After Summer Break

Blood and Love

 

 

The customer you are calling is not in service, please hang up and try again.

 

Chanyeol almost threw his smart phone across his room, but knowing it was the latest iphone he held back.

 

The son of Zues tried again and again and again. It felt like eternity since he’d been calling the burner phone he’d given his boyfriend last year. He had yet to receive or answer a call from him.

Actually...it had been two months since he’d last spoken to or seen Baekhyun.

 

You see, two months should seem like a lot, especially if your dating. To Chanyeol, he presumed his boyfriend was probably busy with his own personal issues whether that be his father-or something happening back at camp. So perhaps...two months was justified?

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun weren’t normal. They were half human, half god and didn’t  lead normal lives. That meant having to not see your partner for two months would be a normal thing since Baekhyun would still be going out and fighting greek monsters on a daily basis and training back at camp. Besides him going to meet his father back in Germany he had no reason to be out and about-much less vacant throughout the entirety of summer vacation.

Or at least that is what Chanyeol kept telling himself.

Perhaps for the sake of their relationship he kept telling his conscience that it was okay if Baekhyun didn’t take his calls, that he didn’t try and reach him, or visit him. It was okay right? Baekhyun had a reason, right.

As time went on, Chanyeol didn’t agree with the idea.

No matter how hard he tried he couldn’t justify Baekhyun’s behaviour. He resented the idea that Baekhyun was purposely avoiding him. How was he even able to do it so effortlessly? Meanwhile Chanyeol sulked in his bed, waiting for him to show up. He missed him so much.

 

 

 

 

The day before Chanyeol had to pack up his suitcase for camp half blood, his mood wasn’t in the best shape. He’d been ghosted by all his friends all summer, including his own boyfriend. He presumed there may have been a good reason, but he knew if he showed up at camp and everything was normal Chanyeol would have trouble accepting Baekhyun’s behaviour.

In the back of his mind he was excited to see Baekhyun. His logical mind was telling him to fight him. 

 

He rummaged through the front pocket of his suitcase to take out a small indigo velvet box which had some fancy designer name on top of it. Inside was a silver bracelet, on the sides were chains and in the middle was a stone that had written on it ‘fearless’. 

Chanyeol had purchased the bracelet for his boyfriend ever since they’d started dating. He’d been out with his friends at the mall and came across the piece of jewelry and he immediately thought of Baekhyun.

He’d grown fond of the piece of metal sometimes holding it close to him at night wondering when he’d see his boyfriend again so he could give it to him.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

When he arrived at camp he was greeted by several returning campers who had also gone back home with their mortal parent for summer break. Chanyeol considered himself grateful to be able to go back and experience his mortal life for at least two months before being back into a world of greek gods, monsters and prophecies. It calmed his mind.

He had considered staying that summer, since Baekhyun had no family to go to, but his boyfriend had made it clear he’d be going to meet his father (who had supposedly abandoned him) for the first time. 

Chanyeol knew more than anything family was important and he didn’t want to take that away from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was the son of Aphrodite, the god of love, beauty and grace. His mother wasn’t a saint either. She’s basically left Baekhyun in numerous orphanages as she tended to her own personal businesses when he was young.

Coupled with the neglect from his father. Baekhyun’s defenition of a family and what it meant to express love wasn’t in tiptop shape.

Despite all that hardship, Baekhyun had somehow become one of the best fights at camp-half blood and had gone on a quest with Chanyeol last year to save their camp from invasion.

Rationalizing with all this, Chanyeol knew he shouldn’t be harsh about the ghosting when he saw him again.

 

Speak of the devil.

 

As he was walking up the steps of his own cabin, ready to unlock the dingy thing, he saw a pair of violet eyes he’d yeared to see for so long.


 

Chanyeol ran. He stopped his hand carry and adidas duffle bag and ran towards his boyfriend like nothing else in the world mattered.

Baekhyun was busy walking over to the training ground to notice a six-foot giant stumbling his way.

When Baekhyun turned, he held up his dagger, afraid someone was there to attack him.

Chanyeol laughed as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend tightly.

 

Baekhyun didn’t hug him back, a little shocked.

 

“I missed you, lover boy.

 

The son of Aphrodite was a little surprised he was hearing that old nickname again.

 

Chanyeol didn’t want to, but he broke their hug apart wanting to get a clear look at his boyfriend.

 

Baekhyun looked different and yet, the same. He’d dyed his hair from a golden blonde to an ashy black. He was wearing his same old leather jacket which was beginning to have hold on the sides from fighting monsters with it over time. He was wearing green cargo pants and a black tee that were way too big for him as usual. His face was slimmer, like he'd lost a lot of weight and his eye bags more protruding outwards.

 

Then there were his eyes. Those violet, velvety, glassy eyes Chanyeol always wanted to look at him- and only him. Baekhyun's eye colours changed depending on who looked at them-beauty in the eye of the beholder personified. It was a neat trick Aphrodite had passed down. 

 

“Well? Aren’t you going to say anything?” Chanyeol said with eyebrows raised.

 

Baekhyun shook his head, “You’re not mad?” He asked with a shaky voice.

 

Chanyeol grabbed his boyfriend's hand on his own, forcing Baekhyun to stroll down towards Baekhyun’s cabin. They took a small detour, away from the other campers. Even though the Zeus cabin was where they would usually meet up it was closer and besides he knew all the campers were at lunch right now.

Chanyeol made himself at home on Baekhyun’s bed which was the bottom bunk of his Sister’s Seulgi. Embarssingly, they'd done a lot of things on his bunk before camp ended for summer break. Things...that Alec wouldn't be too happy about. 

“I’m not mad, however, I need an explanation.” He said honestly.

 

Baekhyun came to sit at the foot of the bed where Chanyeol’s feet were.

 

“I...really missed you.” Baekhyun said.

 

Chanyeol tilted his head in confusion. That wasn’t an explanation. And judging from Baekhyun’s glazed over expression, it seemed like he was hiding something.

 

“What happened this summer?” Chanyeol asked in a worried tone.

 

“Nothing. I was just busy.” 


 

The son of Zues looked around Baekhyun's bed noticing the posters thumb tacked on the side wall besides his bunk. There were pictures of sisters and then some music bands he liked. Hadn’t Baekhyun gone to Germany this year? Why weren’t there any pictures of those? This was getting more and more mysterious. Chanyeol didn’t want to seem irritated, but he had to let his boyfriend know.

Baekhyun looked at his sheets, unsure of what to say next.

Did he feel awkward about the fact that they hadn’t seen each other in so long?

 

“I thought about you all summer. I mean-I couldn’t stop dreaming about you and...well..." Chanyeol knew what he wanted to say was dangerous.

 

Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s arm bringing him forward, before letting the man go between his legs and kissing him. Lover boy responded to the kiss like it was his part time job. He held Chanyeol’s jaw in his hand to get better leverage. Chanyeol didn’t need Baekhyun to tell him he missed him. It was clear as day.


 

“I also masterbaited to you.” Chanyeol whispered in his ear after their kiss.

 

“Chan- keep your voice down!” Baekhyun covered his boyfriend's mouth quickly, looking around his cabin knowing his sisters could be lurking anywhere.

 

They were both seventeen now, with Baekhyun turning eighteen in the spring. It only made sense for Chanyeol to be having these thoughts. Somehow, not seeing his boyfriend for so long made him more desperate this summer for anything. They hadn’t done it yet, but Chanyeol knew not to rush things with Baekhyun.

Getting lost in his thoughts he’d almost forgotten he’d been meaning to give Baekhyun the bracelet he’d gotten him, but before he could bring it up his boyfriend interrupted him.

 

“Chanyeol, listen...I have to tell you something-”

 

Suddenly, the door of their cabin opened, making Baekhyun jump off his bed and pretend to be interested in the ceiling. When a figure emerged from the door, Chanyeol was to say the least-more than surprised.

His toned body and peanut brown hair could not be mistaken. He had a sort of immortal youth to him (literally). Chanyeol looked between the man at the door and back at his boyfriend who looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

 

“Baekhyun, I was waiting at the training grounds, where have you been-”

 

The son of Athena notices another presence in the room. His eyes meet with chanyeol.

 

“Adrian?” Chanyeol’s eyes grow wide, “What are you doing here?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

When Chanyeol had heard the whole spiel, he stormed out of the Aphrodite cabin almost running into one of Baekhyun’s sisters on the way out.

Baekhyun ran after him, calling out his name several times with no response from Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol, wait-”

 

The son of Zeus was angry. His fists were clenched and chest heaving.

 

When he opened the door of his cabin he left his luggage on the porch, ignoring Baekhyun who walked in with him.

 

“You need to understand, Chanyeol-”

 

“You ignored me for two months to go and rescue that guy from his stupid time capsule.” Chanyeol paced around the room.

 

“I know you have...reservations about Adrian, but he’s going to help the camp. He knows where Ezo is-”

 

“I don’t care if the guy can make pigs fly. Why didn’t you tell me you went on a quest this summer!”

 

“I didn’t want to worry you.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Well now I’m worried, congratulations.” Chanyeol let out an exasperated laugh.

 

“Why?” 

 

“Because you lied to me. In fact, even worse, you didn’t tell me anything which makes me think you’ve been hiding a lot of things. Did you even go to Germany this summer like you said?” Chanyeol’s voice is on the brink of getting louder. 

 

“I didn’t lie to you,” Baekhyun looked hurt, “I was trying to protect you.”

 

“For the love of the gods, I don’t need protecting.” Chanyeol kicked the bottom of his bed, to let out some of his anger.

 

 

“What's your issue!” Baekhyun asked.

 

“My issue? My issue? If you think I’m the one who’s causing a problem right now you’re being delusional.” Chanyeol huffed a laugh.

 

“Excuse me?” 

 

“When were you going to tell me Alec sent you off on a secret quest. Or I don’t know call me at any point during the summer break?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“It was difficult. I had no way of using Iris message and my father-”

 

“It’s always about your father, isn’t it? You think you can just do whatever you want-ignore me for an entire two months and act like everything is okay?” Chanyeol looked at him in disbelief.

 

“We aren’t fighting about this.” Baekhyun’s eyes glistened.

 

“We are.” Chanyeol walked closer to him.

 

In that moment, a look of understanding passed in Baekhyun’s violet eyes. It was like he’d wanted to desperately apologize and gain Chanyeol’s trust back, but he knew why he was overreacting like this. It wasn’t normal for your supposed boyfriend to ghost you for two months.

 

“Fine! If you want to fight then so be it! We needed a break!”

 

Chanyeol looked dejected, “Fine!”

 

Baekhyun stomped out of the cabin. His eyes were blinking fast hiding the tears that were going to come out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: Okay everyone we are back and the drama is already starting!! For those returning from the first book welcome back! For those who haven't read the first book in this series, please take a read of it! There may be things that I don't explain in depth that I would have already explained in the first book. That being said, for new comers, I made sure to define terms like demi-god and a basic run down of their lives. Still, to know Chanyeol and Baekhyun's history please check out the first book!

LINK TO FIRST BOOK DOWN BELOW!

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1461697/children-of-the-gods