ONE

WAIT FOR ME?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE



A woman in her mid twenties came rushing towards the airport entrance, carrying a small handbag in one of her arms and a luggage in tow. She hears her name being broadcasted across the place, calling for her attention to board the plane. With hurried steps she made her way to the terminal gates to catch her flight, being the last passenger to step aboard she was greeted by a flight crew and assisted her to her assigned seat. An exasperated sigh escaped her lips once she was settled on her seat. A minute or so, she'll eventually miss her flight; fortunately she arrived just on time.

Earlier that morning, after receiving an unexpected call from a friend across the globe, spilling some news which caught her off guard. Feeling distressed by the sudden news, without second thoughts she hastily packed her clothes and a couple of things, leaving her whole apartment in a mess. Booked the earliest flight available, back to Korea; her motherland.

Minutes passed since the plane had its takeoff, she remained calm for the past minutes as she grew accustomed to flying from here and there; sitting just by the window, staring blankly at the bright skies that greets her. Wishing the flight to be a little bit faster than expected, given that it will be a longer flight. Imagine how tiring it would be, from Canada to Korea?

Soon, thoughts and memories started to fill her head, enough to occupy her mind for the rest of the flight.

A bittersweet memory of hers.



"Happy Birthday Hyunnie.." 

"Seul, aren't I a bit too old for this?" the celebrant exclaims after removing the blindfold that was covering her eyes a while ago.

She scanned the whole place, mouth agape as the surroundings came into view. It was a bit of an understatement to say that the place looked amazing, it was beyond than that. It was crafted to her liking, very pleasing to her eyes, yet a bit childish.

It was a children's playground; it used to be. It was then abandoned as years went by, establishments started to conquer the area, and people seemed to have taken more interests on the sudden surge of technology, especially in the field of entertainment.Nowadays, people seldom visiting places such as this, they're too invested with this thing called 'virtual reality''.

The timeworn swings, the old and rusty slides, the wrecked and dusty seesaws, and everything that can be seen in a playground, were repaired and repainted back to its original form making it looked like a newly established piece of land. Then there was an addition to the place, about at the most center part of the playground, there stood a treehouse in it's full glory, a warm light seeping through the windows, illuminating the whole plac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter