Finale

The Art of Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunbi can never be mistaken with her features. 

 

She knows her physique better than she knows her own self. She can recall moments where she used to lean on her shoulder when she’s tired, those big and gorgeous eyes that were very expressive on how she feels, that side feature which she spent most of her time admiring it, those arms that were open for her to throw herself into whenever she wants a hug from her. Even when they’re in the middle of a huge crowd, she knows how to locate her just by simply having the glimpse of her back. 

 

How could she ever forget the person whom she used to love the most?

 

But she did not expect to see her here, much less, alone. 

 

She’s the type of person who’s always with someone when she goes out of her lair. Eunbi knows that by heart because she’s aware of how introverted she is. Eunbi suddenly remembers that they used to dream of going here on this event together but it always gets cancelled for different reasons every year. 

 

Eunbi blinked a few times, her grip tightened on the water bottle she’s holding as she’s sure that it’s really her. She fought the urge to walk closer to her but at the same time; she stayed rooted in her place because a lot has already changed.

 

Eunbi has changed and she knows that so is she. 

 

She didn’t even have to walk up and strike a conversation with her to know that. It was obvious. From how her hair is now dyed pink and long, she even have a piercing which Eunbi was sure that it might have took her some time mustering some courage just to have one. She was a scaredy cat with confronting needles, and piercings utilizes needles. 

 

Eunbi wonders what happened for her to change like that.

 

You left her remember. Her mind chose to remind her of that fact. There’s always the pain of the one who was left behind but there’s also the pain of the one who left. And she’s lying if she’ll say that she didn’t miss her a bit during the past years.

 

There were times Eunbi misses the way she’s sweet and caring, bringing in flowers in the most random of moments. She misses the way they talked about the future as if they knew what will happen, about the family they would have, how many and what kind of pets they would take care of, and of random things that go their way. She recalls and misses the days where they would just stay inside the comfort of her room, just cuddle and rest until they both fall asleep and they would call it a date.

 

It’s just a few of the so many things she misses about her, and she knows that she shouldn’t because it’ll be unfair.

 

And also, it's all in the past.

 

There was a sudden weight that fell on Eunbi’s shoulder and she smelt the sweet fragrance of her partner’s perfume. “Here. I got us a sandwich. I thought you might be starving now.” Chaeyeon muttered, it is way past dinner time and yet they haven’t really eaten anything decent due to the fact that they’re already inside the venue of the music fest they’re attending. She’s just thankful that there are a lot of stalls to choose from inside the place.

 

The Highlight music festival happens at the last month of the year just to celebrate the passing of time and also to give focus on different songs that were released and became part of the year. 

 

The acts and their set lists are excellent and diverse. There’s pop, rock, edm, ballad, and other genres, there’s also mainstream artists and independent ones, and it’s a great way to be introduced to different sounds and music. Not to mention, the crowd is energetic too, even if they don’t know the lyrics of the song, they wave their hands or jump to the rhythm and dance. 

 

That’s why when you’re already inside the venue, you’re advised to not leave anymore unless you’re really going to go home because it’s easy to go out but kind of difficult to pass by and get inside through the crowd that also wants to go inside the venue.

 

“Thanks, love.” Eunbi smiled weakly. She felt horrible that she misses her ex, the same ex she left years ago, just because she saw her in flesh again. It’s unfair to Chaeyeon. 

 

Eunbi doesn’t want to hurt Chaeyeon, the person who helped her pick up from her broken pieces and chose to love her despite knowing what happened then. 

 

Being with Chaeyeon makes her feel at ease, after all, Eunbi found her haven with her. She became Eunbi’s safe space whenever life becomes a little too much. Chaeyeon makes living feel lighter and easier than it really feels. And Eunbi would never want to replace her precious laugh and gorgeous to a tear-stained face, because Chaeyeon doesn’t deserve that. 

 

What Chaeyeon deserves is the world and Eunbi aims to give her that.

 

“Are you tired?” Chaeyeon worriedly asked. Her head moved around to look for some space where they could sit down for a while. They’ve been standing for quite some time ever since the event started. And so far, 2 acts already finished performing and they went out from the crowd to relieve themselves from suffocating and also to drink water. “Do you want to sit down for a moment?”

 

Eunbi shook her head no. “We still have to watch the next band remember. It’s your favorite band if I’m not mistaken.” She didn’t want to take an experience of a lifetime away from Chaeyeon.

 

“We don’t really have to if you’re tired.” Chaeyeon uttered, looking down into Eunbi’s eyes. She always loved how taller she is than Eunbi although she’s younger than her. “I can always see them on some other gig of theirs. You’re much more important than them you know.”

 

This is one of the things that Eunbi loves about Chaeyeon. She’s vocal about how she loves her even if sometimes it’s subtle and not direct to the point, but the thought is still there. It’s like she’s saying “I love you” but without really saying those words.

 

“I’m fine, Chaeyeon. Really,” Eunbi emphasized. She normally doesn’t use her lover’s name but when she does, it means she’s serious about something. 

 

Her eyes followed Chaeyeon as she moved towards her right side now. She momentarily stopped breathing as she saw the pink haired lady situated way past behind Chaeyeon. She froze when she realized that she met gazes with the same eyes that she missed.

 

She found it funny how someone from her past still has some effect on her. Maybe it’s just guilt she’s feeling towards her. It’s been three years, three whole years without her and now she’s seen her again. Eunbi doesn’t know if it’s destiny or fate for her to see Sakura again.

 

But the thing is, they both don’t believe in destiny or fate because they believe that it’s just us who choose and decide how things would turn out.

 

Eunbi moved a little to her right just for Chaeyeon to fully block her view of Sakura. She hopes that Chaeyeon didn’t notice anything strange with her and make her worry. She doesn’t want her past to bring commotion to her present heart. She’s happy and contented with Chaeyeon now and she wants it to stay that way. “Are you sure, Eunbi?”

 

To Eunbi, love is a choice. It was love when she chose to leave Sakura that night and it was love when she chose to say yes when Chaeyeon asked her to be her girlfriend after seeing her sincerity. Love drives us to make decisions, to make choices, some of it may be good, and some might be bad. And Eunbi chooses Chaeyeon, her present, over her past, always.

 

“Come on. Let’s go and watch the band you love.” Eunbi said, taking Chaeyeon’s free hand to intertwine with it and started to lead the way far from the past she had long chose to leave behind from the very moment she left her that night.

 

---

 

Sakura watched as Eunbi and the person she was with walk away. She wasn’t blind or stupid to not know that they’re together. Anyone who would see them would know right away from how they look at each other. It was full of care and love, Sakura remembers that she used to look at Eunbi like that too, like she’s the only woman in the world and that no one else matter most than her.

 

Her heart was aching when she saw that small detail of hand holding and it continued to ache. It bleeds for a love that got lost yet it never stopped beating, even with its fragmented pieces, for someone who chose to leave her behind.

 

Maybe what they say is true, that I’m a fool who keeps choosing to love her after all these years, even though she will not choose me anymore. 

 

Sakura admits that she had a fair share of flaws and contributed to most of their fights, but most of all, she just wants to have a closure from what had happened then. 

 

She only wants to know the answers to all of the questions that formed in her head, from the ones that made her cry herself to sleep to the ones that kept her up all night. Because until then, she knows that her stubborn heart will always choose Eunbi, even if it continues to hurt her for heart still recognizes Eunbi as its owner.

 

“Sorry to keep you wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter