Plus One

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: (His) Plus One

 

That night after Yoona and Amber talked, the makeshift family gathered in the living room to watch a movie. Amber settled on the floor and fell asleep in between Junkyu and Jeongwoo. Yoona was sitting at the end of the couch, Jaehyuk beside her while Asahi has his head on Jaehyuk's lap, silently watching the movie.

 

"Why do you love this movie, noona?" Jaehyuk asked quietly as the credits rolled. They were watching a movie called 'MADE'. It was about a former FBI agent teaming up with a criminal and forming a team to avenge her best friend's death.

 

"It has everything. Action, heists, lessons... love."

 

Jaehyuk nodded. "Love? Why didn't the female lead come back to the FBI agent who was her ex-fiance. He did change his perspective in the end."

 

Yoona pursed her lips, deep in thought. "They were too different, I guess. Would you rather have someone who left and came back? Or someone who stuck by you through it all?"

 

"So... we should only fall in love with those in the same world as us and those who never leave?"

 

Yoona shrugged. Is that really the only standard? She'd like to think so but her opinion in love, especially if she hadn't proven it yet, shouldn't be Jaehyuk's opinion too. He can make his own mind about these things. "I-- I don't know, aegiya~ It could depend on the situation. Tell you what-- I'll let you know once I've fallen in love."

 

"When is that? When you're 40?"

 

Yoona flicked his forehead hard. "Ya! I'm still your noona."

 

"Yes and you won't give me a brother-in-law." Jaehyuk pouted. "Please go on dates."

 

Yoona chuckled. Such things shouldn't be the concern of her brother. "Did Amber put you up to this? Don't worry about my love life, Hyukkie. I'm okay."

 

Is she though? Her mind flashed back to the baking practice she did with Jiyong. 

 

"Noona..." Jaehyuk bit his lip as if wanting to say something more. 

 

"Yeah?"

 

Jaehyuk seemingly changed his mind. "Nothing. Good night."

 

 

 

"Is that why Chaerin hasn't been around much recently?" Jiyong chuckled bitterly, shaking his head. "She's dating that Ian guy?"

 

Taeyang nodded, showing his bestfriend the photo Chaerin sent him of her date. "She seems happy."

 

"I don't like him." Jiyong declared. "He thinks his music is cooler than mine."

 

"Good thing Chae doesn't care about that." Jiyong glared at him. "It's true. It's not about you, man."

 

Jiyong didn't answer, he just snatched the fidget spinner from Taeyang.

 

"Did you know she's been hanging out with Yoona after work?" 

 

Jiyong's interest perked at the sound of Yoona's name but he didn't show it. "Yoona? Warden Yoona?"

 

"Yeah," Taeyang sat more comfortably in Jiyong's office lounge. "She's happy that you're getting your act together, you know? I am too."

 

Jiyong looked away. Yeah, the morning runs with Yoona, the seemingly packed schedule he has recently has kept him from his usual news headlines but that doesn't mean he doesn't lie awake at night afraid to fall asleep. And once he does sleep, he would always be woken up by dreams of the car crash. 

 

It's a burden. Now that he's aware of the stupid decisions he did, the people whose jobs suffered, the friends who also got hurt because of him, the fans who cried and had their heart broken because of it...he feels so guilty about it. It makes him want to put his act together for good. But also.. at nights, he just wanted to contact his driver to drive him to the seediest, dirtiest club they could find. It's only been a couple of months but the truth is.. he's really sick of being sober.

 

"Hey, you think you could set up a dinner with Yoona? I want Hyorin to meet her."

 

"Why, Bae? It's not like she'll stay in YG in the long run."

 

Taeyang shrugged. "Still good to have connections. She's good at her job. A miracle worker. She saved your career from the gutter, Ji. And she's very pretty, should we set her up with one of our friends? Hmm, what about Daesung?"

 

"What are you talking about?" Jiyong rolled his eyes and shook his head. 

 

"A blind date. Or our model friend Jonghyun? They'll look good together."

 

"They won't." GD snapped.

 

Taeyang narrowed his eyes, feeling suspicious. "Why? Are you... by chance--"

 

Jiyong shoved him, very, very defensively. "The are you on about?"

 

"She doesn't seem like your type, Ji." Taeyang mused.

 

"Wae? What's my type, Bae?"

 

"Japanese." Taeyang answered, smirking. "Or young..... younger"

 

" you?"

 

"No thank you." Taeyang laughed. "This is pointless anyway. You are obviously not her type. You two are too different. What was I thinking?"

 

Jiyong leaned in, wanting to ask what the hell Taeyang meant by that but someone opened the door to his lounge room.

 

"Hey boys~" Yoona greeted, entering the room.

 

"Speak of the devil," Taeyang chuckled. Yoona raised an eyebrow. "... if the devil dares to be as pretty as you, Manager Yoong~"

 

"That's better. I come bearing a list of invitations. When I first started, you were barely receiving appearance invites and now we have an actual list!"

 

She gave the list to Jiyong and stood there waiting for his decision.

 

Jiyong sighed, took one look at the list and gave it back to Yoona. "The Chanel gala."

 

"That's it? We could book you for more.." Yoona suggested, surprised at Jiyong's choice.

 

"Repaying loyalty.. bold move." Taeyang commented. He explained further when Yoona looked confused. "The rest practically abandoned him, pulled him as the face of the brand and acted like he was trash when he was going through his... rough road."

 

"Ahh.." Yoona nodded, understanding. "I could work with that. It's going to be fun answering their calls and explaining why G-Dragon won't come to their event."

 

Another knock on the door called their attention. "Annyeonghaseyo, Jiyong hyung! Taeyang hyung! Noona~"

 

"Yedammie!" Yoona smiled in greeting as the two older idols nodded. "Is there something you need?"

 

"I brought you a surprise!"

 

From behind Yedam, Jaehyuk appeared. "Noona, annyeong~"

 

"Aegiya~" Yoona greeted, walking towards them.

 

Jiyong fought the urge to roll his eyes. Doesn't matter why Taeyang thinks Yoona won't be interested in him. She already has someone she calls aegiya so fondly. 

 

"Hi!" Taeyang greeted from the couch. He stood up to stand behind Yoona. "Who's this?"

 

"Oh, this is my friend, hyung! Yoon Jaehyuk!"

 

"And he's my precious baby." Yoona cooed, ruffling Jaehyuk's hair.

 

"Oh my god, it's Taeyang!" Jaehyuk whispered, feeling starstrucked staring at the idol. "It's so nice to meet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter