all about you

New Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stars pouring over you without you noticing
You smile and a new flower blooms
The more I see you running
The faster my heart beats"

- All About You - NCTU 2020

 

If you had it your way, you would never trust Lee Donghyuck with any of your secrets.

But that was universally impossible - he was your best friend since the both of you were snot-faced brats throwing sand at each other in the kindergarten playground. He was a big bully then (he still is) and was shovelling sand at your other best friend, Mark Lee - who was a pushover since he was a kid, as well. You always had a strong sense of justice (and it helped that you were taller than the both boys then), so you stepped in and threw Donghyuck's shovel away. Mark would not stop following you around then and Donghyuck, being bored as he had no one to bully anymore, also joined the two of you.

The three of you have been as thick as thieves since young and hence all of you knew each other inside out.

So of course, they knew about your big crush on the senior soccer player Kim Jungwoo.

Mark wasn't as sharp as Donghyuck - he simply assumed you started watching their soccer practices because of them and was genuinely pleased, being the simple sweetheart he was. "Yay, you're finally watching our games!"

Donghyuck narrowed his eyes at you and tracked your gaze.

"You like Jungwoo hyung!"

He declared accusatorily and for the umpteenth time, you wished you weren't friends with Donghyuck then.

The first - and only time- you had a conversation with Jungwoo, Donghyuck had to ruin it.

You had mustered the courage to smile at Jungwoo during a soccer game when they had their break, and to your surprise and delight, he strolled over to you, his dreamy hair touseled in sweat and charismatic smile dancing on the corners of his face.

"Thanks for watching our games, Rinji." he chuckled, and your heart skipped at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter