Eleven

Heimwee - Epilogue

Jungkook wakes up with a full recharged energy. There was no nightmare or anything, he slept perfectly comfortably last night. He looked around because he didn't remember Yeri came home last night. He has thoughts about her not actually wanting to stay with him here. Maybe she’s using her work as an excuse.

 

"I don't think it's right.."

 

But when he heard her voice from outside of his room, he started to gain trust again. He stays on his bed to make sure that the voice he hears is real and not his imagination and when he hears Yeri's whines, he is sure that it was her. He gets out and Yeri is here. She stands in his kitchen while looking at her phone seriously.

 

He does nothing but watch her from afar when he realizes that she's watching something on her phone, and following it steps to cook. She looked messy but cute and pretty of course. She slowly lost her patience when she failed to follow the instruction or when the video was too fast for her to watch.

 

"Why is it so hard?"

 

She gave up in the end, she took off her apron and stopped the video while sighing and staring at the floor, her expression was so full of disappointment.

 

"I'll take the corn soup anytime."

 

She laughs while covering her face when he finally talks to her and takes a seat in front of her, watching all the mess she created in his kitchen.

 

"Why am I so bad at this? My mom owned a restaurant, I should've picked up something from her."

 

She sounds so frustrated.

 

"The corn soup is good, it's always good, you do pick up something."

 

He uses his hands to fix her messy hair and Yeri seems to agree with what he said.

 

"I'm sorry about yesterday."

 

"If it's hard for you to stay here, then don't do it."

 

Yeri stopped his hands from fixing her hair and looking straight into his eyes.

 

"You don't need to come here early in the morning to make me breakfast and be here at night just because I wanted to see you while I'm having dinner."

 

She's rolling her eyes at him for what he said.

 

"I'm still not coming home since yesterday, I slept here."

 

She speaks in a firm intonation, she even showed him a suitcase he brought back to her a few days before.

 

"I asked Bona to send this back here."

 

He stares at the suitcase and back at her, who seems annoyed already.

 

"I even changed your clothes last night, because you were sleeping in your suit and.."

 

"It was you?"

 

He found it odd that he remembered sleeping in his work attire but woke up with his pajamas. He thought he changed his clothes before going to bed, but it turns out that it was Yeri.

 

"I really meant what i said yesterday, I'll work hard to take care of you, don't worry about me running away again, beside there is something going on for me either, i won't leave."

 

"What was it?"

 

He holds Yeri's hand and drags her to stand in front of him as he puts his arms on her waist, taking her closer. She seems hesitant to answer this question because she plays with his hair instead of talking now.

 

"Tell me."

 

So he asked her again. She moved her hands from his hair to his face, looking straight into his eyes and smiles while sighing.

 

"I think I fell in love with you again like how I did the first time."

 

It was a really good thing to hear that he smiled so wide without even controlling it properly. He's glad to hear that, whatever Yeri meant with it.

 

"How?"

 

"I don't know, but my heart flutters every time you touch me like it was my first time, I hate seeing you leave for work, I want to come home fast when I'm attending schedules, and I keep wanting to do something for you, just like this messy breakfast cooking.."

 

She uses her hands to point to the mess she created and he looked at it. It looks like a mess but still looks better compared to how clean and empty it was for his whole life living here.

 

"That's why, I don't think I can leave even if I wanted to.

 

She ends her talk with a squeeze on his cheeks after kissing him. Her smile looked so genuine that he doesn't have any doubts over what she just said. He believes every word of it.

 

"I even cancelled my monthly meeting today so I can stay here and not go anywhere until you come home."

 

Jay and Bona were furious about this, but when she told them about how she ruined a promise last night, they let her off. It was part of their mistake too, her schedule was supposed to end early yesterday.

 

"I really want that corn soup for dinner, seriously."

 

Jungkook lets her go from his arms while taking a little trash from the kitchen and brings it down to the first floor. He enters his office and back with his ready to take bag. He prepared for another work day as she watched him. It's actually fun to watch him without feeling guilty over the nightmare that happened earlier or his lack of sleep. It's so healing that she actually enjoyed it.

 


***

 

Yeri's plan was slightly ruined when Mrs. Kim came here around noon, she's completely surprised to see her.

 

"So you came here every week?"

 

Mrs. Kim told her that this is the day where she brought fresh food for Jungkook.

 

"So you're living here now?"

 

Instead of answering her question, she introgate Yeri instead.

 

"Your apartment is fixed. Why are you here?"

 

"No reason, I just wanted to be here."

 

"Yeri-ya.."

 

"Mom.."

 

Yeri is aware why her mother feels worried and thinks that she's not behaving well for bothering Jungkook after what she'd done to him before.

 

"I know what I did wrong, I'm here to fix everything."

 

"Stop giving him a hard time."

 

"I'm trying."

 

She said everything and explained herself genuinely, it takes time to convince her mother but she said she will trust her.

 

"You don't need to come here anymore, I'll take care of his food."

 

Mrs. Kim burst out laughing when she was going to leave and Yeri gave her order. She thinks it's ridiculous.

 

"I'm more worried about you than him. You are worse at cooking than Jungkook."

 

"Can you just give me a chance to try? I'll work hard, I promise."

 

Even though she knows exactly why she barely has any chance. She started to get annoyed at being doubted repeatedly by her own mother. 

 

"Alright, until when you're going to stay here?"

 

"I'm not sure."

 

Her mom said nothing regarding the period of her staying but she does tell her she doesn't like Yeri's staying with her boyfriend like this. Her mother never talked about her concerns since she almost never listened to her when she was young. She did everything according to how she wanted, some acts that were inappropriate were also done. Both of her parents were having a hard time because of it.

 

"I'll think about it. Your concerns."

 

She gives Mrs. Kim a hug as she’s leaving and her mom seems quite emotional, she even said that Yeri already looked like a grown up adult with the fact that she’s considering her opinion about her way of living.

 

Yeri spent the rest of her night making a good portion of corn soup and talking with Bona about their meeting today. She spent her days quite nicely even though she didn't go anywhere. She watched a lot of cooking videos and asked her mom to write down a few recipes for her.

 

It’s almost midnight when Jungkook finally comes home and even though she’s so tired from waiting for him, she’s still able to welcome him in front of the door just like how he wanted it. He is not expecting what she did but still looks happy and grateful with her efforts.

 

"I made corn soup, but I think you should eat proper food."

 

Yeri serves him a familiar type of food, the way it looked is also not strange. He lifts her face to her because he knows who the chef is.

 

"My mom came here. She didn't know I was here."

 

"She's been filling up my fridge for the past few weeks."

 

"She told me."

 

Yeri told him to eat so he does, Mrs. Kim is always a good cook that he doesn't even bother with the fact he needs to eat all of this at dawn. He's stealing a few glances at Yeri who does nothing but watch him. She looked tired.

 

"Is it good?"

 

He finished his food without fail and Yeri was surprised to see it. She even asked him about the food. He nods his head lightly.

 

"I have something to give you"

 

He isn't sure if this is a good way or timing to do this or not, but he already made up his mind, he's been thinking about this for such a long time and his critical mind found nothing disadvantageous to trying this. He takes out the ring he bought earlier from his pocket, he ordered it without any case or box because he doesn't want Yeri to know what he's planning to do.

 

"Take this and be part of my family. I meant it."

 

Yeri stares at the ring without blinking before she's looking straight into his eyes.

 

"Stay here as my wife, listed your name on my family registration, bring all your stuff here.."

 

Yeri used her hands to cover his mouth and told him to stop talking while putting her finger in front of . He stopped just like how she wanted it.

 

“I’ll pretend I didn't hear this.”

 

Yeri doesn't know how to react, deciding about this is not easy and Jungkook knows it better than anyone else. She pulls her hands slowly and stares at Jungkook who takes a deep breath after being blocked to open his mouth.

 

"What kind of husband do you want?"

 

She puts down her head to a table in front of her when the first word comes out from his mouth is regarding the husband she never thought about ever.

 

"I'll think about this, but for now can we pretend like this conversation never happened? I don't want any burden or pressure, I'll tell you my stance when I feel like it."

 

"For how long?"

 

"As long as I need."

 

She can hear a long sigh from him but he gives up at the end and nods his head quickly.

 

"Who gives you an idea to do this out of nowhere?"

 

Yeri finds herself ridiculous that she was the one who wanted to stop talking about this but also the one who brought it back again.

 

"You should listen to what you told me this morning. The idea came from you of course."

 

Jungkook left her and she does nothing but thinking that she's probably at fault.

 

"I was just being honest."

 

****

 

Yeri wakes up after another good sleep, she gets up early because she has something to work on, she needs to make adjustments here and there on her schedules. 

 

She started to work after serving a warm portion of breakfast for Jungkook. She was still thinking about what happened last night, and there were parts of her who were actually so eager to say yes to live here as a wife. It's only been a few days but she feels comfortable with it. She already got used to seeing Jungkook when he wakes up, she doesn't really have any complaints about him.

 

Just like right now, she already spent her working time watching him prepare for work, he does everything by himself and not even asking her to do anything.

 

"Are you sure you need a wife?"

 

He is in the middle of wearing his ties when she asks and he's smiling because of her question.

 

"I don't think I ever told you I needed a wife."

 

Yeri knows she is the one who asked him to pretend last night didn't happen but it is still annoying to get teased so early in the morning. She's back to her work and ignores him who clearly laughed at her.

 

"Why?"

 

She's glancing at him who's done with his suit and now looking for his watch in his drawer while asking her.

 

"I mean.. you did everything well all by yourself. I remember my mom needed to prepare my dad's suit, shoes, she knew where everything was when she asked."

 

 "I'm pretty sure she knows nothing at the beginning too."

 

"So you wanted me to learn?"

 

He's done with his watch and now comes to her with a smile. He's kneeling next to her while asking for a kiss which she gives him.

 

"I don't need a wife if it wasn't you. I could just hire a secretary to do those things."

 

"That was a really good thing to hear."

 

Yeri smiled so wide while avoiding his eyes. She looked so pretty and Jungkook started to believe that she really said the truth when she told him that she fell in love all over again for him. It showed in every reaction she gave him for the past few days.

 

"But I still need time to think..so let's stop this talk and i'll come to you with an answer one day."

 

 She pushes him while getting up from her seat and he does nothing but watch her leave.