Final ❤

"Never Again"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So... I'll go over your place tonight?"
"Sure... my parents won't be home."

And as soon as he heard them giggling and making smoochy faces to each other, Jinyoung can't help but clear his throat too loudly in purpose just so he could cut the irritating couple from flirting some more. For goodness sake, they're at the library! Do neither of them has any shame?

That was able to get the attention of the young flirting couple and now the guy was looking at Jinyoung and through those eyes it's as if he's asking him what the hell is wrong with him? Jinyoung could very much explain to him word by word what is his problem since he's been bearing with their flirting episode for almost fifteen minutes now. He's been glaring at them every once in a while but they're too busy whispering and giggling by themselves plus those extra touches which makes Jinyoung cringe so much, yet this seems to be the first time the couple has noticed that they're not alone in the table they're all seated on. The guy was still giving him the look so in return, Jinyoung gives him a deadpan look. Really, he didn't even need to remind these two that the library isn't the place to do all these flirting. But maybe that fact is beyond the guy's understanding and probably even the girl's because two seconds after, they're back at it again.

Jinyoung could only groan in frustration. He went here to review. Finals is nearly approaching so he's on edge, trying his damnest to stay calm and collected despite the pressure he's feeling because hell, it's finals! This is his last chance to climb higher in the list of students running for honors this school year. His standing will help him land a spot in his dream university. He is never allowed to this up.

So like he said, he's here to review and yet these two... grade 10 students as he has seen in their ids won't ever let him have his peace. Figuring that the young couple don't have any plans to even get embarrassed because of his presence, Jinyoung decides to just focus back to reviewing and pretend he's alone in the table. 

But that was not until he heard a smooching sound again and when he checked on the couple, he saw how the guy was kissing the girl in her neck. It almost scandalized him that he won't able to stop himself from reacting. He hit the table with his palm, enough to get the guy's attention and when he turned to him, Jinyoung gives him a very disapproving look. "Excuse me?" He also expressed his disapproval verbally. 

The guy looked pissed for a second before turning to his girlfriend and telling her that they should just leave. When the couple stood up from their seat, Jinyoung arched his brow at them as he told them, "Thank you." It didn't get any response from the leaving couple though, and Jinyoung is frankly not waiting for any. He's just glad that he'll finally have his peace now.

Or so he thought... because just as he was about to go back to reading, his phone suddenly rang. Jinyoung almost jumped in surprise but thank God his hands were quick enough to search for his phone. He clicked on the answer button in panic even without reading the name of the caller yet.

He put the phone in his ear and talked in a very hushed voice. "Hello?" Jinyoung says, checking on the strict librarian who is already narrowing her eyes at him.

The librarian was pointing at his phone, and Jinyoung knows what she's trying to say. She's telling him to drop the call or go outside to attend to it. Jinyoung however tries to ignore the librarian for a few seconds. He then heard a response from the other line. "Hello, hyung?"

And just by his voice, Jinyoung knows who the caller is. "Yugyeom? Why did you call?" After asking that, Jinyoung sees the librarian crossing her arms and glaring at him. She then gestured for the exit doors. Jinyoung put his finger up to tell the librarian that he just needs a second before returning to Yugyeom on the phone. "Is this important, Gyeom? Because I'm in the middle of something right now."

"Well..." Jinyoung could sense how the younger was hesitating and he could imagine him biting his nails since that's what Yugyeom do whenever he's anxious. 

"Well?" Jinyoung pushes.

"It's about Mark hyung..." Just the mention of his name made Jinyoung's thoughts stop a bit. But then he found the librarian right in front of him, still with her arms crossed. 

"Calls should be taken outside. You're distracting other students." She tells him. Jinyoung wants to argue back and ask why she didn't do this same thing to the couple flirting here in his table just a few minutes ago. But he decides against it and just nods at the librarian.

"Wait a second, Gyeom." He told the younger before standing up and making his way outside the library. He left his things on the table since he plans to go back as soon as he's done with talk with Yugyeom. When he reached outside, he put the phone back in his ear. "What were you saying again?"

"I actually am not sure if I should tell you about this still since..." Yugyeom halts for a bit, probably deciding against going through the rest of his sentence. "But I didn't expect him to do that this early. I mean..."

"Do what?" Jinyoung asked before he could think if he even should.

Yugyeom's response didn't come immediately which only irked Jinyoung so he pushed some more. "Do what, Yugyeom? Your brother did what?"

And Jinyoung knew Yugyeom recognizes that tone of his. In a second, he did answer. "He's out on a date with some guy." It came out rushed, like Yugyeom just breathed the words out of his lungs but funnily though, just by hearing his news, it's as if the air in Jinyoung's lungs were off.

"A date?" Jinyoung mindlessly repeats. "With who?"

"I don't really know the guy but all I know is his name is Youngjae and they have a class together. I've seen hyung hang out with him for a few times now."

And you're only telling me this now?! Jinyoung wants to ask but bites his lips so he couldn't. He only noticed that he's already clenching his hands when he was about to will himself to stay calm and cool. This really shouldn't be a problem now, at least for him it shouldn't be... right? But then... "Alright, I'll give you the time out that you need. But if you decide that you still want to be with me, I'd still be waiting here." Jinyoung closes his eyes tight as he recalled his words, Mark's own words when they broke up. That is what Mark had told him when he said he wants a time out from their relationship. But now what's this? Mark is on a date with someone? When it's roughly been three weeks since they broke up? Wait my ! 

"Jinyoung hyung?" Yugyeom's voice was able to drag him back to reality again, cutting his train of... unwanted thoughts. "Are you still there?"

Jinyoung felt embarrassed. How dare he act affected like this when he was the one who initiated the break up? Yet still. Ugh! This is stupid! "Yeah... I just... I did say I'm in the middle of something."

"Oh, Right. I'm sorry for interrupting."

Jinyoung then felt a bit of guilt. "Nah, it's alright. Although... I don't understand why you're telling me this? Me and Mark had broken up already, remember? So that means he can date whoever he wants to date. Cut your hyung some slack, okay?" His jaw almost hurt from too much clenching as he tells Yugyeom all that. It's a good thing that they're only talking through a phone call or else Yugyeom would see how insincere he is with what he's saying. 

"Oh." Yugyeom's voice sounded so small, and Jinyoung noticed how his tone dropped. "Maybe you're right, hyung. I'm sorry for calling you just to tell you this. I'll drop the call you you could go back to what you're doing. Bye, hyung."

"Bye, Gyeom."

When the call ended, all Jinyoung could do is heave a deep sigh. He thinks that he just did the right thing, but as soon as he returned inside the library, it became impossible for him to focus on reviewing. He tried to read but nothing is going inside his brain, aside from the thought of Mark going on a date with someone. He then recalled how the young couple was flirting with each other just a while ago, but this time, he's imagining Mark with whoever it is he's going on a date with. And at that moment, Jinyoung knew he could never go back to reviewing.

Standing up, Jinyoung gathered his things and stuffed them inside his bag. As he left the library, Jinyoung calls Yugyeom again and the second the younger answered, he asked, "This date you're talking about... where is this exactly?"

 

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

 

Yugyeom did tell him where it was and now Jinyoung finds himself seated on the far corner of the restaurant, about five tables away from where Mark is seated with his date.

Choi Youngjae. He knows the guy. Well not know as in know him. He just spent a few minutes stalking on his instagram account. This guy is in love with his dog since his feed almost looked like an account dedicated for his dog alone. The guy has more pictures of his dog rather than his own. Still, the guy looks exactly as how he did in the pictures he's seen. Choi Youngjae looks young, maybe he's still in eleventh grade? He's not sure. Aside from looking young, the guy looks like an otter. And Jinyoung hates the fact that otters are cute since it'll basically say the same thing about Youngjae. But he also can't deny that the guy really is cute especially when he smiles like he's walking on rainbows and sunshine. Jinyoung hates it. But heck, the guy is cute.

Then again, maybe Mark always liked cute guys. As he remembered, that's how Mark complimented him when they first went out back in tenth grade.

"You're cute." Mark tells him as they sat across each other inside an ice cream parlor.

The guy had asked him out, after a few painful weeks of waiting if the older could do something more than just staring and smiling shyly at him whenever they passed each other in the hallway and sending him 'good morning' and 'good night' in instagram.

Jinyoung plays with his spoon, trying hard to maintain eye contact without letting the blonde see that he's really nervous, his hands are almost sweating. "Uhm... thanks?"

"No, really. You are cute." Mark tells him once more and Jinyoung could already feel his blood rushing to his face. He's about to divert the talk somewhere else when Mark went on with what he still wants to say. "I like your cute button nose, your brown eyes and these cute little wrinkles forming on its sides whenever you laugh or smile. I like your smile too, it makes you look cuter. And your cute puffy cheeks, I like those too, and even your thick brows. I like all of those, Jinyoung... and you." Mark stares at him intently, a smile drawing on his lips and Jinyoung couldn't even get a hold of his own heart which is thumping so hard right now with every word that Mark says.

"I like you, Jinyoung. And I'd like to date you everyday."

 

"May I take your order, sir?" Jinyoung's walk down the memory lane was disrupted when someone spoke beside him. When he looked up, he saw a young man, who looked like a waiter, handing him a menu. 

"Uhm... okay." Jinyoung answers and scans the menu quickly. He saw that Mark and his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter