A turn of events

Tripped Into Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean we’re getting engaged?” Minjoo was honestly so confused. Sure, she thought the other girl was pretty, and perhaps she was slightly attracted to her, but engagement? She just turned 21 for God’s sake, she was NOT ready for marriage!

 

“Look, I know it sounds crazy, but it’s a tradition in my family to marry anyone who saves your life.” Chaewon tried to explain herself.

 

“That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire life and I’m friends with Yuri and Yujin.” Deadpanned Minjoo.

 

“Hey I take offense to that!” 

 

“So do I!”

 

“I’m telling you the truth though!” Chaewon couldn’t believe she was doing this, why exactly was she telling the other girl all about this? She was so against that stupid tradition but all of a sudden this pretty girl came into her life and decided to save her. What exactly was so special about Kim Minjoo that she strangely didn’t mind the thought of being engaged to her?

 

“That doesn’t exactly make things any better.” The younger Kim refuses to believe the absolute nonsense the other girl was telling her. Though in the back of her mind she remembers the crazy traditions her family follows as well, why do rich people have such ridiculous traditions? It was, well… ridiculous!

 

“You of all people know how rich families like their stupid traditions unnie, besides, Chaewon-unnie is certainly your type.” Here comes Wonyoung trying to save the situation. 

 

“I am?” Chaewon didn’t know why she suddenly started to blush, but hearing that she was the younger girl’s type, warmed her heart and made her feel happy.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Minjoo averted her eyes, firmly denying that she had a type. 

 

“Oh really? Shorter than you, small face, cute eyes, has a great voice, tanned skin, and a tsundere.” Wonyoung started listing off all the attributes of Minjoo’s “type”. 

 

“Not to mention she even looks like Yuri too!” Exclaimed Nako.

 

On the other side of the table, Yuri was helping herself to Yena’s popcorn enjoying the drama that is Kim Minjoo’s life in front of her. However, upon hearing the short girl’s remark she suddenly started choking. 

 

“WHAT?! You liked Yuri?!” Yena’s eye widened in disbelief and possessively wrapped her arms around the hamster. Yuri was hers!

 

“I honestly forgot that you liked Yuri-unnie at one point.” Commented a laughing Yujin.

 

“Liked, as in, past tense, so you can relax Yena-ssi, I don’t like Yuri anymore so she’s all yours.” Minjoo was quick to say that she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter