Special Christmas Search

In search of the perfect Christmas gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Last minute thing, but you all know I love my older Joyri, kid Seulrene concept to pieces. So here we have little Joohyun who needs her older sis Yerim and her gf Sooyoung to help her find the perfect gift for someone very special to her, before Christmas, and I’m sure we all know who that someone special is, yes, alright please enjoy!


 


 

Something was up with her girlfriend’s sister. Park Sooyoung just knew it, as she watched the small child walk back and forth from the living room where she and Yerim sat, to the kitchen. Carrying different items, sometimes pencils, other times papers, and looking nervous each time. Now, for as long as she has been dating Bae Yerim. She has known her girlfriend’s sister Joohyun to be a sweet kid. A little on the quiet side, but a sweet kid. However, something was clearly up with her.

 

“Babe?” Sooyoung taps Yerim on the shoulder. Yerim who was currently engrossed in her latest novel, and not paying attention to much of anything. Including her girlfriend, who had so lovingly come over to her house to spend time with her. That was of course a story for a different time.

 

“Hmm?” Yerim does manage to look up. “What’s up, Soo?”

 

“Nothing, but Joohyun’s acting a bit weird, well for her.”

 

“Weird, my sister?” 

 

Sooyoung points in the direction of where the little girl is sitting at the kitchen table. Looking worriedly down at some paper. 

 

“Oh, maybe it’s her Christmas list to Santa or something. Give her a break, she’s only eight.”

 

“I was eight too once, babe. I’m telling you something must be on her mind. Let’s maybe see if there’s anything we can do.”

 

Hearing that tone of concern in Sooyoung’s voice does touch Yerim. She knows her girlfriend does care for her sister and treats Joohyun like her own sister as well. And if her girlfriend thinks something could be wrong, then perhaps something is. Of course, as soon as the two were about to ask. Joohyun speaks.

 

“No, wait, don’t come here. I’ll come to you, just give me a minute.”

 

“Huh?” Yerim blinks. Maybe, Sooyoung was right. And just the very thought of her being right, causes the taller girl to not so gently nudge her in the arm.

 

“Hey!” Yerim frowns, only to see that smug but attractive smile on her girl’s face. The kind that makes her want to both hit and kiss Sooyoung. But more hit than kiss at this point in time.

 

“What did I say something’s wrong.”

 

“We don’t know that yet, babe. Let’s just give Hyun a chance to say what’s on her mind. It could still be a list for Santa Claus, seriously.”

 

The small child does indeed come over to them soon enough, holding several papers in her hands, and for some odd reason. Sooyoung had the impression she was looking a little future leader of a company preparing to deliver a speech. Especially when Joohyun cleared and everything. The couple came to find out she had a list of sorts alright, but it wasn’t for Santa Claus.

 

“I wrote these for you.” She hands a copy each for her sister and Yerim. “It’s a letter asking you to take me Christmas shopping because I need a gift.”

 

“Hyun…” Yerim begins, honestly impressed by how well thought out everything is. Her sister really put a lot of effort into these letters. Explaining why she needed to go Christmas shopping, and understanding that there’s not a lot of time left before Christmas. But is hopeful that her sister and Sooyoung will take her anyway.

 

“I’d go by myself, but I can’t cross the street without an adult, Yerimie.”

 

She looked and sounded too sincere. There was no way either herself or Sooyoung would say no anyway. Even if there technically wasn’t a bunch of time before Christmas, and shopping would probably be insane. 

 

“Don’t worry, Hyun. We’ll go with you.”

 

“Must be some important gift, kiddo.” Sooyoung mentions.

 

Joohyun nods. “I’ve saved up my allowance all year. Thank you for saying you’d take me, Yerimie, Sooyoung.” She goes over to hug the two older girls. How could they have said no, when the child was being this precious. Though, Joohyun didn’t tell them what exactly she was saving up for. The plan was to go with her tomorrow to find this gift she wanted so badly.

 

“Well, if that’s settled. I might as well just crash here with you for the night, babe.” Sooyoung not so subtly pretends to yawn and wraps both arms around her smaller girlfriend. Yerim sighs heavily and pushes her idiot girlfriend away from her.

 

“Idiot.”

 

“An idiot that you love!”

 

And all little Joohyun could do was watch her silly sister and her even sillier girlfriend bicker back and forth. Only to end up kissing like they normally do. So the small child places her hands over her eyes and sighs. Well, at least she will get them to go with her Christmas shopping tomorrow. And it’s very important that she gets this gift before Christmas. Speaking of which, Joohyun better check her piggy bank again. She’s been saving up as much of her allowance as she possibly could. Outside, of whatever she spent on small items for herself like candy or treats. Nothing was more important than saving up her money for this special gift. Joohyun made it to her room and over to the special purple piggy bank. Smiling to herself as she counted the money she worked so hard to save.

 

“I hope it’s enough.”

 

The child never notices her older sister looking at her through the door. Yerim wanted to know if there was anything else going on with her kid sister. And she had a feeling that there was a big reason why Joohyun wanted to go shopping. Seeing how she looked while counting her money. Yerim knew there was no way she wouldn’t help out, or at least pay for the majority of whatever this special gift was.

 

“Hey, Hyun.”

 

“Yes, Yerimie?” She looks up to see her sister.

 

“We’ll leave after breakfast, okay? So try and get a good night’s sleep. Unless you want me and Sooyoung to read you a bedtime story first.”

 

“You know we will.” Sooyoung comes out of nowhere with a bunch of story books in her hand. Startling Joohyun so much she nearly falls off her bed. Yerim simply taps her girlfriend upside the head and goes to make sure her sister is okay.

 

“Are you alright, Hyun?”

 

“Y-Yeah, I’m fine. I don’t need a bedtime story.”

 

“Are you sure, kiddo. We’ve got all the classics, this time child friendly, goldilocks and the three bears, little red riding hood, I think she doesn’t get eaten by the wolf this time…” Sooyoung trails off and Yerim really does look like she’s about to smack her girlfriend into next week. 

 

“No, that’s okay, Sooyoung. I don’t need a bedtime story.” Joohyun repeats. That doesn’t Joohyun from getting tucked into bed, and kissed on the cheek like the older girls are her parents. It makes the child giggle and wipe her face a bit too

 

“You two are so weird.”

 

“Well for the time being, Yerimie and I are basically your parents, so we appreciate you being a good daughter for us, kid.”

 

“Um…” Joohyun seems to be thinking it over. “Alright, deal. Now, please go to bed so we can get up for shopping tomorrow.”

 

“You heard her, time for bed, oh foolish one.” Yerim grabs a hold of the taller girl’s arm and pulls her out of the bedroom. They both say one more last goodnight to her sister and head down to Yerim’s room. Truth be told, their parents are away a lot for work. That’s why Yerim does appreciate Sooyoung for coming over so often and making sure to spend time with not only her, but her sister too. Not many people would do that. But Sooyoung is a great girlfriend, even if she gives her a hard time occasionally. 

 

“What’s this for?” Sooyoung wonders as Yerim hugs her tightly from behind.

 

“For just being you. You don’t even have to go shopping with us tomorrow, but I do appreciate it, baby.”

 

“Of course, you know I’m here for you and Joohyun. She’s a sweet kid. It definitely seems like whatever she’s looking for is probably really important to her. We can at least help her out.”

 

“Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever seen my sister quite like this. It must be really important to her. That’s why we should do whatever we can to help, starting by getting some sleep so we can get up in the morning. It’s kind of close on time for Christmas. I imagine the stores are insane.”

 

“Don’t worry, babe.” Sooyoung nods proudly. “We’ve got all sorts of tricks and schemes to get out of long lines, like our fool-proof pregnant wife scheme. This time you be the pregnant wife though, I think someone would probably recognize me if I tried it again so soon.”

 

Yerim simply stares at her girlfriend. “You are ridiculous.” She laughs, and hugs her then. “I love you, though.”

 

“I love you too, babe. Come on, to bed then. We have to help Joohyun Christmas shop tomorrow. We can’t disappoint a kid during Christmas, can we?”

 

No, they could do no such thing. That’s why the next morning, after breakfast exactly. They all got into Sooyoung’s car and took off for Christmas shopping. Joohyun seemed to be in good spirits though, as she chatted with them both. Thanking them again for taking her to buy this gift.

 

“What is this gift that you want anyway, kiddo?” Sooyoung wonders. 

 

“Um…”

 

“Is it that fancy tea set you were looking at in that antique store?” Yerim asks her sister.

 

“No, it’s not that.”

 

“A nintendo switch! That’s what everyone wants these days, no?”

 

“Yes, but no that’s not what I’m looking for.”

 

Sooyoung shakes her head. She has no idea what Joohyun wants then if she doesn’t want a Nintendo Switch. Hell, even Sooyoung herself wants one, even though they are sure as hell hard to find now.

 

“Don’t worry, Hyun. We’ll find what you’re looking for.” Yerim assures her with a warm smile that does help Joohyun feel better. Her big sister is the best and she wouldn’t lie to her. That didn’t mean the little girl wasn’t nervous when she saw how many people were at the store. Maybe she wouldn’t find what she was looking for. Sooyoung noticed and bent down to her level with a warm smile on her face.

 

“Don’t be afraid, Hyun. Yerim and I got your back, now hold your sister’s hand because we’re getting through this crowd.”
 

“Thank you, Sooyoung.” Joohyun nods and reaches for her big sister’s hand. Of course, no one knew the exact way Sooyoung was planning to get them through. But when she grabbed Yerim’s hand and started shouting at the top of her lungs. Joohyun had the feeling they might get in serious trouble.

 

“Excuse me, my wife and child have to go to the bathroom right now, as in right the hell now, out of my way!”

 

“ing idiot!” Yerim thinks to herself, though this is her idiot, and her idiot is  getting results as people are moving out of their way. So they can’t complain all that much here.

 

“Sis!” Joohyun calls out to her sister. “Somethings’ wrong with your girlfriend.”
 

Yerim nods in agreement. “I know, but she got us all the way through the crowd, so we have to give her a break. Come on, Hyun, let’s find what you’re looking for.”

 

Truthfully,  it would help the two of them if they knew what Joohyun was looking for exactly.  Each time either Yerim or Sooyoung had an idea where she would go. Such as the dolls, or arts and crafts sections of the store. Joohyun didn’t go there. She didn’t seem to be looking at any of the things the other children were. 

 

“Um…” Sooyoung nudges Yerim. “Can we break for hot chocolate now?”

 

“In a minute, babe. Let’s give her a chance, maybe she hasn’t seen anything yet.”

 

Joohyun sighs when she doesn’t see what she’s looking for. The child turns back to the two older girls and shakes her head. 

 

“It’s not here. Can we go to another store?”

 

“Sure, kiddo. But how about Yerim and I treat you to hot chocolate first, would you like that?”

 

“Yes.” Big brown eyes light up significantly when she hears there will be hot chocolate. At least for now, they would take a break. It was Yerim’s hope that they could get her sister to explain to them what she was looking for. Then maybe, they’d have a better chance of everyone keeping their eyes out for it. Sooyoung buys them all three mugs of hot chocolate and Yerim grabs some pastries for them as well.

 

“Can I have the banana one.” Joohyun cutely points to the banana flavored muffin.

 

“Since when do you like banana things, Hyun?” Yerim asks, but still passes her over the banana muffin anyway.

 

“I just want it. Thank you for the hot chocolate, Sooyoung, and for the muffin, Yerimie.”

 

Joohyun was such a sweet and well-behaved kid. They just knew they had to help her find whatever it was she was looking for. Even if they had to go to several more stores to make that happen. They still mainly needed Joohyun to tell them what she was looking for.

 

“Joohyun, what are you looking for exactly?” It’s Sooyoung who asks her.

 

The little girl looks down at her banana muffin for a moment. As if she’s trying to gather her thoughts. Until finally reaching into her purple backpack and showing her sister and Sooyoung a neatly folded magazine article.

 

“A drawing tablet?” Yerim reads it. She didn’t even know her sister liked drawing that much.

 

“You want to get into drawing, Hyun. That’s great, it’ll keep you busy over the holiday break.” Sooyoung tells her. Only, Joohyun shakes her head.

 

“It’s not for me. I want to buy it as a gift. I’ve saved up my allowance and everything.” 

 

The sweet kid, of course she’s been saving up her allowance. Though based on what she shows them in her coin purse, it’s probably not enough for this particular drawing tablet. But that won’t be an issue because she and Sooyoung will certainly help her pay for it.

 

“Soo and I will help you, that way you don’t have to worry about not having enough money for it.”

 

“R-Really?” Joohyun looks all hopeful. “I wasn’t going to ask, but thank you!” She first hugs her sister tightly and then hugs Sooyoung too. Now that they will help her there’s no way she won’t be able to get the drawing tablet. It’s very important she get this tablet too, before Christmas.

 

“Sure we’ll help you. But just who is this tablet for, huh kiddo.”

 

That’s exactly what Yerim wants to know. This is not exactly the kind of gift a kid her age would just want to give anyone. Though, her sister is a sweet kid. That must mean it’s for someone important, and Yerim has the feeling she might know who it is.

 

“It’s for Seulgi…”

 

“Seulgi?” Sooyoung questions, though the name does sound a little familiar to her. Joohyun doesn’t really speak much about her school friends.

 

“I figured it might be for Seulgi.” Yerim then hugs her sister, and whispers to Sooyoung she will fill her in later on. “Alright, let’s go and find that drawing tablet for Seulgi.”

 

Sooyoung honestly had tons of questions. They’d have to wait for now, since the search was back on for this drawing tablet. The second store they went to didn’t have any drawing tablets, let alone the one Joohyun was searching for. It was so sad to see the little girl holding onto her magazine paper hoping someone would be able to point them in the right direction. Again, none of the stores had the tablet, or it was sold out. Poor Joohyun looked so discouraged that Yerim immediately had to hug her sister. To try and get her to feel a bit better.

 

“It’s still time, Hyun. We’ll find the tablet for Seulgi.”

 

“P-Promise…” She sniffles slightly. Sooyoung, who can’t ever stand to see a kid cry. Especially not when her girlfriend’s sister is the one who looks so close to tears. Sooyoung sits down too and smiles brightly.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter