Introduce Me a Good Person

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three: Introduce Me a Good Person (I said a good person, not G-Dragon!)

 

After that very unfortunate first meeting with G-Dragon, Yoona went immediately to the conference room where Seungri welcomed her. As they waited, Yoona can't help but think of that moments in the elevator. The G-Dragon she saw on YG's wall of artists was definitely not who she encountered. It was like a zombie version of that man. He was unshaven, there were obvious circles around his eyes that even his sunglasses couldn't hide, and the way he carried himself certainly did not exude greatness nor confidence.

 

They waited for a few minutes and at about 9:10AM, Yang Hyun Suk, YG's CEO, entered along with a few men in expensive business suits,

 

Seungri and Yoona both stood up as Hyun Suk came in and sat down when he did. 

 

"Ms. Im Yoona. Thank you for coming. We really appreciate it. Have you decided to take on the job?" YG asked.

 

"Right now, his reputation is in shambles. Mainly, we need your expertise in perception management. He needs to be in the good side of the public eye. He needs to redeem himself publicly speaking." Seungri explained. "We have two main goals: First, G-Dragon is up for a prestigious artist award in four months. The awards committee called us to let us know. With his album records and all, he should win, no doubt. But this award is also given to people only who is a good pillar of the community."

 

Yoona took notes as Seungri continued. "Second, before this year is over, he needs to release an album. You need to make sure that by then, he's back on people's minds, artists are again talking about him and that he has an all overall good public image. Can you do that?"

 

Yoona took a deep breath and reminded herself that this is just another client. She can't think about how intimidating Yang Hyun Suk can be. "I... I have conditions first."

 

Seungri looked at her, susprised. Even YG raised an eyebrow at that. "Conditions?"

 

Yoona nodded. "Ne~ I've read up on YG Entertainment and how you handle issues and problems that arise within your idols. I need full control on how to handle G-Dragon's public image. Full control. That means I'm kept in loop on comebacks, appearances, where he goes in public. If he has secret lovers, I need to know them. If he's friends with another idol, I need to know. First thing about crisis management is know when you are in crisis."

 

The manager and the CEO both didn't say anything so she continued.

 

Yoona opened the binder she brought with her. "YG usually lets issues pass by. No addressing it. No defending the idols. The twitter world is full of calls for protection and right handling of your idols. The fans need to know you are on their side. If we want the fans to forgive G-Dragon, we got to listen to them."

 

"That's... not usually how YG handles things." Seungri said.

 

"I know that, Seungri-ssi. To be honest, that's why you got into this mess in the first place. Because of the way you do things." Yoona swallowed. She can't believe she just said that to Yang Hyun Suk's face.

 

"Do you have a plan?" YG asked, his hands clamped together.

 

Only a vague one, Yoona thought. To be fair, she just learned she'd have this meeting yesterday afternoon. "I don't have specifics yet. I need to run surveys on the fans, on the general population, etc. You just have to trust me and allow me full control of G-Dragon's career.."

 

YG didn't look impressed. "Yoona-ssi, you are asking for a lot. G-Dragon is the biggest asset we have in YG. If we let you do that, we need to know you can deliver."

 

Yoona sighed. She might lose this job offer if she doesn't tell them a plan. "It's not easy but I believe that what is on the inside.. will reflect on the outside."

 

There was a pause. What Yoona was suggesting? A behavior change.

 

Seungri chuckled. "You want to fix G-Dragon?"

 

"I'm not sure that is the exact words to use but essentially, yes. G-Dragon is a worldwide idol. Idols are watched 24/7. Every single glance, every blink, every breath they make are being interpreted by fans. We can't fake a redeemed G-Dragon. You would just be setting him up for a bigger downfall. If you want to save G-Dragon's career, you have to save Kwon Jiyong."

 

The CEO was silent after Yoona said those words. He was looking down and probably deep in thought. "And you can do that? Before the year ends?"

 

"Is rehab out of the question?" Seungri immediately shook his head. Rehabs are for Hollywood stars. Not for Hallyu idols. "That's what I thought. But don't worry, I can do it."  Yoona was internally having a fit though. Did she just say she can? 

 

"Alright. You have a deal, Ms. Im. Everything G-Dragon related would be reported to you and will be approved by you." YG nodded to one of the lawyers who drew up a contract for her to sign. "Ms. Im, please understand that the company's stocks and our investors are depending on GD's next comeback. If he received less than the expected response for this album, the stockholders would be fully convinced that Jiyong is a liability and would not hesitate to cut him loose."

 

Yoona's eyes immediately went to the part with the salary and it almost popped out when she saw the amount. "Is this the annual salary?"

 

YG tried to hide his smile.

 

"Don't be silly, Yoona-ssi. That's your monthly salary." Seungri cleared his throat and explained. "You are given access to almost all floors here in the building, a company car would get you to and from schedules whenever GD has one, a company phone, a credit card you can charge for all company-related expenses."

 

"That's.." Yoona gulped. "Nice."

 

"I feel like I'm forgetting something..." Seungri snapped his fingers. "Oh yeah, an assistant."

 

A woman came in the conference room and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Sooyoung-imnida~"

 

"Sooyoung-ssi will be your assistant, anything that you need--GD's schedule, upcoming shows, and what not, she can get for you. There are days when I'm out or busy talking with PDs and executives from TV, magazine, and his endorsements so Sooyoung will accompany you."

 

Yoona gave Sooyoung a warm smile. She read through every line in the contract and when she was satisfied, she signed each page with her signature.

 

"Welcome to YG Entertainment, Ms. Im." Hyun Suk said, offering a handshake to her. "We look forward to the results of your hard work."

 

"What the needs attention this early in the morning huh, hyung?" G-Dragon entered the room unceremoniously, his hair and his make up done. His eyes darted over to Yoona who just handed the contract back to the lawyer. "You're elevator girl. What are you doing here?"

 

"Jiyong-ah." YG ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter