Four

Caffeine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey," Yuri greeted followed with a groan by Nako who simultaneously flopped on the chair next to Minjoo. 

 

 

"Morning," 

 

 

"Didn't get any sleep last night?" Minjoo chuckles at the sight of the two girls barely opening their eyes. 

 

 

"Their late night talk got longer than usual so they're running on no sleep." Hitomi adds, taking a sip of her coffee. 

 

 

"What were you guys talking about that made you stay up this late?" 

 

 

"Chicken feet." the two girls said at the same time. 

 

 

"You guys stayed up talking about chicken feet?" 

 

 

"We also talked about different things you know," 

 

 

"Yeah, like how i know a lot of inappropriate things about Nako," 

 

 

"Yuri, that sounds so wrong," Hitomi grimaced at the wrong choice of words Yuri used. 

 

 

"I didn't mean it like that!" 

 

 

"This is why Hitomi thinks we have something between us," Nako grumbled. 

 

 

"What?! Nako and I? No no no no, Hii-chan you have to know that this bean right here only has eyes for—" 

 

 

"Eyes for?" Hitomi raising an eyebrow towards Yuri who's currently in a headlock by Nako 

 

 

"No one." Nako smiles at Hitomi before whispering at Yuri. "Keep your mouth shut when it comes to Hii-chan or else." 

 

 

"Or what?" Yuri grinned. 

 

 

"Your lovely crush towards a certain senior will be exposed." 

 

 

"Yes, ma'am." Yuri gulped frightened at the threat the latter gave. 

 

 

"Are you guys done keeping secrets?" Minjoo asks. seeing both girls are too occupied with their argument. "if i didn't know any better I'd think you guys are keeping something from us," 

 

 

"Oh my god. Are you guys dating?" Hitomi exclaims. 

 

 

"Nako is not my type!" Yuri scoffs "and besides if i had to choose out of you three, you're my bet," fluttering her eyes towards Minjoo. 

 

 

"I'm flattered but no thanks," 

 

 

"You just got rejected!" Nako snickers. 

 

 

"Oh shut up, you're in the same situation here, you can't say that against me." 

 

 

"i thought we agreed not to talk about that?" 

 

 

Sensing another argument starting, Hitomi quickly intervened between the two. "It's early in the morning and you guys are arguing again, give me one peaceful morning please." 

 

 

Minjoo chuckles at the familiar scene. It's only been a week since she met them but somehow she feels like they've been friends for a long time. Even though Minjoo was a new addition to the group she never felt left out. That's why Minjoo was thankful for them taking the initiative to talk to her first. she's really glad to have met these wonderful people. 


 

"Minjoo-ah want to join us for lunch later?" Hitomi asked.

 

 

"We're going to get some tteokbokki and cheese balls because we've been craving for it since last night." Nako added. 

 

 

"Cheeseballs?" 

 

 

"The cheeseballs there are so good we all love it!" Yuri exclaims. "There's a lot of great food there and you said you haven't been around this area so it's a great way to show you all the good restaurants here." 

 

 

"Sure! I can't wait for it" 

 

 

"Yes! we will bring you to different places later so prepare your wallet!" Nako grins. 

 

 

"Don't scam Minjoo to pay for your food," says Hitomi narrowing her eyes towards Nako. 

 

 

"I am not going to!" 

 

 

"As if, you made me pay for everything when we first ate out together!" Yuri complained. 

 

 

"You paid for it willingly, i did not scam or force you to pay for it." Nako shrugged. 

 

 

"Why you little—" 

 

 

*rings*

 

 

Hyewon🥰

 

 

"Oh, that's mine sorry, let me just take this real quick," Minjoo smiles at the contact name before excusing herself from the three. "Hey babe..." 

 

 

"Babe? I'm not the only one who heard it right?" Yuri asks, following Minjoo with her eyes who's currently walking away from them. 

 

 

"Yep, she definitely said babe." Hitomi confirms. 

 

 

"Well, with her looks and personality I wouldn't be even surprised that she has a boyfriend." Nako adds. 

 

 

"A boyfriend? seriously? I thought you know better than that Nako," Yuri scoffs. 

 

 

"What? you're saying that she has a girlfriend instead?" 

 

 

"Yes of course! My gaydar broke when I met her because her gayness can’t be measured. It's over 9000!" 

 

 

"Are you sure it's not because she was hot?" 

 

 

"I- Thats true but it's not because of that." Yuri defends. "Look at her lovestruck face while talking. She looks so soft and happy. Like damn she looks so pretty–" 

 

 

"Your gayness is showing." 

 

 

A cough.

 

 

"Anyways, what i'm saying is that Minjoo is too pretty to date a guy." 

 

 

"Why assume when you can just ask her? Minjoo's nice, I'm pretty sure she'll tell you if you ask nicely." Hitomi suggests. 

 

 

"But isn't it awkward to ask something like that? What am I supposed to ask? Do I go, Hey Minjoo are you gay?" 

 

 

"That's too direct. Can't you think of a better way to word it?" says Nako. 

 

 

"Then you ask." 

 

 

"Why me? you go do it!" 

 

 

"You're curious too! You ask!" 

 

 

"No! You were the one insisting that she has a girlfriend instead so you do it!" 

 

 

"You do it!" 

 

 

"No! YOU DO–" 

 

 

"Okay stop." Hitomi intervenes. "Yuri, you ask." 

 

 

"The favouritism is clear, Hitomi." 

 

 

" to be you. Hitomi's word is absolute." Nako snickers. 

 

 

"Just ask nicely." says Hitomi motioning to Minjoo who just finished her call and is now coming back to join them. 

 

 

"I'm back, what did I miss?" Sensing a weird silence between them, Minjoo raises her eyebrows towards Yuri who's fidgeting with her hands. "Is everything okay?" 

 

 

Taking a deep breath, Yuri blurts out a question. "Are you single?" 

 

 

"Am I what?" 

 

 

"I said to ask her nicely! Not like this!" Hitomi scolds, pinching Yuri's ear. 

 

 

"What she meant is, are you in a relationship? We didn't mean to eavesdrop on your conversation but before you left we heard you say babe when you answered the call." Hitomi explains. 

 

 

"Ohh, that's fine. I'm not hiding it anyways." Minjoo reassures them. "Yeah, I'm dating someone. Is it a big deal?" 

 

 

"Oh no it's not. Is he treating you well? Based on your conversation it seems like he's a great boyfriend." Nako compliments. 

 

 

"Girlfriend." 

 

 

"What?" 

 

 

"I'm dating a girl not a guy." 

 

 

"HA! I told you she was gay!" Yuri shouts. 

 

 

"Don't announce it to the world..." Nako winces.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter