G-Dragon Softie

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: G-Dragon Softie (Please buy this PR strategy)

 

G-Dragon turned his head to her quick. "You grew up here? You were an.. an--"

 

"I'm an orphan. You can say it! It's not a bad word."

 

"Sorry." GD bit his lip. He grew up on a loving household, his parents had always been supportive of him. His whole life had been towards a goal. He never even spared a thought for kids who grew up without parents. Now he can't help but think back on their conversation if somehow he had offended her.

 

Yoona cleared and changed the subject. "We prepared an event for the children, some games and activities. We also have a coffee stall on standby for the volunteers and an ice cream cart for the kids. Lunch for everyone. Some drawing activities after lunch."

 

He nodded. "What do I do?"

 

"Participate in the games, interact with the kids. There's no press but Sooyoung and I will take photos of the event." She took a look at the clipboard and skimmed everything. "Everything is set up. All you have to do is show up and look like you actually want to be here."

 

They finally got to the house and Yoona led him straight to the house's backyard where the volunteers were setting up. There were streamers, balloons and a very childlike, happy atmosphere.

 

"Woah, you got this all done in what a week?" 

 

Yoona nodded. "It's what I was hired to do." She grabbed a shirt from one of the tables. "Put this on."

 

GD looked at it. It was the same design that everyone else was wearing. 

 

"Coffee?" She didn't wait for a reply and led him to the coffee stall. "So do you remember all the coffee you stole from me at work?"

 

GD nods.

 

"She makes those coffee." She gestured to the barista. "Amber, meet G-Dragon. GD-ssi, this is Amber of Cafe Sonder."

 

"Hey man, nice to meet you." Amber nodded at him. "Wait, you bring six coffee orders to work."

 

"I know." Yoona rolls her eyes. "He likes to steal mine."

 

"However would you make me do what you want if we don't share coffee, warden?" He addresses Amber. "Coffee tastes more bitter when I successfully annoy her. Just the way I like it."

 

"Oh believe me, I've heard the rants." Amber teased Yoona as she handed GD a coffee cup.  

 

Yoona glared at her bestfriend. She was supposed to be on her side! 

 

"Yoona~" Someone called her.

 

"Mrs. Park!" Yoona's eyes brightened and she waved at the elder woman. "Come on, I'll introduce you to her."

 

She took hold of his arm and they walked towards the woman.

 

"No, no. I don't want to. Don't you remember?" GD whispered anxiously at her. "The older demographic hates my guts. 9% positive GP rating? What if she hits me with her cane?"

 

Yoona shook her head. At least she now knows he's listening during meetings. "Don't worry, Mrs. Park is part of that 9%."

 

"Ahh Im Yoona~ You look like you didn't age at all. I would have mistaken you as one of the children." Mrs. Park greeted Yoona with a hug.

 

"Mrs. Park, what are you talking about? You're the one who looked like you've gone younger~" Yoona put on her charms, feeling comfortable with the old lady. "GD-ssi, this is Mrs. Park. She runs the orphanage and had been running it ever since I was a kid here. Mrs. Park, this is G-Dragon. He's the one who organized all this for the children." She gave GD a look that he should atleast play along.

 

"It's very nice to meet you, Mrs. Park." GD bowed respectfully. He was half-expecting to be smacked at the back of the head.  That's how scared he is because of the 9% positive ratings.

 

However, once he stood back up, the older woman touched his face with both hands and patted it. "Aigoo~ What a handsome young man. Our Yoong is saying you are a famous singer, yes?"

 

"Ahh, yes, ma'am."

 

"Oh the kids would love meeting you! Encourage them to work hard and achieve their dreams just like you did!" 

 

Yoona smiled while watching the two. She notices Jiyong's flushed expression, surprised for sure that Mrs. Park wasn't mean at him. 

 

She noticed new arrivals and she smiled. "Excuse me for a bit, I'll just take care of something."

 

GD tried to signal that he's scared to be left alone with Mrs. Park but Yoona didn't glance at him.

 

"Yedammie! You came!" She greeted as she welcomed the young artist. "Your manager didn't confirm when I asked him about it."

 

"Yoona noona!" Yedam, who was looking awkward and lost earlier, finally smiled. "You said it would be fun so I convinced manager hyung to let me go."

 

She put an arm around him. "Aww thanks for not letting noona down! I'm sure GD is also grateful you came to support this event." She also gave him the event shirt. "I'll put you in volunteer work with the youngsters, is that okay?"

 

Yedam nodded enthusiastically.

 

"Awesome! Come on, I'll introduce you to my brother!" 

 

Jaehyuk was there of course, supporting the event and also because he is a regular fixture in the orphanage. He visits whenever he has time. 

 

"Jaehyuk-ah!" Yoona called him. He stopped arranging the chairs to give her his full attention. "This is Bang Yedam. You'll take care of him today, right?"

 

"That's right! Hi, Yedam-ssi! I'm Yoon Jaehyuk, noona's cutest little brother."

 

"He's my only brother." Yoona whispered at Yedam. 

 

"I heard that! I still am the cutest!" Jaehyuk pouted. "Yedam-ssi, let's be friends!"

 

Yedam chuckled. It was refreshing to have someone treat him like a normal person rather than an idol. "Sure! I'd like that."

 

"We're going to follow Hana's lead. She's a regular volunteer here in the orphanage." Jaehyuk started talking, telling Yedam things he needs to know about the orphanage.

 

Yoona left them with a smile, confident that Yedam will indeed have fun with her brother. She walked back to GD and Mrs. Park. GD's body language had changed to a more comfortable one as he laughs at what Mrs. Park said.

 

"She cried and cried." Mrs. Park shook her head. "I asked her who told her to ride at the back of the bike and she said it's because she thought she could fly."

 

Yoona pouted. "Ahh, Mrs. Park~ Why are you telling him about my embarrassing childhood stories? He's like my boss!"

 

"Scraping both your knees because you got dragged by a bike? How is that flying, warden?" Jiyong laughed.

 

"Alright, I'll stop. Come find me later, Jiyong-ssi, I will tell you about the time she tried to dance like that group Roora and how her tube to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter