Two

Caffeine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arriving at their shared apartment, Hyewon crashed on the couch tired from the date she had with the younger. After lunch, the couple had decided to continue their date in a nearby park by their home. Hyewon proposed the idea of taking photos of each other and also to tour Minjoo around the neighbourhood. Minjoo was excited for it! She had only seen a glimpse of the neighbourhood through car rides but never really had the chance to explore it fully to experience it. Minjoo thanked Hyewon with a quick kiss on the cheek before sprinting down to her room to get a camera. 

 

 

Minjoo has taken interest in film photography ever since Hyewon introduced it to her. The complexity of how to use a film camera— especially a manual one, fascinates her. Minjoo was hesitant at first when Hyewon had her try it. She was never a person who took good photos and was not confident about it but Hyewon reassured her that there's no bad photo in film photography. After developing her first roll of film, she was amazed with how it turned out. Well, Hyewon was her subject and you can never really take a bad photo when the older girl's face is already perfect.

 

 

Looking through the photos she took, Minjoo understood why Hyewon said that there's no bad photo in film. Some of the photos are blurry but there is just a certain vibe around it. She can't explain it but for Minjoo, she feels like film photography is personal and a bit romantic. It's not just because she took a photo of her girlfriend– whom she loves very much but its just the fact that the whole idea and execution of film is very romantic. That's when Minjoo fell in love with film photography and now she has a small collection of different cameras. 

 

 

Finally settling with a small camera Minjoo excitedly comes out of her room. Minjoo slowly approached the older girl who was peacefully resting on the couch with her eyes closed. Sensing a figure beside her, Hyewon opened her eyes and was met with her girlfriend, "Oh you're using an automatic one today?" Noticing a small compact camera dangling around Minjoo's neck.

 

 

"Yeah, it's getting a little bit dark outside so i wanted to bring a camera with flash built into it." 

 

 

"Great choice, if you had brought a manual one it would've been heavy to carry around." Hyewon adds, walking towards the door with Minjoo following closely behind. Hyewon then looks at Minjoo, she sees how the younger girl has her lips in a pout checking her bag if she had brought everything. Hyewon smiles and hands Minjoo her jacket before putting on her own. 

 

 

"Minjoo-ya lets go, I'm pretty sure you didn't forget anything. We'll stop by the store later and buy chocolates okay?" Minjoo looks at Hyewon and nods, intertwining her hands with the older girl. Hyewon smiles at the action and tugs Minjoo closer to give her a small peck on the cheek before leading them out of the apartment. 

 

 

// 

 

 

It's been a few hours since they've left the apartment and Minjoo had used two film canisters already. Taking a small break Minjoo offered to buy ice cream for the both of them, so now she's sitting on a swing waiting for her girlfriend to arrive. Feeling the cold breeze, Hyewon looked up to see the night sky filled with stars and fell into her deep thoughts. It's been half a year since Minjoo and her have been dating yet none of her friends knew about Minjoo. It's not like Hyewon is hiding Minjoo from her friends or anything, it's just that whenever Hyewon brings it up she always gets interrupted and when she doesn't get interrupted they don't believe her! <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter