her office, she is greeted by her secretary also her best friend, Kim Jennie. She has been working for her ever since Joohyun become the CEO. A 'present' from her late father. Something that she never wanted before but to respect his will, her mother begged her to take it and control the company.

Being a good daughter she is, she have no reason to resist the offer. Not because the amount of money she received but because she wanted to respect her late father and protect the company her father has built from the ground. 

"Good morning, Joohyun"

"Morning, Jennie. Did the deal went well yesterday?" 

They let themselve get into the elevator and Jennie press the 20 floor which is where Joohyun office is.

"Yes it does. All you need to do next is to attend the pre-launching which is at 3pm" said Jennie and Joohyun nodded.

"Oh and Joohyun"

"What is it Jennie?" asked Joohyun after she sense something fishy behind Jennie's tone.

"I was wondering if you already consider my resignation letter?" 

Her head turns to face Jennie with a surprise look and seems trying to remember if she ever received a resignation letter from Jennie. 

"Your resignation letter? You mean Tzuyu's?" asked Joohyun trying to understand the situation.

"No, Joohyun. My resignation letter. Mine" said Jennie emphasizing the word mine. 

The elevator bell ring indicating they have arrive to the 20 floor and yet none of them walk out from the elevator. Joohyun's eyes still staring at Jennie with unreadable face and Jennie knew Joohyun is trying to avoid her resignation letter.

 

"I don't think I can pick you up later. The company will have pre-launching event and I would probably come home late" 

"Sure. I will ask Kim Yerim to pick me up later" said Seulgi once she get out from the car.

"Text me once you got there, okay?" said Seulgi to Joy and the girl nodded.

Seulgi make sure she run towards the house which are located in a small alley. What does she do to live? She's an artist who sell painting to buyers. 

She graduated from art school and her dream is to become the famous painter from South Korea. Everybody acknowledge her talent and many companies want to hire her.

But for some reasons she turn down those offer and ended up here. In a house with only ten employees with one boss. Their selling is not that good for the past two years yet they still survive. 

How? None of the employees know and they could only hope they would still survive until five more years. But it seems their wish have to stop right here.

As Seulgi open the door, she could see her friends gather in the center of the living room that has been modificated into workplace. With each employees have one space for them to draw and to make arts.

"I'm sorry for being late! Hey, what are you gu-"

"Shtttt!!!!" said all of them together.

The woman wonder what is going on around here until she vividly could hear those loud voice coming out from her boss office. Screaming and anger fill the room and Seulgi could only think for the worse.

"Eun Na. What's going on?" asked Seulgi towards the short black hair girl.

"It seems we're going to end out contract a little sooner than it should be" 

By that, Seulgi knew what it mean. Her worse nightmare is about to start.