Prologue

There’s a Boundary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rules.

Rules and boundaries are always established for a reason and one reason only, to protect us from our greatest enemies, ourselves.

As human beings, we are not to be trusted on our own. We have desires and needs that can and might even be too dangerous for our own good. This is why the government has a set of laws to follow, why businesses have a set of laws to follow, and why workers have a set of rules and laws to follow. Organizations, schools, drivers, families, children, and even babies have a certain set of rules to follow, well a certain set of rules that are waiting for them to be followed.

Just like a predestined meeting and rule, Yena and Chaewon have been best friends since they were in diapers, as their parents were close friends. The two grew up together and usually do everything together, like playing around and getting into trouble together (well, that’s mostly on Yena’s part and Chaewon just gets dragged into it). The two are also polar opposites, as Yena is a social butterfly, while Chaewon was more of the reserved and quiet type. But they also shared a lot of things in common, especially their laid back attitude, talent, and popularity. As Yena is a part of the dance squad and basketball team, while Chaewon is a part of the school choir and student council. Their school even dubbed them as the school’s aces because they were plainly just great in a lot of things, like a jack-of-all-trades.

Yena comes from a family of four, well six technically because of her two dogs, while Chaewon comes from a family of five. Yena’s family consisted of her dad, mom, older brother, and two dogs, Bibi and Ganjang. She also has a very close relationship with her family, and they were surprisingly quite accepting too when she came out to them a couple of years back. Chaewon’s family, on the other hand, consisted of her dad, mom, older sister, and younger sister. Like Yena, Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter