paper

PARADOX (KRYBER)
"i love you."
 
"mmm-mmm-mmm-mmm..."
 
you smiled. that was krystal's sleepy way of saying 'i love you too'.
 
it was saturday, two am. you were in the middle of watching a movie from her bed when you felt krystal's full weight on you. you knew she had fallen asleep.
 
you glanced at the hanging yin and yang necklaces on her dresser mirror as a familiar feeling fills your chest.
 
you smiled again.
 
you turned the tv off with the remote, kissed the top of her head and put one arm around her waist as you readied yourself to sleep.
 
---
 
krystal woke you up around eight in the morning to have breakfast on that balcony from her art room.
 
it felt good. the wind that morning was cold, perfect for the hot brewed coffee matched with pancakes, fried rice, and omelettes served.
 
krystal was right, the view is so much better in the morning. you can see the green trees on the side of the mountain, the greenish water, and the tiny houses and streets below. it made you feel you're on a holiday vacation.
 
after that, everything fast-forwarded. you and krystal spent the whole saturday in her room, watching movies, talking, and just kissing and cuddling.
 
---
 
"hey. it's gonna be all right. it's just for a few hours. we'll see each other tomorrow in school," you said, trying to calm krystal down as she doesn't want to leave your apartment anymore.
 
she drove you home that sunday evening. everything was okay. but when the time comes and she's about to leave, she started having slight tantrum attacks like a kid, pouting too much and a lot of whining.
 
"but i'll miss you..."
 
"i know..." you pulled her into an embrace. "i'm going to miss you too. call me when you get home, okay?"
 
she nods, still pouting. "but i don't want to go home yet..."
 
"well, you can stay here for the night," you suggested. "i can ask your driver to pick you up around five in the morning tomorrow so you could go back home and prepare for school."
 
she shakes her head. "i don't want to wake up that early..."
 
"then let's just ask him to drive home now and bring some of your clothes here."
 
krystal rubs an eye and shakes her head again. "it's quite a long drive from here. i don't want to tire him that much. tsk. i should've brought my clothes."
 
your girlfriend is just so adorable. you raised her chin with your index finger and kissed her, pulling away after a little while to stare at each other's face.
 
"you behave here while i'm gone, okay?" she said.
 
"yes, princess. i surely will."
 
"tsk. i always hate this part when i have to go home." krystal held your hand and stood up from the couch. "anyway, i really need to go now. it's getting late."
 
you followed her along. "you look tired. take a rest during the drive, okay? just call me when you got home."
 
you hugged and kissed one last time before krystal left your room. she didn't want you to walk her downstairs as it'll be harder for her to leave.
 
"take care..." you whispered as you watched her car from your window driving away.
 
you glanced at the wall clock behind you. it'll take her almost an hour to get back to her house.
 
your phone suddenly rang. you smiled after seeing the name appearing on the screen. you know it's her.
 
you put your headsets on and settled on the couch comfortably as you knew it'll be a long call.
 
you pressed the answer button. "hey. i miss you already."
 
---
 
"i didn't know you already have a girlfriend."
 
you and ailee were once again seated in front of each other to plan for your group project. due to your semi-vacation weekend experience, you've totally forgotten about what happened last friday.
 
"yeah. i'm sorry i didn't tell you right away. it's just something i was hoping to keep private..." you said.
 
"it's all right. you don't need to tell the whole school about it anyway," she said. "i was just surprised because i always thought you and suzy were romantic."
 
"no." you slightly grimaced, remembering the past issue with krystal and suzy. "suzy and i are just friends. she knows all about my girlfriend."
 
"oh. that's cool." ailee nods, went silent for a second, before continuing. "so, what is your girlfriend like?"
 
you looked up at ailee, feeling a little excitement coming up as this is the first time you'll talk to others about your girlfriend.
 
"umm... long hair, pretty, scary..." you chuckled internally at the last adjective.
 
"interesting. that sounds like krystal."
 
you stopped for a second to chance a glance at your girlfriend who's busy discussing something with sehun.
 
"umm. yeah. she's actually more like an krystal-type of girl. yes."
 
"i see. that isn't surprising since they were friends, right?"
 
"mmm-mmm."
 
"i didn't know those were your type..."
 
"hmm? when you say 'those' you mean...?"
 
ailee taps her pen on her notebook, hesitating to tell you what exactly is on her mind. "let's just say, all this time i thought you're into suzy-type of girls."
 
"ah. that. well, i guess we can't choose whoever our heart desires, right?" you gave a small smile.
 
"you're right." ailee looked down and nodded. "now i understand why you want to be partnered with krystal. you want to feel safe because she's acting like a watchdog."
 
"haha. can't the reason be that i want to get to know her better? like i told you, there's more to her than what we see."
 
"you're probably right. anyway, library session won't be necessary for now as we've already covered a lot. do you need me to do something else aside from the ones you've given me?"
 
"i think we're cool with that." you stretched my arms up in the air, your bones cracking. "phew! i can't believe we finished our term paper in two weeks."
 
"me too!" said ailee, laughing softly. you can see how she's hunched on her chair, obscuring herself with your body so krystal won't see her. "i'm glad to have you as my partner here. you made everything easier."
 
"i should be the one thanking you," you said. "you're the one who pushed me to go to the library. that's the best thing we've done. thank you."
 
ailee stretches out her arms too, not a little too wide. "finally, we can relax for this subject until the end of the term."
 
"you bet i will relax." you slouched on the chair, hands on your nape. "this term was a bit of stressful for me. but so far this is the best." you held out your hand to ailee for a shake. "to stress-free end of term?"
 
ailee moved slightly to her left to make sure krystal won't see it. she shook your hand. "to stress-free end of term."
 
---
 
"please! please! please!"
 
"i thought you and sehun were on top of this?"
 
you and krystal are already in your apartment, relaxing on the couch when she mentioned she needs a little help from you.
 
"we are!" krystal flipped the pages. "we're done with this part, and this one too, and this one. i just need a little help on some of them."
 
"which part?" you asked.
 
krystal pointed at the paper. "this, this, and this." she flipped the pages and pointed at it again. "also this one, and... this one too. oh, these also, i'm not sure what to put in them."
 
your jaw dropped, realising they are only done with almost a quarter of the term paper. "and you said you're on top of this?"
 
krystal showed you her big smile.
 
"i can't believe you."
 
krystal hugged you. "please, please, please..."
 
"you need to pay me for this, okay? i was supposed to relax until the end of this semester."
 
her face scrunches. "why do i have to pay? i'm your girlfriend!"
 
"i need motivation to do this." you showed her your hand, asking for money. "don't be frugal. you're rich."
 
"can i pay in different terms instead?" she asked, smirking.
 
"what terms?"
 
she moves closer to your ear. "i'll sleep here tonight."
 
you backed away, raising an eyebrow. "eh? is that the reason for those big bags at my doorstep?"
 
she giggled. "yeah. i brought some clothes for times like this."
 
you gave her a knowing look. "planning to seduce me to get your papers done, huh?"
 
she bats her eyelashes. "maybe..."
 
you shake your head with a sigh. "that's unfair. you can't pay me with something that's already my benefit for having you as my girlfriend. nothing's free now, honey." you kissed her temple.
 
"well, it'll be a different experience this time," she said, still pushing it.
 
"wow. how so?"
 
"you'll see..." she kisses your cheek slowly, her lips moving up to your ear.
 
you can already feel the goosebumps on your arms.
 
"you sure you can keep up with me?" she asked.
 
already knowing what's on her mind, you leaned back to give room for krystal as she made her way to sit on your lap.
 
she guided your arms around her waist, and hers automatically landed on your shoulders.
 
you looked up at her and wonders for a moment how can she be this hot.
 
her partly ed white blouse is showing a bit of her chest. her hair, untied and wavy, is hanging loosely down her shoulders, somewhat covering her beautiful face. her pinkish lips are slightly parted, and you want nothing that very moment but to feel those against yours.
 
"ready?" she asked in her most y bedroom voice.
 
already drowned by her beauty, your voice left your throat. you remember seeing the light from the ceiling until the view was blocked by krystal who held your head and kissed you hard.
 
you weren't able to add anything to her term paper that night.