In the Christmas spirit

Christmas spirit, found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A cute and hopefully sweet take on Christmas where Sihyeon is Aisha’s upstairs neighbor who is obsessed with Xmas music and Aisha isn’t really in the mood. Got this from a prompt list of Christmas au thanks to WonyosUnni:) and here’s to hoping both Sihyeon and Yiren get well soon, praying for the best for both my girlies. 




 

Heo Yoorim tiredly stepped off the elevator. After more than nine hours at work all the woman wanted to do was get into bed and sleep the rest of the night away. Thank goodness it was Friday. Yoorim reached into her bag for her keys, grabbing everything else but that, a hair scrunchie, her phone, lip gloss. All the things that weren’t her keys until finally just passed her daily planner. There were her keys. The lovely sound of metal dangling when she grabbed her keys out and opened the door. Felt like music to her ears, especially for someone as tired as she. Yoorim shuts on the hallway light, places her shoes neatly to the side, and closes her door. Yoorim wasn’t even sure how she was staying awake right now.

 

Her bed was calling for her. She placed her work bag down on the kitchen table, grabbed herself a glass of water, and went to her bedroom. She didn’t even recall how she successfully got into the shower and into her pajamas. At this point in time all Yoorim knew was that her bed looked quite cozy. And all it was missing was her. Yoorim fell out onto her bed and was moments away from closing her eyes when she heard music.

 

Not just any music, but Christmas music.

 

“Christmas music?” Yoorim sits up suddenly, not feeling as tired. As if she just drank two full cups of coffee. 

 

That was exactly what Yoorim was hearing. Christmas music, though it wasn’t quite yet Christmas. It was surely someone playing music, and from the sound of it. The music was coming from upstairs, the neighbor above her. But why in the world would someone be playing Christmas music on a Friday evening when it wasn’t even Christmas yet. Yoorim sighs before placing her pillow over her head. Perhaps, she could drown out the music if she did this.

 

“No, it’s not working. Besides, I like to breathe.” She pulled the pillow away soon enough to be met with “All I want for Christmas”. Yoorim had to do something. She hated what she was about to do, but she had to go up there and politely tell whoever it was to cut it out. She got off of her bed, put on her comfortable purple bedroom slippers, threw her robe over her pajamas and headed up the one flight to the apartment above hers. 

 

Yoorim had never been up to the neighbor’s apartment. She never had any reason to as she doesn’t really know anyone well in her building. This was a matter of life and death, though, since Yoorim needed sleep. She was going to give this person a piece of her mind. As Yoorim got closer the music became louder. She almost couldn’t stand it, to be honest. Christmas music was simply not Heo Yoorim’s thing. Or rather she simply wasn’t in the Christmas spirit this year. Yoorim takes a deep breath then knocks on the door.

 

No response at first, how could it be with how loud the music was. Yoorim knocked again, this time louder.

 

“Just where is this guy?”

 

The guy in question happens to be a woman. Yoorim’s mouth nearly drops at how effortlessly pretty the dark-haired woman is in front of her. So pretty with big brown eyes and movie star looks. Yoorim loses all her thought entirely especially when the woman smiles.

 

“Hi, you’re pretty beautiful for a pizza delivery woman,” the lady says. “Though I don’t see a pizza with you, so I’m going to say you’re not my pizza delivery.”

 

Yoorim is staring. She knows she’s staring and how come now all of a sudden she doesn’t know what she wanted to complain about. The other woman is simply staring at her worriedly. Now, when Kim Sihyeon heard the knocking on the door. She genuinely did believe it was the pizza she ordered. She never expected to see this almost impossibly gorgeous woman standing there.

 

“A model?” Sihyeon thinks to herself at this unreal beautiful brunette, who stands slightly taller than her, long legs, and arms. A kind of intimidating gaze if Sihyeon were being honest. But that aside, the woman is simply beautiful and now Sihyeon is staring too.

 

“Um…”

 

There is something about the woman’s voice that pulls Yoorim out of her trance of sorts. Now she remembers what she wanted to say. The music is still playing, at least it’s not as loud as it was earlier.

 

“Hi, my name is Heo Yoorim. I live one flight below you.” Yoorim is able to start and Sihyeon gives this warm smile. The kind of smile that makes you pause because you feel like your cheeks are suddenly on fire. Yoorim tries not to think about that part, however.  She is only here to ask her upstairs neighbor to please turn down her music. Because Yoorim is a tired woman who has been working all day. That shouldn’t be too hard, right?
 

“I’m Kim Sihyeon, and it’s nice to meet you, Yoorim.”

 

Trying not to think about how very polite and pretty Sihyeon is. Yoorim reminds herself again that she is here to ask Sihyeon to turn down her music.

 

“Hi, I don’t mean to be that neighbor or anything. But would you mind turning the music down.”

 

Sihyeon says nothing for a moment. Yoorim is left hoping she hasn’t offended the woman, though in truth, why should she care? She’s the offended party here since all she was trying to do was sleep. Sihyeon was the one blasting Christmas music before it’s even Christmas.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Sihyeon smiles apologetically. She honestly feels bad now, because she simply wasn’t thinking about how someone else might have been bothered. Normally, all of her neighbors know she loves Christmas. They don’t tend to care if she plays her playlists every day until Christmas. But this is a neighbor from another floor. 

 

“I’ll turn it down. I wasn’t thinking. I just love Christmas music so much. I hope it didn’t bother you too badly, Yoorim.”

 

“No, it didn’t.” She lies, because of how earnest and sincere Sihyeon does look. “I should go. Have a good evening, Sihyeon.”

 

“You too, oh but Yoorim?”

 

Yoorim turns with a slight curious raise of her eyebrow. Sihyeon swallows a bit nervously under the taller woman’s gaze. How can someone she doesn’t even know so well be both hot and kind of scary too. Sihyeon hopes she’s not overstepping here.

 

“What’s your favorite Christmas song?”

 

That was not a question Yoorim expected. She isn’t sure what she expected but she didn’t expect to hear that. Does she even have a favorite Christmas song? Yoorim does enjoy music as much as the next person. This year, however. Heo Yoorim is simply not in the Christmas spirit.

 

“I don’t think I have one.”

 

“W-What?” Sihyeon gasps, not meaning to, but she kind of can’t help it. Did Yoorim really just say she had no favorite Christmas song? Sihyeon is standing there stunned for such a long time. She never notices that Yoorim has already said goodnight to her and is gone.

 

“No favorite Christmas song.”

 

Well that just wasn’t going to do. She had to correct that, and Sihyeon knew just what she had to do. All she had to do was find a way to talk to Yoorim again.

 

It was safe to say that Yoorim did get some sleep that night, uninterrupted without any more loud Christmas music. She thought the next night would be interrupted too, only it wasn’t. Yoorim had barely got through her door and out of her work clothes, when she heard the Christmas music again, just as loud.

 

“Santa, Baby….” Yoorim sighs, what is with her upstairs neighbor. It’s not even Christmas yet, and Yoorim decides to go upstairs again and ask Sihyeon to please turn her music down. She said it was to ask her to turn her music down. Only when Yoorim got to Sihyeon’s apartment and saw the pretty woman dressed in her festive red and white pajamas. Looking ready for Christmas and really adorable. Yoorim is standing there staring at her without words. Sihyeon grins and waves her hand over the brunette’s face. She is so cute standing there with a spaced-out expression. 

 

“Yoorim?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She regains her composure, what was she thinking again? Oh yeah, she needed to ask Sihyeon again to turn her music down. The other woman is simply so pretty it’s kind of hard for Yoorim to think. She hasn’t ever been so instantly affected by another person like this. 

 

“Why don’t you come in?” Sihyeon offers. “I’ll turn my music down, I promise.”

 

Should she walk into a stranger’s apartment? Probably not. However, Sihyeon isn’t really that much of a stranger now. Yoorim supposes she can come in for a moment. Sihyeon did as she said she would and turned down her music. Now it’s so low that you can barely hear it. The first thought when Yoorim walked in was how bright and cheerful looking in the place was, the purple rug and matching curtains, a multicolored bean bag chair in one of the corners. Sihyeon’s place is comfortable, with that warm feeling of being at home. 

 

“Would you like something to drink?”

 

“No, I’m okay, thank you.” Yoorim declines.

 

Sihyeon frowns a bit. Yoorim hopes she’s not offended the woman. “Yoorim, I am trying to be a good hostess here. You don’t want the word to get out that Kim Sihyeon is not a considerate hostess, do you?”

 

Yoorim is fairly certain that Sihyeon is messing with her. Though, she does look quite serious. Yoorim ultimately decides she will take the offer, because no one would ever accuse Heo Yoorim of being a rude guest. She accepts a glass of water and Sihyeon returns soon enough. This is just the opportunity Sihyeon hoped for. Now she could talk to Yoorim and ask her a few questions. Hopefully without making the other woman want to run in the opposite direction. Truthfully, Sihyeon is hoping to get to know her neighbor better. Not only because she is very obviously attractive. 

 

“I’m sorry, was my music bothering you again.” 

 

Yoorim notices that Sihyeon does look as if she feels bad about it. Even if she was a little frustrated earlier by Sihyeon’s music. Yoorim simply feels like she couldn’t even be angry for real with this woman. There is something so very wholesome and sweet about her aura. Besides, Sihyeon wasn’t doing any harm or anything. All she wanted to do was enjoy her music. It surely wasn’t her neighbor’s fault she wasn’t particularly in the Christmas spirit.

 

“No, well, it’s not your fault. I’ve just been having a lot of long work hours lately.”
 

Now, Sihyeon does feel bad. She probably was unintentionally disturbing her neighbor. She apologizes again.

 

“No, I shouldn’t have been blasting my music so loudly. I should have been more considerate, so I’ll make sure it’s not too loud for you, deal?”

 

“Deal.” Yoorim smiles softly and reaches for her glass of water. That wasn’t so hard after all. More importantly, it seems like she and Sihyeon have reached a fair conclusion. All they had to do was talk it out like rational adults.

 

“There’s just something about this time of year, and Christmas music that I love so much.”

 

Yoorim notes how she sounds like an excited younger kid with the smile to match. Heartwarming, definitely heartwarming. 

 

“You really don’t have a favorite Christmas song, Yoorim?”

 

Yoorim thinks about it, really. She does and nothing is coming to mind. All Yoorim can do is smile apologetically.

 

“No, I don’t think so.”

 

Sihyeon looks kind of sad for her. The sad look doesn’t last long as it’s replaced with a smile. Sihyeon has no idea why Yoorim has no favorite Christmas song. But she will do her best to change her mind. She makes a silent promise to herself to bring a bit of that Christmas spirit to the other woman. Something tells Sihyeon that is exactly what Yoorim is missing.

 

“Well before the holidays are over. We’re going to change that.”

 

Yoorim didn’t understand what the big deal was. Why did Sihyeon seem to care so muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter