Chapter 7

To The Beautiful You - My Version

Eun Gyeol’s POV

“I know you are all keen to take a picture with our Miss Jae Hee, but to do this in an orderly manner, please gather on your right. Only come up here when your ticket number is announced. Lets’ begin with the number 0001.”

While waiting for their turn, Sulli and Krystal decided to sample the waffles they had bought. In order to meet the 10,000 won requirement, they almost bought all the flavours available. Since there was a lot, they offered me to help them finished as much as possible.

“I love the apple stew one. This is the first time I eat waffle of this flavour. It’s actually quite good but nobody thought of it,” Sulli praised.

“You know what? That was my idea,” I declared proudly. “And the apple stew was made by my umma. It’s her speciality.”

“Wow, homemade goodness! I feel so honoured to try it.”

“If you like it, I can ask my umma to make extras for you whenever she is free to do so.”

“Aww. Then I shall thank you in advance.”

“No problem at all. Krystal do you want to try some too?”

“Thanks, but I am allergic to apples,” Krystal explained sadly.

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. I didn’t know something as healthy as apples can cause allergy,” I felt bad about leaving Krystal out. “Anyway, I hope you like at least one of the other flavours.”

“It’s ok. The strawberry one is good. That’s my favourite.”

“Ah, that reminds me. Jae Hee asked me to save a strawberry waffle for him,” I slapped my forehead. Thank goodness Krystal brought it up, though unintentionally.

“Jae Hee likes strawberry flavours? He has such a ‘manly’ taste,” Sulli scoffed. I snickered at her comment.

“Number 0080,” the class monitor announced. That was Sulli’s number. Most of the customers were either polite or in a dreamy state when they approached Jae Hee. However, Sulli took a look at Jae Hee and broke into a long hearty laugh. She then stopped a while to calm herself down. Just as everyone expected her to get ready to pose with Jae Hee, she burst into another round of laughter, this time bending down to crouch her stomach.

“You… you… you look hilarious, hahahahhhahhahahahah……” Sulli pointed at Jae Hee.

“Is she okay?” I asked Krystal.

“Don’t worry. That’s just Sulli being erm… Sulli. Once she starts laughing at something she perceives to be funny, she has trouble stopping.”

“I see. I like the way she laughs though,” I wasn’t being sarcastic or anything. I meant it.

“Me too,” Krystal said shyly.

“Can someone please remove that crazy woman from the spot and send her to an asylum? The others are waiting,” Jae Hee requested impatiently, waving his hand in the exit direction.

“Jae Hee, we cannot do that. She’s a customer and customers are always right,” the class monitor tried to appease him.

“Then what shall we do?” Jae Hee turned to Sulli, “Yah! Are you done?”

“Ok hahaha!” Sulli made her way to Jae Hee’s side. She passed her mobile phone to the photographer.

“Smile.”

Their smiles caught my attention. With long hair, Jae Hee and Sulli looked almost like each other, right down to the eye smile. I had seen Jae Hee’s eye smile many times, but I didn’t know Sulli smiled like that too. Instinctively, I took out my mobile phone and took a shot of the two myself.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Krystal’s question made me jumped with fright. I quickly hid my phone but she held my hand to stop me. “Let me see what you have taken.”

I did as told. “They look like sisters, don’t they?”

“I noticed it just now. Since you say so, it means my eyes are ok.”

Krystal and I admired the photo together in silence. For once my attention was not on Jae Hee.